West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

The Shorey transfer rumours are gathering pace...I am sure that Mathew Upson is stirring it up, he was good mates with Shorey when he was on loan at Reading for 6 months...they formed a good defensive partnership...we should have brought Upson, he was outstanding when he was there, but we had no money then...now we have money but nobody wants to come !!

I wonder what colour Shirt Shorey will be wearing when Saturday comes???

I sincerely hope is hoops

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Shorey transfer rumours are gathering pace...I am sure that Mathew Upson is stirring it up, he was good mates with Shorey when he was on loan at Reading for 6 months...they formed a good defensive partnership...we should have brought Upson, he was outstanding when he was there, but we had no money then...now we have money but nobody wants to come !!

I wonder what colour Shirt Shorey will be wearing when Saturday comes???

I sincerely hope is hoops

Wel my prediction is:

Shorey won't join us. Well maybe in January ?

Barnes will.

Mancini won't .

Adriano might.

So looks like Shorey is safe for the moment. Although I've been known to be very wrong before. :o

But to be frank, is he any better than McCartney ? Although it'd be good to have a strong squad anyway.

It never rains but it pours does it HH ? Now dyers gone and broke is leg? Are you sure it wasn't a conspiracy between Bellamy & Bowyer :o

The Ice man must have deep pockets to keep funding these new players, looks like you'll have to buy again to replace Dyer.

It never rains but it pours does it HH ? Now dyers gone and broke is leg? Are you sure it wasn't a conspiracy between Bellamy & Bowyer :D

The Ice man must have deep pockets to keep funding these new players, looks like you'll have to buy again to replace Dyer.

a combo of sod's law and panic buy's ( and with one more to come before the deadline ) :o .

Curbs is due a bit of luck soon :D .

It never rains but it pours does it HH ? Now dyers gone and broke is leg? Are you sure it wasn't a conspiracy between Bellamy & Bowyer :D

West ham have got to stop buying injury prone players for 3 mil above what they are worth.

Curbishley hasn't done the cause much good claiming in the press that it was a malicious tackle, absolute rubbish!!

At least another player to add to the list of excuses when he gets the sack at xmas.

Curbishley isn't good enough he's bought poorly since he arrived at the club, Boa-morte, Quashie but to name a few he can't motivate the players and does'nt have enough passion for the job, get rid and put Gus Hiddink in :o

Lets have a manager with the ability to match the chairmans ambition.

West ham have got to stop buying injury prone players for 3 mil above what they are worth.

Curbishley hasn't done the cause much good claiming in the press that it was a malicious tackle, absolute rubbish!!

At least another player to add to the list of excuses when he gets the sack at xmas.

Curbishley isn't good enough he's bought poorly since he arrived at the club, Boa-morte, Quashie but to name a few he can't motivate the players and does'nt have enough passion for the job, get rid and put Gus Hiddink in :D

You sound more like a Sp*rs fan to me mate. :o

Curbs has bought fairly well in fact. I'm reasonably happy with Parker, Wright, Ljungberg, Dyer and Bellamy, although they have only replaced people going out, and also improved on those positions except for Benayoun and Tevez. As for Solano and Camara, we'll soon see. Although tell me how he was supposed to know that the bad luck of Upson and Dyer would continue ? That's not bad management unless you think that Curbishley is also psychic. Again with Faubert. Once more just bad luck and not judgement. By all accounts he's a very promising prospect.

As for Boa-Morte, he hasn't started off this season too badly and I reckon that he will get better.

Forget Curbs getting the sack. It won't happen unless we have the same sort of season as last year. And I for one am predicting an 6th-12th final position.

Eggy's ambitions are frankly unrealistic. If you thought that we'd be in the CL in three years then you must be equally as deluded. He's a business man used to bigging-up a product, supporters who went along with the hype are either naive, or impatient glory-hunters , or both.

Whoever the manager is, firstly he needs to build a team and concentrating on securing a stable position in the PL. Then being a more attractive proposition for more class players. After think of moving on to a Euro place in the top six. But any possibility of a CL place is frankly not on in the foreseeable future, at best.

Whether you like Curbishley or not, he's our manager (whom I actually still have faith in). So get behind him and the team and think realistically. Unless you're one of these irksome boo boys who go and should 'support' someone else, imo.

In the mean time there's that abysmal result at Reading last season to put right.

CUMMON YOU IRONZZ !!!

:D

I've just read that the reason nobby solano wants to move to London is so he can be near his EX wife :D:o:D , for the kids more than anything I suppose.

And he's looking old now !!!! , at 32 there cant be many good seasons left in him.

Camara will give you a few good games but is not relly a team player and he's 30.

I've just read that the reason nobby solano wants to move to London is so he can be near his EX wife , for the kids more than anything I suppose.

Doesn't she live in Ipswich though ? Still gotta be nearer than up norf I suppose. :D

Hang on though. That's Dyer I'm thinking of.

And he's looking old now !!!! , at 32 there cant be many good seasons left in him.

Irony is that at first we didn't want him when we got Dyer, as we had more than enough mid-fielders. So really he's only a temporary cover until Faubert's ok and Dyer eventually gets back (who will probably then fracture a metatarsal or something.) :o

Camara will give you a few good games but is not really a team player and he's 30.

Yeah, that one's a bit of a mystery. But as you intimate, he's not a bad player who can knock in a few. Useful squad player though. Him and Solano will just have to share the zimmer frame which Teddy left behind. :D

Curbishley isn't good enough he's bought poorly since he arrived at the club, Boa-morte, Quashie but to name a few he can't motivate the players and does'nt have enough passion for the job, get rid and put Gus Hiddink in :D

Curbs has bought fairly well in fact. I'm reasonably happy with Parker, Wright, Ljungberg, Dyer and Bellamy, although they have only replaced people going out, and also improved on those positions except for Benayoun and Tevez. As for Solano and Camara, we'll soon see. Although tell me how he was supposed to know that the bad luck of Upson and Dyer would continue ? That's not bad management unless you think that Curbishley is also psychic. Again with Faubert. Once more just bad luck and not judgement. By all accounts he's a very promising prospect.

As for Boa-Morte, he hasn't started off this season too badly and I reckon that he will get better.

Forget Curbs getting the sack. It won't happen unless we have the same sort of season as last year. And I for one am predicting an 6th-12th final position.

Eggy's ambitions are frankly unrealistic. If you thought that we'd be in the CL in three years then you must be equally as deluded. He's a business man used to bigging-up a product, supporters who went along with the hype are either naive, or impatient glory-hunters , or both.

Whoever the manager is, firstly he needs to build a team and concentrating on securing a stable position in the PL. Then being a more attractive proposition for more class players. After think of moving on to a Euro place in the top six. But any possibility of a CL place is frankly not on in the foreseeable future, at best.

Whether you like Curbishley or not, he's our manager (whom I actually still have faith in). So get behind him and the team and think realistically. Unless you're one of these irksome boo boys who go and should 'support' someone else, imo.

In the mean time there's that abysmal result at Reading last season to put right.

CUMMON YOU IRONZZ !!!

l knew when l posted my comments l would get this reaction, but there's no hiding from the truth, Curbishley isn't up to it. Watching him last year standing on the side lines shaking his head with his arms folded wasn't very inspiring, at least Pardew had passion even if he did'nt have the team behind him.

Fulham's best offer for Boa-Morte was 1.5 million before we stepped in and paid 5 million for him, l bet they are still laughing now!!

Dyer full of pace and promise but not too much end product, Parker when was the last time he kicked a ball, when will he again. We might as well have bought Owen then we could have a full set of crocks !!

Ljungberg was a good buy, but he's not the player he was 2 seasons ago and does he really want to play for us??

Faubert best buy since Ashton shame he got injured.

Bellamy l think will do this buisness this season, watched him at Bristol Rovers tuesday night looked a class act, tremendous work rate off the ball.

The problem is West Ham have inflated the transfer market we are like Chelsea were a few years ago, as soon as a club knows we are interested in one of their players the price goes up by 2.5 mil.

l would agree with your comments about buliding a team and the time this takes but l think we have the wrong man for the job. Last year we had a great backroom set up but Curbishley has changed all of that and brought in all his old cronnies from Charlton, we did have one of the country's top sports scientist's but not anymore...........................

Well lets see how he does before xmas ??

l think eggy is the best thing to happen to West Ham for years, are his goals unrealistic.................time will tell, but you can't knock his commitment.

As for sounding like a Spurs fan well where do l start, l went to my first game at Upton Park when l was 18 months old had a season ticket until moving to Thailand 7 years ago, and l fly back to the UK every 2-3 weeks and get as many games as l can now. Born in E15 claret and blue runs through my veins !!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

CUMMON YOU IRONZZ !!!

Forgot to say what a top move by Curbishley letting Koncheskey go to Fulham for 2.5 mil was, now he is on the fringes of the England team and we will probably pay Reading 5 mil in Jan 08 for Shorey to replace him. Curbishley should do things for the good of the team, not for himself!! :D

Delight for you....BIG disapointment for me...nevertheless credt where credit's due :o

We got stuffed.

Not a half decent close season signing....we could pay dearly for that :D

Shorey! Where was he today? You still wanna buy him???

Thanks for that mate. But to be honest we could have, and should have, scored more.

But I told you , and you must have realised, that this season was going to be a difficult one for you. Reading were only slightly better than what I've seen of Derby to be honest. I hope that you stay up, there are teams that I'd far prefer to go down. But it's early days yet, so let's hope that you turn it around a bit. But Coppell's got his work cut out and that's for sure.And where the <deleted> has your support from last year gone ?

Earlier on in this thread I questioned whether Shorey is any better than McCartney ? Well on todays showing the answer is clear. McCartney was nothing short of excellent and Shorey absent for most of the game. I don't know what went on before yesterday's deadline. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like his heart is no longer at Reading.

Yeah, I'd still take Shorey , if only to strengthen our squad. But if that was at the expense of relegating McCartney to the bench, then that'd be a travesty and I'd sooner not have him.

Congratulations to the Hammers on he win on Saturday. I was in the crowd and saw the pace of their attack rip Reading apart and drag the defence out of position time and time again. The away fans were excellent, with a constant barrage of songs and chants, no doubt partly due to the way their team were playing. Reading's fans were rather pathetic in contrast, just a few chants, no songs. At 1-0 down the crowd weren't doing anything to lift their team. Unless they get some pace in their centre halves they'll be in big trouble this season.

being honest i think west ham will do well this season and i would be happy to finish in the top half even though there is nothing wrong in being optimistic and winding the likes of millwall and spurs supporters up.good luck for the hammers this season.

Congratulations to the Hammers on he win on Saturday. I was in the crowd and saw the pace of their attack rip Reading apart and drag the defence out of position time and time again. The away fans were excellent, with a constant barrage of songs and chants, no doubt partly due to the way their team were playing. Reading's fans were rather pathetic in contrast, just a few chants, no songs. At 1-0 down the crowd weren't doing anything to lift their team. Unless they get some pace in their centre halves they'll be in big trouble this season.

I'm glad I didn't see it now :o

Surprises me what you say about the support, I have been there hundreds of time and the support never goes down ...maybe everyone was having an off day ..except of course West Ham

I'm glad I didn't see it now :o

Surprises me what you say about the support, I have been there hundreds of time and the support never goes down ...maybe everyone was having an off day ..except of course West Ham

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93879

A Reading fans view...............................

SL

Hob Nob Addict

Posted: 01 Sep 2007 20:01 Post subject:

RoyalBlue wrote:

Skin wrote:

Today Reading fans were awlful, the thing that stands out the most is our lack of support when we go 1-0 down.

We also adapt the same fukkin tunes to sing too, its crap. As long as it goes der der der der we'll sing it.

<deleted> we couldn't show any appreciation to Shorey today because WE ARE SHI T if it doesn't fit in with the 3 or 4 tunes ALL our other songs go to.

If anyone tries anything new it usually is greeted by silence or someone else claps like a tard and sings the usual 2 word songs.

Listening to the visiting fans this season and last and the variation of different songs and tunes is depressing because it makes for good support and something our family orientated club run by the regeime of prick stewards will never have.

If you have any passion at Reading you are considered trouble and thats not what football is for me. Last season as a STH at this rate.

**reply to his original post***

And the extensive WHU repetoire comprised?

I think you're getting confused, the variety from the away end is 'cos there's a different set of supporters in there each game!

**response**Off the top of my head I can remember:

Bubbles

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang version of bubbles

We all follow the West Ham

My Name is Ludo Miklosko, I come from near Moskow

Ole Ole Ole Ole, Deano

Weve got Craig Bellamy

Bellamy's a nutter, he'll hit you with a putter

We are West Hams claret & blue army

1 nil to the Cockney Boys (2 nil ad 3 nil)

Oh East London, is wonderful

Twist & Shout

Shorey, you should have signed for West Ham

Oh Matty Matty, Matty Matty Matty Matty Etherington.

Mark Noble Wooooah, he plays in claret & blue, hes West Ham thru & thru

England number 1, Englands Englands number 1

Your support is <deleted> <deleted>

Lita, your a c**t, Lita Lita your a c**t

Shall we sing a song for you?

<deleted> ground no beer

One Carlos Tevez

Chim Chimery, Chim Chim Charoo, we are those bastards in claret & blue

EDIT

Don't like the word. And asterixed as not to cause offence.

• 2 weeks later...
l fancy the irons to win 2-0 against Boro what do you think ??

West Ham 3-0 Boro, what a result after Bellamy going off injured !!

Soon lm going to have eat my words about Curbishley that l said in an earlier post, no problem if he proves me wrong.

Go on you IRONS .......... :o:D:D

A bit woeful in defence, as they were in taking the chances that we gave them. But I'll take the 3-0 anyway. :D

Green for England !!! <deleted>, does McClaren have visual impairment or what ?

I was glad to see Ashton on the scoresheet again and lets hope he has put his injury woes well and truelly behind him.

And with Heskey out ( sod's law ) , there is a chance Ashton could play his way back into the England set up , though I reckon hammer fans will want him well away from the England squad :o .

A bit woeful in defence, as they were in taking the chances that we gave them. But I'll take the 3-0 anyway. :o

Green for England !!! <deleted>, does McClaren have visual impairment or what ?

Did you notice how that bit of hair Mclaren has stranded in the middle of his head actually moved further down towards his forehead between the game with lsrael and the Russia game.

Think maybe its over his eyes now, thats why he keeps putting Robinson before Green.

Would agree with you the defence was shabby yesterday, kept getting caught with the ball over the top, when the rest of the line stepped up Neil kept playing Boro onside he seemed a little off the pace.

Would agree with you the defence was shabby yesterday, kept getting caught with the ball over the top, when the rest of the line stepped up Neil kept playing Boro onside he seemed a little off the pace.

I don't know whether Anton will be back for the Barcode game, or whether LN was just jet-lagged. But on the strength of that display, for the first time this season, I've predicted us to lose up there. I just can't see us coping with the likes of Owen and Viduka.

But on the bright side we usually do ok at Newcastle. So here's for the draw...hopefully

Cummon You Ironzz !!!

I don't know whether Anton will be back for the Barcode game, or whether LN was just jet-lagged. But on the strength of that display, for the first time this season, I've predicted us to lose up there. I just can't see us coping with the likes of Owen and Viduka.

But on the bright side we usually do ok at Newcastle. So here's for the draw...hopefully

Cummon You Ironzz !!!

On the plus side we now have half of their team playing for us so maybe a bit of inside info is to be had. :o

Still fancy we may get something up there, but you're right Owen is going to be a real problem he looks on fire at the moment.

Just watched the geordies get beat by Derby, lets hope they play like that the weekend !!

2-0 the cockney boys

Lucas Neill has to be dropped, he was to blame in all 3 goals today kept getting caught out of position and is 2 yards of the pace.

Bowyer bust a gut today, shame it was all for nothing.

Just watched the geordies get beat by Derby, lets hope they play like that the weekend !!

2-0 the cockney boys

Lucas Neill has to be dropped, he was to blame in all 3 goals today kept getting caught out of position and is 2 yards of the pace.

Not quite as tight as I thought (I had 3-2 to them in the Prediction League). We were ok in 10 - 15 minute spasms. I hope that Freddie gets match fit soon as he looked well off the pace. No doubt we missed Bellamy's pace as well.There is a problem with LN at he moment. Can't see that football genius is the answer though. :D

And why did Cubs bring on Spector ? I really don't rate the bloke. Most impressive player for us was Noble again I thought.

You'll never read a compliment for Bowyer posted from this keyboard. :o

2-0 the cockney boys

Not quite as tight as I thought (I had 3-2 to them in the Prediction League). We were ok in 10 - 15 minute spasms. I hope that Freddie gets match fit soon as he looked well off the pace. No doubt we missed Bellamy's pace as well.There is a problem with LN at he moment. Can't see that football genius is the answer though. :D

And why did Cubs bring on Spector ? I really don't rate the bloke. Most impressive player for us was Noble again I thought.

You'll never read a compliment for Bowyer posted from this keyboard. :o

l would have Gabbidon and Collins in over Upson and Neill, Neill got caught out in the last game but we were lucky enough to get away with it, the first goal today he attempts to beat 3 players to get it out of his own penalty area what a t##t, from that point onwards we are always chasing the game!!

Got to say Noble has looked the best player since the first game, not the most gifted player but makes up for it with 110% commitment.

Pleased to see Deano on the score sheet :D

Archived