West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

can't belive you paid all that for Downing. The scousers must be laughing their socks offlaugh.png

Don't believe everything you read in the press. As for the Scousers 'laughing their socks off' if you knew what they paid for him and what they sold him for, I don't think you would come to that conclusion.coffee1.gif Now haven't you got a nose to pick or a cock to catch?

Downing has always looked ok to me. He's better than Vaz Te as a winger. I'm more concerned with how we'll play him. I think it reinforces the cross it to Carroll tactic as plan A for the year. There's no plan B.

We also have an oversupply of decent midfielders now.

Downing has always looked ok to me. He's better than Vaz Te as a winger. I'm more concerned with how we'll play him. I think it reinforces the cross it to Carroll tactic as plan A for the year. There's no plan B.

40.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Ok, there's no Maradonas, but we have a fair few pushing for a spot and keeping them happy will be hard..

Diarra

Diame

Noble

Jarvis

Downing

Morrison

Collison

Cole

Nolan

Vaz Te

Taylor

Doesn't include those in the development squad pushing for a place or anyone I might have forgotten. Taylor is past it, but is a Sam favourite.

It's a real make or break season for Jack Collison. Maybe he needs to go out on loan to somewhere to get a bit of confidence back. Vaz Te is a bit of a joker in the pack but I think he needs to go as he is a liability defensively . I think Taylor's time has come up, as well,, just because he's slow and getting on a bit,. However that leaves a pretty decent midfield considering the mess we were in- only two years ago- under Uncle Avram. Now the cherry on the top would be another striker, Khun Ba, perhaps?smile.png

I seem to be in the minority in non west ham fans , but i reckon Downings a decent addition, with jarvis youve probably got as good a pair of wingmen outside of the top 4/5 teams and with Carroll as the prime target u will/could be a handful, if he stays fit ,which tbh i'm wondering if his body can take the step up in fitness he's taken since newcastle days,and nolan aint getting any younger and as someone said b4 plan b is somewhat lacking fin fact aint really there, which could really cost you , but we will see.Oh hasn't taylor gone to leeds ?

• Like 1

Ok, there's no Maradonas, but we have a fair few pushing for a spot and keeping them happy will be hard..

Diarra

Diame

Noble

Jarvis

Downing

Morrison

Collison

Cole

Nolan

Vaz Te

Taylor

Doesn't include those in the development squad pushing for a place or anyone I might have forgotten. Taylor is past it, but is a Sam favourite.

Yep he's just proved your point Alfiebiggrin.png

Diarra

Diame

Noble

Jarvis

Downing

Morrison

Collison

Cole

Nolan

Vaz Te

Taylor

Yep he's just proved your point Alfie:D

They're all proven to some extent in the PL.. Being Spanish/Brazilian and being known by one name doesn't mean they'll be any good..

There's an Aussie striker on trial (No I'm not talking about a theft or a robbery trial , Totts fans:lol: ). Do you know anything about him, TW?

I know nothing about Australian sport except for rugby league and the current Ashes squad I'm afraid..

This is from Goal.com. Michael Duke, is the name, As long as he doesn't have to face a Duke ball. laugh.png Might be worth a go,

The 22-year-old Central Coast Mariners forward has been rewarded for his international breakthrough with the Socceroos with an invitation to train at Upton Park for a week

Central Coast Mariners striker Mitchell Duke has been rewarded for his international breakthrough with an invitation to train with West Ham.

The Premier League outfit have invited Duke to train at Upton Park with Sam Allardyce's squad and the Mariners have revealed that the 22-year-old striker will leave Australia on Saturday for a week with the London-based club.

Interest from West Ham follows Duke's Australia debut at the East Asian Cup last month, where he scored two goals and was one of only four players to start all three of the Socceroos' matches in the tournament in South Korea.

The powerfully-built forward had a breakthrough season for the Mariners during their 2012-13 A-League championship-winning campaign, scoring eight goals in 28 appearances in all competitions.

Central Coast expect Duke to return to Australia on August 17 but revealed in a statement that they would update fans and media with any further developments should they occur.

West Ham finished 10th in the Premier League last term and will kick off their new campaign at home against Cardiff next week.

The London club has had a strong connection with Australia in the past, with Richard Garcia, Hayden Foxe and Michael Ferrante all having spent time at Upton Park, while 19-year-old Australian forward Dylan Tombides is currently part of the Hammers' youth set-up.

Listening to it on BBC Radio London, It sounded comfortable though maybe sat back a bit too much in the 2nd half. However when Downing came on, more vitality seemed to come into our play. A pretty good start and well done to the codgers, Joe Cole and Kevin Nolan.biggrin.png Come On You Ironz!!

That's pretty much how it was. I think Cardiff looked pretty decent actually. Nothing special, but organised. We played worse teams last year that stayed up. Swansea and WBA spring to mind.

The atmosphere was pretty good, especially as it was against a 'lesser' team with no local rivalry. We need a better song than 'Get you Rat out for the lads' for our new left back though.

Listening to it on BBC Radio London, It sounded comfortable though maybe sat back a bit too much in the 2nd half. However when Downing came on, more vitality seemed to come into our play. A pretty good start and well done to the codgers, Joe Cole and Kevin Nolan.biggrin.png Come On You Ironz!!

saw the game this afternoon. You looked fairly comfortable for the win.

You have a big threat too in Fat Sam slobbering on the touchline. the sight of the gum chewing globule must be very unsettling for the opposition.

The goals looked well constructed.(I saw them later) The second one, especially. might have surprised a few who thought Big Sam was just a long ball merchant. What do people think of Maiga? Will he get more games than last season? Nice to see Joe looking sharp though he missed a couple. Were the Cardiff fans wearing blue more than red? How was the Chilean Gary Medal? As for the Rat song, how this? 'There's a Rat in the Boleyn what are you gonna do" to the UB40 tune?laugh.png I'll get my coat

The goals looked well constructed.(I saw them later) The second one, especially. might have surprised a few who thought Big Sam was just a long ball merchant. What do people think of Maiga? Will he get more games than last season? Nice to see Joe looking sharp though he missed a couple. Were the Cardiff fans wearing blue more than red? How was the Chilean Gary Medal? As for the Rat song, how this? 'There's a Rat in the Boleyn what are you gonna do" to the UB40 tune?laugh.png I'll get my coat

I like Maiga. I think he's our best finisher. But he's not a lone striker, so won't get to play often.

Cardiff were mostly wearing blue. Can't say I blame them not liking the changes. If the owner wants to use them as a marketing tool for Wales, why not make the away shirt red rather than alienate the people that matter.

Medel played in front of the defence. Can't say I noticed him, but the radio commentators were saying he didn't do much and didn't look like a big money player.

I think that song might be better, but wouldn't get the same laugh from the players warming up (Tomkins understood it anyway)..

Listening to it on BBC Radio London, It sounded comfortable though maybe sat back a bit too much in the 2nd half. However when Downing came on, more vitality seemed to come into our play. A pretty good start and well done to the codgers, Joe Cole and Kevin Nolan.Posted Image Come On You Ironz!!

You have a big threat too in Fat Sam slobbering on the touchline. the sight of the gum chewing globule must be very unsettling for the opposition.

It's contamination of our thread from narrow minded outsiders that inevitably ensures I use more serious discussion forums such as KUMB.

It's contamination of our thread from narrow minded outsiders that inevitably ensures I use more serious discussion forums such as KUMB.

OK

Kumb?? I'll stick with Westhamonline... Less anally retentive moderation.

I used to be really anti the Sp*rs participation on here, but I'm trying to relax about it. Though I'm looking forwards to lasagnagate 2 next May...

I'm more of a Westhamonline man, too though I often wonder about some of the characters on thereblink.pnglaugh.png : Nursie, Ted Fenton, Council Scum , Kirky and others but i think Vinny's reports are usually pretty good. . Shame about Piggy. There used to be a fellow called Alf Ghandi who posted here as Happy Hammer. Does anyone remember him?.I wonder what he's up to? As for the Spurs people, bring it on, i saylaugh.png

• Like 1

Alf Ghandi later posted as Chutai.. I got on well with him then had a massive bust up over the unpleasantness at the end of the red shirt occupation and never spoke to him again before he got banned over something..

I met Bleeding Claret a couple of years ago in Soi Cowboy.. Everyone hates him on the forum, but I found him ok in real life.. I knew what he looked like because he once sent me his personal email address and I found him on facebook.. I went up to him in Fanny's and introduced myself to his astonishment.

Bleeding Claret used to take a lot of hits on his tin hat for negativity or realism, depending on your point of view, though not as much as Texas Iron or Bolty (has he been banned or murdered?). One thing I do like about the site is the photo archive section, some great pics on there.thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...