West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

The Zidane bit has been verified by a reliable source

"Zidane Zidane has been persuaded my Eggert Magnusson to sign a 12-month deal (with a 1 year extension), worth £6m! He has been promised that Tevez will be at West Ham come August and that "significant" signings will be made before the start of the season."

I hope he gets an escape clause in his contract, or may be he wont need one ...could sue west ham under the trades description act instead...Premiership..Vs..championship! :o

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he gets an escape clause in his contract, or may be he wont need one ...could sue west ham under the trades description act instead...Premiership..Vs..championship! :o

He could join in the existing legal process. I'm sure he'd rather play for Sheffield Utd.

Not sure I consider WHO as a reliable source, except for bullshit.

I'm not sure that I cited WHO as being a credible source to be honest. But rather an individual not known for lying. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

However, this may or may not have more mileage.

Well that would be more biting. Except that there's no way that will happen. :D

by next week should have a better idea :D ?

No, it's well enough established already. The PL are just going through the motions with Sheffield Utd because they have to.

Oh do keep up :D

It's an arbitration tribunal to rule on Mcbabies complaints over the registration of Tevez. Not an appeal against the decision. Only West Ham can do that.

August

11 Man City (H)

15 Liverpool (A)

18 Birmingham (A)

25 Wigan (H)

September

1 Reading (A)

15 Middlesbrough (H)

22 Newcastle (A)

29 Arsenal (H)

October

6 Aston Villa (A)

20 Sunderland (H)

27 Portsmouth (A)

November

3 Bolton (H)

10 Derby (A)

24 Tottenham (H)

December

1 Chelsea (A)

8 Blackburn (A)

15 Everton (H)

22 Middlesbrough (A)

26 Reading (H)

29 Man Utd (H)

January

1 Arsenal (A)

12 Fulham (H)

19 Man City (A)

29 Liverpool (H)

February

2 Wigan (A)

9 Birmingham (H)

23 Fulham (A)

March

1 Chelsea (H)

8 Tottenham (A)

15 Blackburn (H)

22 Everton (A)

29 Sunderland (A)

April

5 Portsmouth (H)

12 Bolton (A)

19 Derby (H)

26 Newcastle (H)

May

3 Man Utd (A)

11 Aston Villa (H)

I take that Keddy and HH will not be encouraging Sheff Utds "Campaign for fairness " then?

Dead duck mate. Everyone knows it.

I reckon thatfor anyone interested, time would be better spent in examiming the financial dealings of MCcabe's JJB sports. :o

I reckon thatfor anyone interested, time would be better spent in examiming the financial dealings of MCcabe's JJB sports. :o

It was Whelan at Wigan that owned JJB..

I'm all for fairness, but a mandatory 3 points deduction for any offense isn't fair, and it's the implication of this campaign.

It was Whelan at Wigan that owned JJB..
Oh yeah, of course it is :o
I'm all for fairness, but a mandatory 3 points deduction for any offense isn't fair, and it's the implication of this campaign.

Neither is there a precedent. They don't have a leg to stand on - and that's why MCcabe is clutching at straws. But the whole self-defeating circus will drag retlentlessly on until we sue for deflamation or something.

Blimey highchol. Man invents wheel. This was news of MCcabe's increasing detachment from reality last Monday.

The man has truly lost the plot.

PS

Rather than harping on about West Ham being deducted points (which ain't gonna happen, btw) you'd have done beter to acquaint yourself with what this tribunal is actually about by also reading the comments. :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A23394332

From a Charlton Blogger, 'Frankie Valley', thought I would share this. :D

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Benty my friend - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

On a personal basis, he's let Curbs down. Curbs must be wondering what he's done to deserve such a snub. He's offered Benty a truly obscene amount of wonga to go to West Ham, but Benty is just not interested. Curbs must be wondering - what is wrong with me? Am I really THAT boring?

Benty's let all them little hamsters down too. There they were, preparing to invade every addick blog and messageboard with some none-too-subtle, none-too-witty 'look at us - we got Benty!' loadsamoney ballcocks - and they can't. They're all keeping very quiet right now, too abashed to show their faces. Playing in the Prem, for eighty thousand sovs a week, what a life! Except our Benty has told 'em all to go whistle Dixie. He doesn't want to be a Hammer Hero. He'd rather earn a pittance in Tier-Two with Charlton. Doesn't say much for the irresistible lure of West Ham does it? Arf Arf.

Benty has let down Mullins and Harewood too - they've been deprived of their dream move to the Valley, poor souls...

He's let down the Charlton directors. All our financial difficulties - solved at a stroke. Or at least they would have been, if only Benty would just agree to go to the Boelyn...

And then there's all our other strikers. Varney Iluwemo and Dickson must be banking on Benty jumping ship some time this summer, otherwise they aren't going to see an awful lot of action are they?. Come on Benty - hurry up and go will you?

And what about all his old friends at Ipswich eh? They've been rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of a nice little windfall when Benty gets sold on at a profit. Move Benty, move - we don't care where, just move, for pity's sakes!

All these people have been badly let down by Benty's inexplicable and irrational refusal to just get on with it and sign for West Ham. In fact the only person who is happy with this situation is Benty himself.

Plus all us addicks, of course. YAY!

:o

Seems like yesterday that they were mouthing off about staying up and sending us down ;-D

Don't know much about Bent, but I'll laugh if his injury problem suddenly comes back and he's stranded in the CCC.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems like yesterday that they were mouthing off about staying up and sending us down ;-D

Don't know much about Bent, but I'll laugh if his injury problem suddenly comes back and he's stranded in the CCC.

Greetings HH, hope you're doing alright and the other fellow Hammer TW25

Thought I'd better get us out of the second tier of this site and back near the top. MCFC have just reached a 1000 posts so we've got a lot of catching up to do :D . A couple of things caught my attention the Bent transfer and how much he has gone for. Really glad we didn't sign him, especially at 17 milion but how much did the cockheads pay for him and where's Defoe going. Also the reasons for the long delay in the announcement of the panel. In short why the delay? Are they seeking more documents? Do they want to interview Kia? Are they split over the decision, as Sheff U are represented on it. I'm not too bothered about it :D but they delay is not doing anyone any favours. It's going to have an effect on their pre-season and it might put off some potential signings for us. However I'm pretty confident that we won't be dragged into another hearing. :o:D

hi keddy

the decision they said was at the end of the month. So if that's true, then it should either today (Thurs) or tomorrow.

I don't think that Bent has signed for that other lot yet, he's still at Charlton I believe. But who wants someone whose publically stated (or his agent has?) that he wants to play for the Totts. Last thing we need is someone who doesn't really want to play for us.

The reason that players seem to not want to come is only very partly due to all MCcbaby fiasco I reckon. It's wanting European football next year (Bent) and quite honestly I don't think all the turmoil of last season has helped much either. We need another season to establish ourselves (top ten ?) and then come next season... Still at least it keeps the glory hunters at bay for a while.

I reckon that ater Copa America then there might be some interesting developments. Not only on the Tevez front, but given the lack of available forwards in England then we may well be looking abroad. That, I think, is the best way forward. Although we are interested in Nugent I hear. But he's not that quick and Im not sure that he'd be the best partner for a match fit Ashton ? Anyway, I think that he'll stay up norf anyway. I'd prefer Marlene to stay to be honest. As I would NRC. But that's all gone too far to be redeemed now I guess. Which is a shame because in the U21's European Cup he really began looking the class that he has the undoubted potential to achieve on a more regular basis. We should hold out for at least £8 -10 million wherever he goes.

Still whichever-whataway, should be interesting days and weeks ahead :o

According to WHO "Darren Bent signs for Tottscum for £16.5m". Some say that they deserve each other. Don't know what's going to happen with Defoe now though ?

Also this bit about Tevez turning down Inter. What they seem to have missed is the other bit that he wants to stay in the Premiership. but doesn't specify West Ham. I know that he likes London , and he says it's good for his daughter as she gets the best - learning English, etc. But I have this real fear that we may not be the London Premiership side that he eventually signs for but, God forbid - Chelski :o

hi keddy

the decision they said was at the end of the month. So if that's true, then it should either today (Thurs) or tomorrow.

I don't think that Bent has signed for that other lot yet, he's still at Charlton I believe. But who wants someone whose publically stated (or his agent has?) that he wants to play for the Totts. Last thing we need is someone who doesn't really want to play for us.

The reason that players seem to not want to come is only very partly due to all MCcbaby fiasco I reckon. It's wanting European football next year (Bent) and quite honestly I don't think all the turmoil of last season has helped much either. We need another season to establish ourselves (top ten ?) and then come next season... Still at least it keeps the glory hunters at bay for a while.

I reckon that ater Copa America then there might be some interesting developments. Not only on the Tevez front, but given the lack of available forwards in England then we may well be looking abroad. That, I think, is the best way forward. Although we are interested in Nugent I hear. But he's not that quick and Im not sure that he'd be the best partner for a match fit Ashton ? Anyway, I think that he'll stay up norf anyway. I'd prefer Marlene to stay to be honest. As I would NRC. But that's all gone too far to be redeemed now I guess. Which is a shame because in the U21's European Cup he really began looking the class that he has the undoubted potential to achieve on a more regular basis. We should hold out for at least £8 -10 million wherever he goes.

Still whichever-whataway, should be interesting days and weeks ahead :D

I think it wouldn't be such a disaster if there was a Reo-Coker Parker partnership with Mark Noble filling in for both when injured and replacing NRC when he finally pushes off but as you say the atmosphere seems to have long since turned and he's on his way out. If he had a final pass up his sleeve, more often, he would be worth as much Darren Bent but I think he might turn out to be another Danny Williamson, although not as injury prone. Talking of Bent deals I'm pleased the Totts had to pay top money for his services. One: the money will perculate down to two championship clubs and two: they'll have less money to spend on the rest of their squad, especially the defence. :D I agree with you,about Marlon. Carlton Cole should be shunted out before the Dolphin. If nothing else he's a great force to come on late as a sub. As for the Sheffield panel the longer it goes on the bleaker it looks for Sheff U although, as you know, it's been a waste of everybody's time. After this the only possible step left for MacBabey is to sue Colin W for blowing a 10 point lead. At least there could be grounds for gross negligence :o or maybe Jag for handling the ball. :D

He looks fast and sharp from the clip I've watched. No fears about another Aliadiere at the very least :o

West Ham United welcomed the opening of the transfer win by annoucing their second signing of the summer when the of French international midfielder Julien Faubert signed from Bordeaux for a fee of nine million euros (£6.2m).

The 5ft 11 23-year-old signed a five-year contract at Upton Park on Sunday morning. Born in Le Havre in 1983, Julien started his career at Cannes where he made 45 appearances for the club before moving to Bordeaux in the summer of 2004.

The midfielder earned a call-up to the French national squad following last year's World Cup finals, making his international debut against Bosnia in August where he scored a last minute winning goal in a 2-1 victory and became the first player to wear the famous number 10 shirt following the retirement of Zinedine Zidane.

Julien made 34 appearances for Bordeaux in 2006-07 and scoring five goals, including two in the Champions League, as the French side narrowly missed out on qualification to the last 16 of the competition.

It’s understood West Ham pipped pre-season opponets AS Roma and Rangers to his signature.

Mr Magnusson says: "I am delighted to welcome Julien to Upton Park and feel sure that he will become a very successful signing for the Club.

"He is one of the most highly-rated young players in European football and many clubs were attempting to sign him, so we are very pleased that he has decided to join West Ham United.

"I have been very impressed by his desire and ambition and I think he will be very popular among our supporters."

Julien is a midfielder that is likely to be used on the right wing by Alan Curbishley and his signing is likely to see Yossi Benayoun get his wish to leave the club.

2002-2004 Cannes 45 app 4 goals

2004-2007 Bordeaux 96 app 9 goals

2006 - France 1 app 1 goal

He looks fast and sharp from the clip I've watched. No fears about another Aliadiere at the very least :D

West Ham United welcomed the opening of the transfer win by annoucing their second signing of the summer when the of French international midfielder Julien Faubert signed from Bordeaux for a fee of nine million euros (£6.2m).

The 5ft 11 23-year-old signed a five-year contract at Upton Park on Sunday morning. Born in Le Havre in 1983, Julien started his career at Cannes where he made 45 appearances for the club before moving to Bordeaux in the summer of 2004.

The midfielder earned a call-up to the French national squad following last year's World Cup finals, making his international debut against Bosnia in August where he scored a last minute winning goal in a 2-1 victory and became the first player to wear the famous number 10 shirt following the retirement of Zinedine Zidane.

Julien made 34 appearances for Bordeaux in 2006-07 and scoring five goals, including two in the Champions League, as the French side narrowly missed out on qualification to the last 16 of the competition.

It's understood West Ham pipped pre-season opponets AS Roma and Rangers to his signature.

Mr Magnusson says: "I am delighted to welcome Julien to Upton Park and feel sure that he will become a very successful signing for the Club.

"He is one of the most highly-rated young players in European football and many clubs were attempting to sign him, so we are very pleased that he has decided to join West Ham United.

"I have been very impressed by his desire and ambition and I think he will be very popular among our supporters."

Julien is a midfielder that is likely to be used on the right wing by Alan Curbishley and his signing is likely to see Yossi Benayoun get his wish to leave the club.

2002-2004 Cannes 45 app 4 goals

2004-2007 Bordeaux 96 app 9 goals

2006 - France 1 app 1 goal

Thanks HH

I hope he isn't another Aliadiere pouting from the sidelines. Alan Curbishley comes across as the 'F### 'em let them rot in the reserves' school rather than 'accomodate the big ego school'. I hope he can remember some of his French from school-though if his lessons were like mine at 'Cumberland' he won't have remembered too much :o . It's good that he's still a youngster and that he is versatile. However it's going to take him time to settle, probably, so I'm not expecting the title this year. :D How do you feel about DeFoe coming back? Not that keen myself especially at the price quoted already. I would rather keep Bobby Zam and CFC/Marlon. I would like to see another body in midfield as I'm not sure old dead snake will stay fit throughout next season. The rest of the squad I'm not too worried about. I hope Carlos stays but not expecting it.

I hope he isn't another Aliadiere pouting from the sidelines. Alan Curbishley comes across as the 'F### 'em let them rot in the reserves' school rather than 'accomodate the big ego school'. I hope he can remember some of his French from school-though if his lessons were like mine at 'Cumberland' he won't have remembered too much :D . It's good that he's still a youngster and that he is versatile. However it's going to take him time to settle, probably, so I'm not expecting the title this year. :D How do you feel about DeFoe coming back? Not that keen myself especially at the price quoted already. I would rather keep Bobby Zam and CFC/Marlon. I would like to see another body in midfield as I'm not sure old dead snake will stay fit throughout next season. The rest of the squad I'm not too worried about. I hope Carlos stays but not expecting it.

Hi Ked

apparently Aston Villa have come in with that delayed offer of 8ml for NRC, but that we're holding out for 10ml. Which I reckon is about the right price. Yes, Curbs does know how to handle the big egos. The way that he got the best out of Rio-Coker and then transfer listed him, adding that he didn't want flash gits in the team was excellent.

Rumour has it that SWP is having a medical today ? If true, I'm not sure that he's going to be worth the price previously touted, around 18ml if I remember. But we do need width and maybe he'll flourish as a bigger fish in a smaller pond ?

I think that if we did go for Defoe - I don't like him much - but there again he has got ability. But I don't think that t's going to happen. Firstly we've signed Julien, Julien, Julien . Why is it that the French can't spell a simple name like Julian ? :D Secondly, He's said that he doesn't want to leave the Totts and after the grief that he got from our supporters (Little Judas) I don't think that he'd come anyway.

I really have given up thinking about this Apache merry-go-round saga. F*** me, he gets linked with everyone from Inter Milan ( he turned them down) to Real Madrid to the Arse to staying with us and everything in between.

I agree about Marlene and Zamora being able to fit in ok. Zamora I think is underrated by West Ham supporters. And Harewood could come on as sub and score a few - depending on his confidence at the time :o

It took me time to work out who you meant by C(F)C :D I don't know to be honest. The jury's out on him for me. Although he did practically sweet fa last season, he did seem to be getting better. But maybe not, na get shot of him. Although I don't think that he's even listed is he ?

Young Noble had an excellent Euro U21's, he really was very impressive. But I stil wonder if he's the finished article yet, enough to play week in, week out anyway ? But I've been wrong about him before. So here's hoping for the lad, he runs claret and blue blood.

My prediction for next season is around about 10th. I'd settle for a middling position. It'll be like a much needed convalescence after last seasons heart challenging trauma.

I hope he isn't another Aliadiere pouting from the sidelines. Alan Curbishley comes across as the 'F### 'em let them rot in the reserves' school rather than 'accomodate the big ego school'. I hope he can remember some of his French from school-though if his lessons were like mine at 'Cumberland' he won't have remembered too much :D . It's good that he's still a youngster and that he is versatile. However it's going to take him time to settle, probably, so I'm not expecting the title this year. :bah: How do you feel about DeFoe coming back? Not that keen myself especially at the price quoted already. I would rather keep Bobby Zam and CFC/Marlon. I would like to see another body in midfield as I'm not sure old dead snake will stay fit throughout next season. The rest of the squad I'm not too worried about. I hope Carlos stays but not expecting it.

Hi Ked

apparently Aston Villa have come in with that delayed offer of 8ml for NRC, but that we're holding out for 10ml. Which I reckon is about the right price. Yes, Curbs does know how to handle the big egos. The way that he got the best out of Rio-Coker and then transfer listed him, adding that he didn't want flash gits in the team was excellent.

Rumour has it that SWP is having a medical today ? If true, I'm not sure that he's going to be worth the price previously touted, around 18ml if I remember. But we do need width and maybe he'll flourish as a bigger fish in a smaller pond ?

I think that if we did go for Defoe - I don't like him much - but there again he has got ability. But I don't think that t's going to happen. Firstly we've signed Julien, Julien, Julien . Why is it that the French can't spell a simple name like Julian ? :bah: Secondly, He's said that he doesn't want to leave the Totts and after the grief that he got from our supporters (Little Judas) I don't think that he'd come anyway.

I really have given up thinking about this Apache merry-go-round saga. F*** me, he gets linked with everyone from Inter Milan ( he turned them down) to Real Madrid to the Arse to staying with us and everything in between.

I agree about Marlene and Zamora being able to fit in ok. Zamora I think is underrated by West Ham supporters. And Harewood could come on as sub and score a few - depending on his confidence at the time :o

It took me time to work out who you meant by C(F)C :D I don't know to be honest. The jury's out on him for me. Although he did practically sweet fa last season, he did seem to be getting better. But maybe not, na get shot of him. Although I don't think that he's even listed is he ?

Young Noble had an excellent Euro U21's, he really was very impressive. But I stil wonder if he's the finished article yet, enough to play week in, week out anyway ? But I've been wrong about him before. So here's hoping for the lad, he runs claret and blue blood.

My prediction for next season is around about 10th. I'd settle for a middling position. It'll be like a much needed convalescence after last seasons heart challenging trauma.

Yes I know what you mean about the effect on the old heart. Might have to track down a bottle of 'Grecian 2000' to tone down the grey which was spreading at an alarming rate during those dark days of winter. Villa will probably stump up the extra 2 million, especially as the Bent transfer has inflated the market. SWP would be welcome (not the political party though) :D as long as he doesn't break Ashton's ankle again. If he comes to the Boleyn there would be a nice balance of good tacklers/battlers and speed merchants in midfield.

As for Carlos I think he's concentrating on the Copa at the moment and he'll show his cards after(or Kia will). I hope he sees himself somethng like a Maradona at Napoli; a chance to awaken the sleeping/comatose giant 'single handedly'

Maybe CFC will be a revelation next year. He's a bit older now and there's really nowhere left for him to go in the Prem and he'll have something to prove. Though he could easily end up at Orient before too long.

As for Zam it was a great response after losing the plot during the middle of the season and Mark Noble had a stormer as well. I like Parker with him in the middle as they can both hold and go forward so it will make us more unpredictable . Anyway I'm hoping we can carry on the momentum and get higher than 10th. I'm expecting/demanding some compensation to make up for the stress of last season. :D

Personally, I don't think Cole is good enough and won't amount to much. I also think that SWP has an attitude that I don't like and can see him not being a good signing. Keeping Tevez, if only for a season, would be the ultimate coup, but I'm not expecting much.

Oddly, I'm expecting/hoping Quashie can amount to something and prove his doubters (99% of the crowd) wrong.. I actually didn't think he was that bad and has a lot of energy and go forward which we needed badly last year.

Oddly, I'm expecting/hoping Quashie can amount to something and prove his doubters (99% of the crowd) wrong.. I actually didn't think he was that bad and has a lot of energy and go forward which we needed badly last year.

Your right about his rating amongst the faithful mate. Here's the KUMB poll of top three of worste players of last season.

1. NIGEL QUASHIE (19%)

2. PAUL KONCHESKY (15%)

3. CARLTON (F) COLE (9%)

The irony is that he cost exactly the same amount as Liverpool paid for Maschereno - even more, taking into account that West Brom got an extra £225,000 because we didn't go down. Another irony that there should be that clause in his contract , seeing as he was also known as 'The Relegation'.

I really thought it a bad choice that he kept Mullins out of the side. For all his bad passing Mullins is a better player , imo. I did hear a rumour that Rangers were interested in signing Quashie at one stage. Which I wouldn't complain about, although a bit unfair on Nigel I suppose as I'm even less keen on Rangers.

But I can't keep up with whose on the transfer list and whose not. I know that Marlene, Konchesky and Hayden are, but who else ?

PS

Nearly forgot that Roy Carroll is also transfer listed.

Carroll has been released already..

There was a moment last year that suggested to me why Mullins doesn't play more.. Mullins was standing on the touchline, apparently warming up but not actually doing anything.. Neill was running with the ball towards the box, but lost his footing and slipped over, losing the ball. Mullins pointed at him and laughed (I think Cole was with him). Neill got up and glared at him with a forced smile, the way he might at opposing fans.

Saw Quashie in Canary Wharf last night, so suspect he might be back in town for training, though I don't know if he spends the summer in London normally. He doesn't have anything like the talent of Mascherano, but he's more the English style of player, whereas Masch only had the one position which the manager didn't know how to use.

Carroll has been released already..

There was a moment last year that suggested to me why Mullins doesn't play more.. Mullins was standing on the touchline, apparently warming up but not actually doing anything.. Neill was running with the ball towards the box, but lost his footing and slipped over, losing the ball. Mullins pointed at him and laughed (I think Cole was with him). Neill got up and glared at him with a forced smile, the way he might at opposing fans.

Saw Quashie in Canary Wharf last night, so suspect he might be back in town for training, though I don't know if he spends the summer in London normally. He doesn't have anything like the talent of Mascherano, but he's more the English style of player, whereas Masch only had the one position which the manager didn't know how to use.

I think Quashie has had some unfair flak and probably would have had a longer run in the side if Noble and NRC had not worked well together towards the end. He was also injured wasn't he? However while he's good at breaking up the play I don't have any confidence in him contributing as an attacking force. He's too slow and he doesn't have any real passing ability to make up for it. The worst thing, though is that he doesn't seem to fit in as a unit with the other midfielders, though this would have got better the longer he played with them. I hope he has a stormer next year and at least he didn't go down with his club this time :o but I think he'll be shipped out to Charlton or join one of the new boys next season. Mullins is a safer pair of hands, in case Parker or Noble are injured. Come On you Irons!

I think Quashie has had some unfair flak and probably would have had a longer run in the side if Noble and NRC had not worked well together towards the end. He was also injured wasn't he? However while he's good at breaking up the play I don't have any confidence in him contributing as an attacking force. He's too slow and he doesn't have any real passing ability to make up for it. The worst thing, though is that he doesn't seem to fit in as a unit with the other midfielders, though this would have got better the longer he played with them. I hope he has a stormer next year and at least he didn't go down with his club this time :o but I think he'll be shipped out to Charlton or join one of the new boys next season. Mullins is a safer pair of hands, in case Parker or Noble are injured. Come On you Irons!

Surprising McCabe didn't use Quashie as evidence that we were meant to go down instead of them..

Archived