West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

I sit in line with the northern goal line and couldn't believe how Diame curled that round the keeper. It just didn't look to be on. Overall a decent performance against a much stronger team. I'll be more disappointed if we don't beat Southampton.

You seem to watch a lot of Arsenal games Smokie. I reckon you should come out, you closet Gunnersmile.png .

I watch a lot of most teams Santi. Still playing the same airy fairy football this year I see. Its easy on the eye against the Spam but you'll get murdered by us. smile.png

West Ham forward Ricardo Vaz Te could be out for up to 12 weeks after suffering a dislocated shoulder in the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal.

The 26-year-old had to be replaced by Matt Taylor just after the hour-mark after falling awkwardly following a filthy attempt at leaving his foot in on Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce confirmed after the match that Vaz Te would not be fit to return until after the international break and could be out until the festive period.

I made a couple of small edits for readability.

Edited by Chicog

West Ham forward Ricardo Vaz Te could be out for up to 12 weeks after suffering a dislocated shoulder in the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal.

The 26-year-old had to be replaced by Matt Taylor just after the hour-mark after falling awkwardly following a filthy attempt at leaving his foot in on Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce confirmed after the match that Vaz Te would not be fit to return until after the international break and could be out until the festive period.

From what I can see in this clip, it was unintentional. The keeper slid into him and he was running at pace after the ball.

You seem to watch a lot of Arsenal games Smokie. I reckon you should come out, you closet Gunnersmile.png .

I watch a lot of most teams Santi. Still playing the same airy fairy football this year I see. Its easy on the eye against the Spam but you'll get murdered by us. smile.png

burp.gif zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

From what I can see in this clip, it was unintentional. The keeper slid into him and he was running at pace after the ball.

Bullshit, he left his foot in, and could easily have avoided contact.

Even the clip you linked to is entitled "Phil Dowd misses Vaz Te's intentional kicking of Vito Mannone in the face.".

Question.......what is the history/reason for the 'Bubbles song at Upton Park.

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm only a Gunner.

I thought your team played well against us,but as Allerdyce said,,,,thye were just too good for us !

And speaking of Allerdyce...my god ! he has mellowed from his Bolton time....smiling and greeting Wenger as an old friend...but still copies His mentor Sir Alex with chewing Gum.

Bullshit, he left his foot in, and could easily have avoided contact.

Even the clip you linked to is entitled "Phil Dowd misses Vaz Te's intentional kicking of Vito Mannone in the face.".

Of course it's entitled that. It was posted by an ignorant gooner who obviously knows nothing. Yes, another one.

Apparently there was an advertising campaign for soap before the war which showed a young boy with curly blond hair and had the slogan "I'm forever blowing bubbles" at a time that that was a popular song.. We had a player in the team that had similar hair, and it was sung for him and stuck.

Apparently there was an advertising campaign for soap before the war which showed a young boy with curly blond hair and had the slogan "I'm forever blowing bubbles" at a time that that was a popular song.. We had a player in the team that had similar hair, and it was sung for him and stuck.

Well you live and learn. As you should do about what constitutes "deliberately leaving your foot in".

smile.png

Well you live and learn. As you should do about what constitutes "deliberately leaving your foot in".

smile.png

Maybe the keeper should learn not to put his head in.

Maybe the keeper should learn not to put his head in.

Maybe it's within the laws of the game for the keeper to slude out and get the ball. And maybe kicking him the head is against the laws of the game.

Still, better a 12 week outage for a self-inflicted injury than a yellow card, eh?

So nothing to do with Michael Jackson's pet chimp thentongue.png

Well thats a surprise! I've always thought MJ's pet chimp was some sort of iconic figure at West Am. They are a funny lot though.

Gareth Bale wasn't even born then.

• 3 weeks later...

Former West Ham star blows a million in Thailand.

http://www.andrew-dr...million-in.html

Hardly a star. He was our Ali Dia. Paid a load of cash and were astounded at how little talent he had. The guy who scouted him happened to be the son in law of the owner of the club we bought him from. Beats a pair of socks for xmas. Eventually disappeared into obscurity.

Amazingly, we got our money back plus a better player as an exchange deal.

Hardly a star. He was our Ali Dia. Paid a load of cash and were astounded at how little talent he had. The guy who scouted him happened to be the son in law of the owner of the club we bought him from. Beats a pair of socks for xmas. Eventually disappeared into obscurity.

Sounds like he would have fitted in well with the Dildo Brothers, sex clubs and that !

Sounds like he would have fitted in well with the Dildo Brothers, sex clubs and that !

Wouldn't look out of place in the Thai league..

He'll end up at Watford where our old scouting director ended up along with the manager of the time.