West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Just watched the geordies get beat by Derby, lets hope they play like that the weekend !!

2-0 the cockney boys

Lucas Neill has to be dropped, he was to blame in all 3 goals today kept getting caught out of position and is 2 yards of the pace.

Bowyer bust a gut today, shame it was all for nothing.

Not quite as tight as I thought (I had 3-2 to them in the Prediction League). We were ok in 10 - 15 minute spasms. I hope that Freddie gets match fit soon as he looked well off the pace. No doubt we missed Bellamy's pace as well.There is a problem with LN at he moment. Can't see that football genius is the answer though. :D

And why did Cubs bring on Spector ? I really don't rate the bloke. Most impressive player for us was Noble again I thought.

You'll never read a compliment for Bowyer posted from this keyboard. :D

l would have Gabbidon and Collins in over Upson and Neill, Neill got caught out in the last game but we were lucky enough to get away with it, the first goal today he attempts to beat 3 players to get it out of his own penalty area what a t##t, from that point onwards we are always chasing the game!!

Got to say Noble has looked the best player since the first game, not the most gifted player but makes up for it with 110% commitment.

Pleased to see Deano on the score sheet :D

I thought that Deano begun to look real class just after the goal. But then faded - probably through lack of a partner up front.

Disgusted to read on kumb that a section of our own were booing Cole again. I can't f*ckin understand boing your own. And to be honest he didn't look as woeful as some are saying either. It was a pretty lightweight all round performance frankly Although neither did I hear these boos for Cole - probably because they were drowned out by the Barcodes booing of Bowyer. :o

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the geordies get beat by Derby, lets hope they play like that the weekend !!

2-0 the cockney boys

Lucas Neill has to be dropped, he was to blame in all 3 goals today kept getting caught out of position and is 2 yards of the pace.

Bowyer bust a gut today, shame it was all for nothing.

Not quite as tight as I thought (I had 3-2 to them in the Prediction League). We were ok in 10 - 15 minute spasms. I hope that Freddie gets match fit soon as he looked well off the pace. No doubt we missed Bellamy's pace as well.There is a problem with LN at he moment. Can't see that football genius is the answer though. :bah:

And why did Cubs bring on Spector ? I really don't rate the bloke. Most impressive player for us was Noble again I thought.

You'll never read a compliment for Bowyer posted from this keyboard. :D

l would have Gabbidon and Collins in over Upson and Neill, Neill got caught out in the last game but we were lucky enough to get away with it, the first goal today he attempts to beat 3 players to get it out of his own penalty area what a t##t, from that point onwards we are always chasing the game!!

Got to say Noble has looked the best player since the first game, not the most gifted player but makes up for it with 110% commitment.

Pleased to see Deano on the score sheet :D

I thought that Deano begun to look real class just after the goal. But then faded - probably through lack of a partner up front.

Disgusted to read on kumb that a section of our own were booing Cole again. I can't f*ckin understand boing your own. And to be honest he didn't look as woeful as some are saying either. It was a pretty lightweight all round performance frankly Although neither did I hear these boos for Cole - probably because they were drowned out by the Barcodes booing of Bowyer. :o

At the end of the day Cole does give it his best when he's out there, which is more than you can say for a few others, though in my mind he's not quite good enough.

Etherington did'nt make any runs down the channel today which is a shame, almost as though he had be told not to, did alot more defending which is good. The games we have won this season l think he's made the difference with those runs to the line.

Plymouth Wednesday night hope for a good win to set us up for the 'gooners' Saturday. Got a ticket my last game for a while going home to my wife and daughter in Pattaya, can't wait :D:D

At the end of the day Cole does give it his best when he's out there, which is more than you can say for a few others, though in my mind he's not quite good enough.

Can't disagree there.

Etherington did'nt make any runs down the channel today which is a shame, almost as though he had be told not to, did alot more defending which is good. The games we have won this season l think he's made the difference with those runs to the line.

Oh, Matty, Matty. :o

He's suprised me too this season as I'd all but written him off as Championship class. But watching him yesterday made me begin wondering all over again. Trouble is that he's so easy to mark/tumble out of a game once the opposition are on his case. Like when he was at his best during the promotion season. The play-off games against Ipswich in particular. But when he plays like that one yesterday, then they needn't bother.

Plymouth Wednesday night hope for a good win to set us up for the 'gooners' Saturday. Got a ticket my last game for a while going home to my wife and daughter in Pattaya, can't wait

Might make that one myself. Can't beat a game under floodlights, whoever it is.

Why they're not televising the Arse game on Sky is beyond me. It's always a cracker. I don't think that it's on Setana either.

Can't disagree there.

He's suprised me too this season as I'd all but written him off as Championship class. But watching him yesterday made me begin wondering all over again. Trouble is that he's so easy to mark/tumble out of a game once the opposition are on his case. Like when he was at his best during the promotion season. The play-off games against Ipswich in particular. But when he plays like that one yesterday, then they needn't bother.

Plymouth Wednesday night hope for a good win to set us up for the 'gooners' Saturday. Got a ticket my last game for a while going home to my wife and daughter in Pattaya, can't wait

Why they're not televising the Arse game on Sky is beyond me. It's always a cracker. I don't think that it's on Setana either.

l just checked its not on Setanta or Sky, might have to try and get in one of those tower blocks overlooking the ground, or go to the Orient :D

Can't disagree there.

l just checked its not on Setanta or Sky, might have to try and get in one of those tower blocks overlooking the ground, or go to the Orient :D

:D

You won't get in them blocks mate. I remember being locked out on one of those old League Cup semis, oh way, way back. Even then they were locked and shut up when we tried. Probably got securety guards nowadays.

Pissed me right off as it goes. We went week in, week out only to be locked locked out of the South Bank , and everywhere else, for a big 'un. :D

Don't think that you'll be locked out of the O's though. Probably have a whole row to yourself. :D

Had a pal from Forest Gate bought a fake press pass from Koh San road in Bangkok a few years back reckons he got into a few games with it, maybe l could try that Saturday.

lnteresting to see the club have begun formal negotiations about acquirring that land next to West Ham tube station, early stages yet have to see what happens ??

Personally l was always against a move, but you can't argue with what Arsenal have done.

Doubt we would have any problems filling a 50,000 plus stadium, not convinced it's the best move, but thats nostalgia talking not buisness, if we do want to progress l think a move is inevitable.

Had a pal from Forest Gate bought a fake press pass from Koh San road in Bangkok a few years back reckons he got into a few games with it, maybe l could try that Saturday.

lnteresting to see the club have begun formal negotiations about acquirring that land next to West Ham tube station, early stages yet have to see what happens ??

Personally l was always against a move, but you can't argue with what Arsenal have done.

Doubt we would have any problems filling a 50,000 plus stadium, not convinced it's the best move, but thats nostalgia talking not buisness, if we do want to progress l think a move is inevitable.

Yeah, I was against that Parcel Force site as well. But if they haven't got the sense to make around the Green St area a pedesrtian only zone , have park 'n; ride on match days ( at least ) and upgrade UP station, then I suppose that it's the best option.

I'm not so optimistic about filling a 50,000 to be honest - except for big games maybe. And even if we could on the back of some success, I'm not sure that I'd be happy sitting with Johnny-come-latelely glory hunters.

But it's the way of the modern world I suppose. :o

...shame about the booing for Carlton Cole .

Yeah, we've got some morons. :o

Did you go ? Glad to see young Reid got a start as sub.

Yes sat in the East stand in the middle, thought Plymouth did ok, unlucky not to score when Neill cleered off the line. Did you go ???

Good goal by Deano at the death, no doubt he will be hailed as England's saviour would rather see him back to his best for us before they rush him into the England set-up. Now Owen's gone and Heskey's injured aswell can't see who else they could use, maybe Crouch and Deano??

See Kia Joorabchian is making noises in the papers today about buying a premier league club, although he says it's some way off yet maybe in the future, funny he gave it all that pony at West Ham and never amounted to a pile of sh##

Hard day tommorrow although it will be good to see Deano and Bellamy for the first time, last few years we have always done well against the top sides, so here's hoping !!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Villa 1 - 0 Hammers

Another shocking day for Lucas Neill, could have give away 3 penalties when is Curbishley going to drop him!!!!

Shame about the injury to Deano, l think he's best staying out of the England team in the future seems it's bad luck for him.

Lucky for us the international break will give us some time to get some of the injured back, we desperately need somebody upfront, Cole and Camara ain't up to it. How far is Zamora from a comeback???

Villa 1 - 0 Hammers

Another shocking day for Lucas Neill, could have give away 3 penalties when is Curbishley going to drop him!!!!

Shame about the injury to Deano, l think he's best staying out of the England team in the future seems it's bad luck for him.

Lucky for us the international break will give us some time to get some of the injured back, we desperately need somebody upfront, Cole and Camara ain't up to it. How far is Zamora from a comeback???

Hi mate.We're having our run of usual bad luck with injuries and dodgey refs. Christ , we should have got the draw against the Arse and the free kick that Villa scored from.

Don't know about Zamora to honest. But what about Bellamy ?

Still, I cofidently (almost) predict a home win against Sunderland. :o

Thought we were unlucky against Arsenal, l think you're right we should get the win against Sunderland.

They reckon Bellamy might start for Wales on Saturday, just hope it's not to soon and his injury doesn't get worse.

We got a good run of games coming up and a real chance to pick up some points, l think 3 defeats on the bounce doesn't tell the true picture, we've done ok in all 3 games.

Really hope Curbishley has got the balls to drop Neill, he can't carry on costing us games something has to be done, Collins or Gabbidon can play at right back. Just because he came to us in a blaze of publicity doesn't mean entitlement to his starting place.

Thought we were unlucky against Arsenal, l think you're right we should get the win against Sunderland.

They reckon Bellamy might start for Wales on Saturday, just hope it's not to soon and his injury doesn't get worse.

We got a good run of games coming up and a real chance to pick up some points, l think 3 defeats on the bounce doesn't tell the true picture, we've done ok in all 3 games.

Really hope Curbishley has got the balls to drop Neill, he can't carry on costing us games something has to be done, Collins or Gabbidon can play at right back. Just because he came to us in a blaze of publicity doesn't mean entitlement to his starting place.

I make you right about Neill. Not sure about Ginge though. Any idea when Rio's back ? What happened to Paintsil , or however it's spelt ?

I make you right about Neill. Not sure about Ginge though. Any idea when Rio's back ? What happened to Paintsil , or however it's spelt ?

Anton is back now l think, Paintsill is looking for another club or is agent is according to the papers,which l think is a shame because he looked good the couple of games l saw him in, although is defending is not as good as his attacking, and when your defender well.....................??

l rate Collins l really do, along with Noble and Zamora there are 3 players who really want to play for us, Neill and Lungberg get too much money they have nothing to play for, last year he was in the champions league where is he going to be this year with us ??? l really like Freddie l hope he can do some of his magic this year for us.

Neill's got the talent no doubt, but l don't understand what has happened to him.

I've just read that Wenger wants to buy hammers keeper Rob Green in the january window :o .

We know that Lehman has got not long left at the arse and with Green getting frustrated about being over looked for an England place I reckon this rumour might have some truth behind it :D .

I've just read that Wenger wants to buy hammers keeper Rob Green in the january window :o .

We know that Lehman has got not long left at the arse and with Green getting frustrated about being over looked for an England place I reckon this rumour might have some truth behind it :D .

He seems to me to be no more than an average keeper of average hieght build etc, nothing about his stature gives the impression of an impossing presence

The silly rumour season's begun already?

There's no way that we'd let Green go. Richard Wright can go back at a push though. :D

A for his rightful England place. It's only McClaren's stubborness/idiocy that keeps him out of the England squad and not who he plays for. Everyone but McClaren knows that he should begiven the chance of being No.1

For the record. Great stopper of the ball. But a bit dodgey on crosses occasionally.

Any thougts on the rumour of Andy Johnson for 12 ml ?

Mine. There's got to be better for that money. So, no thanks.

l really hope this is not true, he's never been a prolific goal scorer and l don't see where he is going to fit in with Deano playing in a similar role.

Lets hope it's paper talk, to rate him 4.5 million above what we paid for Bellamy is nonsense, and with the greatest of respect he's not up at that level.

What do you reckon for Sunday ??

Any thougts on the rumour of Andy Johnson for 12 ml ?

Mine. There's got to be better for that money. So, no thanks.

l really hope this is not true, he's never been a prolific goal scorer and l don't see where he is going to fit in with Deano playing in a similar role.

Lets hope it's paper talk, to rate him 4.5 million above what we paid for Bellamy is nonsense, and with the greatest of respect he's not up at that level.

What do you reckon for Sunday ??

I hope not as well. Not least because I've got this thing about Arsenal lacking a big front man - and that Deano could be a possible targer for them. It's just a sneaking fear, but wouldn't be helped if we signed Johnson.

Collins is injured now isn't he? Maybe Curbs may need to think about giving a few of the youngsters a run out ? As it stands, the best that I'm hoping for is to scrape it by the odd goal. Had we had anything like a full squad then about 3-0.

l think you're right Deano could well be off, especially if we don't have a decent season and at his age who could blame him??

Was reading the sky sports forum for West Ham this morning and Curbishley was getting a right slagging for not using enough youth team players, for me the boy Reid should get his chance but time will tell.

lf you have a look on all the hammers forums there's alot of talk about getting rid of Curbishley, now as you know lm not his greatest fan, but he should be given a decent chance to prove himself and talk like this at this stage of the season is nonense.

Tell me if lm a thick tw## HH, but why is Frank Lampard getting booed everytime he steps on the pitch for England ????

l think you're right Deano could well be off, especially if we don't have a decent season and at his age who could blame him??

Couldn't blame, of course. And maybe it's an odd thing to say in this age of football merecenaries. But he never strikes me as being part of West Ham. In the sense that he never acknowledges the supporters afte scoring from what I've seen.

lf you have a look on all the hammers forums there's alot of talk about getting rid of Curbishley, now as you know lm not his greatest fan, but he should be given a decent chance to prove himself and talk like this at this stage of the season is nonense.

As you know, there's been plenty on his case before a ball was kicked in anger. I mean, how is it his fault, given his/our bad luck with injuries ? It''s not like the remnants aren't trying and that he's lost the dressing room - he's worked winning them over if anything. But in reality, it could be that a bad end to the season could see him go ? But I firmly remain a Curbs man myself.

Tell me if lm a thick tw## HH, but why is Frank Lampard getting booed everytime he steps on the pitch for England ????

I can only answer as a Hammer, mate. I seriously cannot stand the <deleted>. But given that there probably wasn't about 30,000 of ours at Wembley booing him. Then his 'popularity' must have rubbed off on others too?

I took this from westhamonline (ps Zamora's fit again, apparently)

Fat Frank started his career of at west ham with his Uncle being the manager and Father his sidekick. After a while he`s Uncle felt that he should give him a run out in the first team even though he did not do anything special in the youth team and even though there were better young centre midfielders at the club. After being given his chance to shine he failed misrebly yet was able to keep playing regular first team football .Upsetting some west ham fans.

Although he constantly looked overweight and unfit he managed to score goals from midfield although most did come via deflections. West ham fans were unsettled at this and began to wonder if he would have made it into the West Ham team had his father/uncle had not been there. When Daddy and Uncle left Fat Frank took it upon himself to make sure he left asap.

After going to another London club he bagan slagging off West Ham fans and saying how he had made the right move to stamford bridge and how much he loved Chelsea F.C. Upsetting all West Ham fans.

Whilst being around world class players Fat Frank was able to pick scraps up from midfield and score goals although alot of them were via deflections. After a few good seasons by his standard then a very bad one he decided that he wants more money for his sevices? even though he was one of the highest payed players in the Premier League he thought he needed more. when he was told he would not get a pay rise he got his agent to make it aware that he was unhappy and to start touting him all over europe. upsetting some Chelsea fans!

Fat frank was constantly put in the England team even though he had never really performed well internationally. He was regulary paired with a similar midfielder who was a much better player than Fat Frank in which case began to slow England's progress with his constant sidewards backwards safe passing. England fans seeing this began to question Fat Franks ability and as if by magic when he got injured and gerrard played with a very good DEFENSIVE midfielder England started winning and looking like a more balanced team. Therefore, when Fat Frank came on he upset some England fans.

Good news Zamora coming back, someone who really wants to play for us!! :o

lt's funny what you were saying about Deano because l've always thought West Ham were never part of his long term plans just hope l get proved wrong.

Last night l was out in Soi 8 Pattaya was speaking to a couple of fellas from Barking, lifelong hammers fans both of them ( unlike Chelsea this is the only type of supporter we have ), they were both in agreement that the club is going to the next level and we will be regular top 6 finishers from now on.

Optimism is part and parcel of being a hammers fan for sure, but top 6 ??

l would love to think that this would happen, but the reality is a mid table finish this year and try and build on that for next season.

We need to attract some top names to the club and l know the manager and the board moved mountains this year to try and make that a reality, so what is the answer ??

At the beginning of the season l was all for getting rid of Curbishley as you know, but l think he's done a decent job to steady the ship, but is he the limiting factor in attracting top names to the club ??

Personally l think getting rid of him would be bad move for the club, we need stability this year especially in the dressing room, and the man should be given a decent run to prove himself.

So how do we move forward ?? l think the answer has to be the new stadium, as much as l'm against it l and l know you're not to keen HH what else is there ?????

Have to say to Paul and Billy from Barking love to think we could finish in the top 6 boys, but l think the whole hoilday thing has gone to your heads a bit !!! Really hope lm wrong.

Bellamy is back for Sunday and we all know what a difference he makes 2 - 0 the irons. :D:D

Optimism is part and parcel of being a hammers fan for sure...

Masochism more like. :o

We need to attract some top names to the club and l know the manager and the board moved mountains this year to try and make that a reality, so what is the answer ??

At the beginning of the season l was all for getting rid of Curbishley as you know, but l think he's done a decent job to steady the ship, but is he the limiting factor in attracting top names to the club ??

Personally l think getting rid of him would be bad move for the club, we need stability this year especially in the dressing room, and the man should be given a decent run to prove himself.

So how do we move forward ?? l think the answer has to be the new stadium, as much as l'm against it l and l know you're not to keen HH what else is there ?????

I'm not against the new stadium mate. Was once, but now can't see that it'd make much difference. I was what I call a 'traditionaist'. Keep it where we've always been and the atmosphere of the ground. Pie and mash and Bubbles. But so much has changed since, and the ground ain't what it used to be. I remember, and probably you to, when the Boleyn Ground was an intimidating place for opposition players to come. Now it's more like the old Liibrary that was Arsenal's ground unless we're winning. Which isn't that often.

And then there's all the practicalities that I think that I've mentioned before. This is going to seem well strange to you probably. But I'd have been happier as a Championship club, but with our traditions still in tact. Sure I'll enjoy the success if and when it comes, but West Ham meant more than that.

So new ground for new times. Sadly.

Have to say to Paul and Billy from Barking love to think we could finish in the top 6 boys, but l think the whole hoilday thing has gone to your heads a bit !!! Really hope lm wrong.

Top six is dreaming isn't it ? The way it stands at the moment, we'll be doing well to make into the top half of the table. Still when the injuries are more or less clear...?

Bellamy is back for Sunday and we all know what a difference he makes 2 - 0 the irons. :D:D

Let's hope that he doesn't get injured again playing for Wales . If he's ok, I can see him and Cole starting the game and the Barking boy coming on sub ?

HH have look at the club website today, there's a new piece entitled ' Captains Log' ln which our illustrious Lucas Neill writes on the weeks events at the club. He talks about our recent run of bad results and then he says quote " there's no excuse for anybody not performing on the pitch ".

l know swearing is not allowed on this site so l better leave this one, although in his defence he did admit he had a part in some of the goals we let it, fuc###g all of them if you ask me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See Freddie got injured for Sweden in mid-week, when is the bad luck going to stop ?????

Thought Mclaren might have put Reo-coker in the side instead of Barry, don't like the fellas attitude but it's hard to fault his performances on the pitch.

HH have look at the club website today, there's a new piece entitled ' Captains Log' ln which our illustrious Lucas Neill writes on the weeks events at the club. He talks about our recent run of bad results and then he says quote " there's no excuse for anybody not performing on the pitch ".

Oh the irony. :D

Thought Mclaren might have put Reo-coker in the side instead of Barry, don't like the fellas attitude but it's hard to fault his performances on the pitch.

Got to agree , he performs well at U21 level. But to be fair, Barry had been the best England player up until the Russia game and the option wouldn't have been NRC but fat you-know-who.

It's interesting that Villa fans recognise that he's a gobby git, but reckon that's what the team needs. :o

Not too impressed really. But bringing on Solano for off form Noble and Boa Morte for the injured Ethers was enough to scrape it at 2-1, until Bellamy's goal to seal it at 3-1 against a poor side who even looked capable of even winning it during the 2nd half. But we needed the win, so job done.

Not sure why Zamora wasn't even on the bench - probably still injured ?

Archived