West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Hammers 1- 1 Bolton

Thought a draw was a fair result today, and l think it would have been a bit harsh on Bolton to go home with nothing.

Lucas Neill was outstanding today, a real captains display.

Really Curbishley did all he could do with a team devasted by injuries, and l think it would be unfair to expect anymore than we saw today.

Nice to see Carlton Cole get the praise he deserves.

I'm not sure about the draw, tbh. When we clicked we looked more than capable of scoring the three that I had predicted. :o

Seemed to go tits-up when Paintsil was brought on. Curbs making a defensive substitution when one wasn't necessary ? Bowyer may be next to useless, but I saw no reason to take him off at that stage.

I thought the McCartney and Matty both had very good games.

Still as we're effectively siding a reserve team, then a draw even against Bolt-on can be all bad.

l did'nt want to get into any negatives today, but l think you're right about Paintsil. Spector in the middle just did'nt work they should have given Reid a run out and moved Boa-Morte.

By the way what has happened to Paintsil he looks like he got shrunk in the wash, never remembered him being that small, maybe because it's been that long since he played.

Never thought we would be able to replace Koncheskey at left back, l think McCartney has done brilliantly.

Anyway still thought it was a good performance under difficult circumctances, even if the tactics were little bit suspect. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Stand Up If You Hate Tott'nam" :D

A 2-2 draw ?

Greetings HH! That's also how Lawro the Tash sees it but I'm hoping a combination of form and some of the players will be back from injury while the Totts have had a few players away on international duty and won't be ready, so another 5-0 against relegation candidates :o Come On You Irons!

A 2-2 draw ?

Greetings HH! That's also how Lawro the Tash sees it but I'm hoping a combination of form and some of the players will be back from injury while the Totts have had a few players away on international duty and won't be ready, so another 5-0 against relegation candidates :D Come On You Irons!

Sawatdeeee keddy

you back in the UK then ? I felt sure that you'd gone and taken the vow up at Wat Umong to meditate on the impermanace of it all.. :o

Speaking of which , I thought that the Totts were definate for a place in the top four this season, not relegation fodder. :D

"Stand Up If You Hate Tott'nam" :bah:

A 2-2 draw ?

Greetings HH! That's also how Lawro the Tash sees it but I'm hoping a combination of form and some of the players will be back from injury while the Totts have had a few players away on international duty and won't be ready, so another 5-0 against relegation candidates :D Come On You Irons!

Sawatdeeee keddy

you back in the UK then ? I felt sure that you'd gone and taken the vow up at Wat Umong to meditate on the impermanace of it all.. :o

Speaking of which , I thought that the Totts were definate for a place in the top four this season, not relegation fodder. :o

AgAg Haven't been to Wat Umog but I've felt a bit of a Mong for mislaying the password, the memory banks are not what they once were, so yes, in that way, I have been contemplating impermanance. :D As for the Totts I think they felt too comfortable, too certain about that elusive fourth place for this season and weren't prepared to put the effort into it, in short, they arrived without arriving. :D I think Berbatov also came down with Reo-Coker syndrome, a common place malady when a player thinks he should be somewhere place and his mind drifts to unfullfilled fantasies, especially in front of open goals. :D . In Buddhism this is called samsara though Berbatov really should be somewhere else. :bah: It's Loy Katong here in Thailand and I'm going to let off a Flying Lantern on Sunday with a pair of crossed Hammers with an offering of lasagne to G Paddon, B Moore, V Watson and the other West Ham gods. Come on you IRONS ;)

Rob Green :D

De-Foe :D:D

De-foe De-flected, then De-jected but De-finitely not a penalty

It would have been daylight robbery if that had gone in. Come on You Irons. :D

The game was fun but we deserved more than a point , methinks we will be passing you on the way up to the top 6 now.

Honest..... :o

Rob Green :bah:

The game was fun but we deserved more than a point , methinks we will be passing you on the way up to the top 6 now.

Yes Tottenham had some nice moves and had an even share or slightly more of the possession but Robert Green had a quiet game. Apart from the so called 'obvious penalty' when Keane dived during the move that should have been flagged for offside anyway , the goal itself and the penalty -. our defence coped quite comfortably with your forwards; you only scored from a set piece from Dawson, a defender. However I can see you improving and beating sides around you. West Ham created a few good chances but your keeper kept you in it, for a change. :D Overall a point was alright but we had the better chances in open play and could have won it. As for the top 6 for Spurs, it'll be top 6 for artistic impression but as for hard earned points you'll be lucky to get into the top 10. Chock Dee!

Yes Tottenham had some nice moves and had an even share or slightly more of the possession but Robert Green had a quiet game. Apart from the so called 'obvious penalty' when Keane dived during the move that should have been flagged for offside anyway , the goal itself and the penalty -. our defence coped quite comfortably with your forwards; you only scored from a set piece from Dawson, a defender. However I can see you improving and beating sides around you. West Ham created a few good chances but your keeper kept you in it, for a change. :D Overall a point was alright but we had the better chances in open play and could have won it. As for the top 6 for Spurs, it'll be top 6 for artistic impression but as for hard earned points you'll be lucky to get into the top 10. Chock Dee!

Let me see.

Goal atempts

West Ham 15

Tottenham 9

On Target:

West Ham 10

Tottenham 5

Seems like West Ham spent most of the time defending Totts awesome attacking lineup by those stats. :bah:

But we did look very capable when we did defend. As I've been saying all season , if we ever buy Shorey and relegate McCartney to second choice, then that'd be a travesty. I rate McCartney a lot higher this season.

The bringinning-on of Ashton and Parker convinced me that (as if anyone didn't already know) when we get Bellamy, Dwyer and Faubert back in the starting line-up as well, then we are going to look even more impressive than we've been, with what's effectively been half a team of reserves. Good to see that we've now got some depth in the squad tho'. Got to say the Boa Morte (Good Death) may have to live up to the literal translation of his name as far as first team selection is concerned.

But to be fair, the Totts do have to get Ledley King back and...well, Ledley King. So that should make a lot of difference.

I can just imagine the whooshing sound now when you jet past us, Chon. :o

Rob Green ;)

Considering it's our C team you played a point ain't bad, top 6 :D:bah::bah::o

HH what did you think of Boa Morte yesterday, for me he had a great game and Lucas Neill bar the penalty was outstanding.

Thought Keane went down only after he saw the ball go wide, it was like a delayed reaction.

What a C##T Defoe must feel tody, says in the papers Man Utd are after him, maybe to clean Tevez's boots. Hightlight of the season watching that arrogant little tw#t miss yesterday.

Let me see.

Goal atempts

West Ham 15

Tottenham 9

On Target:

West Ham 10

Tottenham 5

Seems like West Ham spent most of the time defending Totts awesome attacking lineup by those stats. :bah:

But we did look very capable when we did defend. As I've been saying all season , if we ever buy Shorey and relegate McCartney to second choice, then that'd be a travesty. I rate McCartney a lot higher this season.

The bringinning-on of Ashton and Parker convinced me that (as if anyone didn't already know) when we get Bellamy, Dwyer and Faubert back in the starting line-up as well, then we are going to look even more impressive than we've been, with what's effectively been half a team of reserves. Good to see that we've now got some depth in the squad tho'. Got to say the Boa Morte (Good Death) may have to live up to the literal translation of his name as far as first team selection is concerned.

But to be fair, the Totts do have to get Ledley King back and...well, Ledley King. So that should make a lot of difference.

I can just imagine the whooshing sound now when you jet past us, Chon. :o

l second that. Brilliant defending yesterday and Mcartney is hammer of the year already.

A 2-2 draw ?

3-0 the lrons, Ashton to score 2 :o:D

Blimey that's accurate ! I'm glad you're not in the Prediction compo Mark !

:D

To be fair mate Curbishley messed my prediction up my bringing on Ashton in the 72nd minute, although considering the amount of pies Deano's obviously been eating l can see why !!

A 2-2 draw ?

3-0 the lrons, Ashton to score 2 :o:D

Blimey that's accurate ! I'm glad you're not in the Prediction compo Mark !

To be fair mate Curbishley messed my prediction up my bringing on Ashton in the 72nd minute, although considering the amount of pies Deano's obviously been eating l can see why !!

H what did you think of Boa Morte yesterday, for me he had a great game and Lucas Neill bar the penalty was outstanding.

There you go, mark. We watched the same game, but I was less enamoured by LBM. Still Carlton (who needs Tevez) Cole was MOtM by my reckoning.

What a C##T Defoe must feel tody, says in the papers Man Utd are after him, maybe to clean Tevez's boots. Hightlight of the season watching that arrogant little tw#t miss yesterday./

It's odd to think that our most despised have the least endearing personalities. De-Foe, Lumpolard and even the, now just about forgiven, Ince was a gobshite wherever he went.

Got to say that the penalty save was almost as good as winning. Reminded me of Lumpo's miss a Stamford Bridge a few years ago. Oh , those naughty Hammers unnerving him :o

Chelsea 1-0 West Ham :o

Joe Cole's late winner settled a scrappy encounter against former club West Ham and kept Chelsea in touch with the Premier League pace-setters.

Cole raced on to Didier Drogba's header after 76 minutes and rounded West Ham keeper Robert Green to score as the visitors appealed in vain for offside.

It was the decisive moment in an ill-tempered game littered with stoppages at Stamford Bridge.

Nolberto Solano came close for West Ham, but Chelsea claimed the points.

The first half was an utterly wretched affair, characterised by petty fouls, heavy challenges and some obvious score-settling on the part of players from both sides.

What the game did not have - until the goal - was genuine quality, apart from one curling effort from Drogba that drifted just wide and a Solano lob that landed on top of the Chelsea net.

The ill-feeling started when Luis Boa Morte aimed a needless kick at Chelsea keeper Carlo Cudicini - with England captain John Terry almost inevitably getting involved in the ensuing fracas.

Mikel Jon Obi was then booked for a wild tackle on Scott Parker, and he was swiftly joined by Salomon Kalou after he lunged at Boa Morte on the touchline.

West Ham's Parker was lucky not be cautioned by referee Howard Webb for a couple of late challenges, while Boa Morte's persistent offending was finally punished seconds before the break for a foul on Mikel.

The second half had to be better, and Chelsea almost made the perfect start when Wayne Bridge played in Steve Sidwell, but his goal-bound drive was blocked by Matthew Upson.

West Ham were having success in keeping Chelsea at arm's length, and carved out a chance of their own on the hour, but Boa Morte's shot was partially blocked by Terry and Cudicini saved comfortably.

As the game opened up, West Ham keeper Robert Green did well to claw away Cole's cross with Drogba waiting to pounce.

And it was Cole who finally broke the deadlock with 14 minutes left, although West Ham were left complaining bitterly as Chelsea celebrated.

West Ham felt Cole was offside as he raced on to Drogba's header, but the flag stayed down as he showed great composure to round Green and finish into the top corner.

Chelsea: Cudicini, Belletti, Alex, Terry, Bridge, Sidwell (Wright-Phillips 66), Obi, Lampard, Kalou, Drogba, Joe Cole (Makelele 89).

Subs Not Used: Hilario, Shevchenko, Ben-Haim.

Booked: Obi, Kalou, Belletti, Lampard, Terry.

Goals: Joe Cole 76.

West Ham: Green, Neill, Gabbidon, Upson, McCartney, Solano (Ljungberg 74), Parker (Spector 79), Mullins, Etherington (Ashton 79), Boa Morte, Cole.

Subs Not Used: Wright, Collins.

Booked: Etherington, Solano, Boa Morte.

Att: 41,830

Ref: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire).

My dear Seabrok. I suppose that you posted a match report must indicate that you never actually watched the match, in which we humiliated Chelski for around eighty per cent of the entire game. And that was without our three key strikers. Grateful for small mercies and a suspiciously off-side goal from one of our home grown ex-players. :o

Afterword

Anyone who didn't know any different, could be forgiven if they thought that the match was being played at the Boleyn Ground if the noise level of our supporters - and the lack of any by the Chelsington crowd - were any gauge to go by. :D

My dear Seabrok. I suppose that you posted a match report must indicate that you never actually watched the match, in which we humiliated Chelski for around eighty per cent of the entire game. And that was without our three key strikers. Grateful for small mercies and a suspiciously off-side goal from one of our home grown ex-players. :o

Afterword

Anyone who didn't know any different, could be forgiven if they thought that the match was being played at the Boleyn Ground if the noise level of our supporters - and the lack of any by the Chelsington crowd - were any gauge to go by. :D

Yes, We were comfortable against them for most of the game but we just lacked a bit of creativity at times. Gabbidon was a mountain, Mullins, Boa-Morte, C. Cole more than matched their spoilt primma-donnas. I though Luca Neil was caught out of position a couple of times and Etherington went into his shell a bit but a good effort from the lads. As for the support I think Vinny from Westhamonline sums it up and it made laugh on a chilly Chiang Mai morning

'The West Ham fans were in full voice, mocking Chelsea at every attempt with little reply from a set of supporters made up of tourists, kids, and cun_ts'. :D:D:D

The West Ham fans were in full voice, mocking Chelsea at every attempt with little reply from a set of supporters made up of tourists, kids, and cun_ts'.

:D :D

I thought that we could have and should have made them pay. But too much dithering around and one touch too many in and around their penalty area- Etherington in particular was guilty here - and an off form Solano conspired to let them off the hook by which we had them dangling for most of the game. Which emphasises the point about missing the quality of Bellamy and Dyer. Freddie looked less than match fit and out of the game really when he did eventually come on. I also thought that Curbs should have brought on Deano far earlier and couldn't really understand taking Parker off.

Still, my mate wasn't unhappy about our performance - which I could understand - but I was a bit pis$$ed off knowing that we could have beaten them...with relative ease. :o

I thought the hammers deserved at least a point from watching the game. If Bell-end-amy was on the pitch you probably would have got something from the match. I was also suprised at how late curbs left it to bring on Ashton :o .

Chelski are creeping up the table and maybe the special one leaving was a blessing in disguise :D .

Afterword

HH, very unlucky and probably worse that Cole was probably offside.

As for the Chelski fans, well not much to say about them really is there. :D

Afterword

The name is actually Seapok! I did watch the game Harry Hummer, you did play better than us in the 1st half and then we dominated in the 2nd so I would say that was 50% not 80!! who are your 3 keys strikers? what is their combined goal tally thus far? 3, 4 or maybe 5 goals!! haha

Your pikey fans were singing more than us cos your lot always make that extra effort when you play the Top teams, just like a cup final for you minnows.

The name is actually Seapok!

Genuine mistake. Apologies.

I did watch the game Harry Hummer, you did play better than us in the 1st half and then we dominated in the 2nd so I would say that was 50% not 80!! who are your 3 keys strikers? what is their combined goal tally thus far? 3, 4 or maybe 5 goals!! haha

Strikers in both the loose sense of being able to score a few and in the literal, positional sense. Bellamy, Zamora and Dyer. Four with Ashton (who didn't come on until about 10 minutes before the end).

But you were obvioulsy watching a different game to the rest of us. Is that why you post a c&p rather than your own comments? :o

Your pikey fans were singing more than us cos your lot always make that extra effort when you play the Top teams, just like a cup final for you minnows.

Oooooooo :D

No, son. We just have real supporters. We are reknowned for having one of the best followings and support wherever we go , and whoever we're playing. Doesn't seem to be quite the same case with Chelsington does it ? :D

Archived