West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

I found this piece very interesting :

Harry Redknapp has warned West Ham not to expect their latest batch of youngsters to eclipse the achievements of his own 'golden generation' at Upton Park.The east Londoners have reinvigorated their reputation for developing native talent by introducing James Tomkins, Freddie Sears, Jack Collison and Junior Stanislas to their first-team squad this season, but Redknapp insists they could never match the quality of the academy graduates developed during his seven-year tenure.

Redknapp oversaw the blooding of Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Jermain Defoe and Glen Johnson before leaving in 2001.

He had little to do with the formation of those players. It was Tony Carr who was responsible, just as he was for the present generation.

Sears won't come to much, but the other 3 are quality. There are more coming through too.

Oh well Mr Singh, you fought a good game but crumbled in the last 30 mins :)

Chelsea 4 - 1 West Ham

Chelsea went back to the top of the Premier League after a consummate second-half performance saw them beat West Ham 4-1.

The Blues took the lead after just 16 minutes at Stamford Bridge when Brazilian defender Alex nodded a Florent Malouda cross past Robert Green.

But the home side were pegged back when old boy Scott Parker scored a superb equaliser, his half-volley whistling into the back of the net from 25 yards out.

Chelsea upped the tempo after the break though, and re-took the lead when Didier Drogba headed home at the far post, Malouda again the provider from the left.

The French winger had an excellent game, which he capped with a goal on 77 minutes, slotting home from the edge of the box with the West Ham defenders backing away, and Drogba put the gloss on the result in the dying minutes as he poked home a Frank Lampard shot that was parried by Green.

Chelsea goalkeeper Ross Turnbull made his league debut for the club and looked confident enough ahead of Tuesday night's UEFA Champions League last-16 return leg against Inter Milan.

The keeper, third choice all season, will be asked to play against Inter, who lead 2-1 from the first leg, due to injuries to Petr Cech and Hilario.

Chelsea were given a sterner test than they would have wanted by a West Ham side that went in 1-1 at the interval.

Ancelotti's side had the better of the early exchanges but West Ham should have been ahead in the 13th minute.

Mido's low cross from the byline found Araujo Ilan unmarked just eight yards out but the West Ham striker blazed his effort over the crossbar.

The miss proved costly for West Ham as Chelsea went ahead two minutes later through Brazilian defender Alex.

The Hammers failed to clear a corner from Malouda and when the ball was returned to the France winger, his cross was headed home by the unmarked Alex.

It was the defender's first goal of the season but it could have been worse for the Hammers seconds later.

Another cross from Malouda caused panic in the West Ham defence and a deflection off Matthew Upson looked to be heading for his own net until goalkeeper Green just managed to palm it away to safety.

In the 27th minute, Chelsea carved West Ham open again and Frank Lampard's curling cross found Drogba at the far post only for the Ivorian to miss the target.

But West Ham were level in the 29th minute when former Chelsea midfielder. Parker sent a 25-yard volley over Turnbull and into the top corner.

Turnbull could do nothing about Parker's effort but once again Chelsea were guilty of failing to defend a throw-in.

The goal stunned Chelsea and their response was predictable and rapid. In the 35th minute, Green had to dive at full-stretch to keep out a 20-yard low drive from Lampard.

Two minutes later, Nicolas Anelka tried his luck from 20 yards but the ball was comfortably collected by Green.

Malouda was a constant threat to West Ham and five minutes before the break he sent over another dangerous cross but Paulo Ferreira could only direct his header into the arms of Green.

Chelsea almost restored their advantage when a 53rd minute cross from Malouda just eluded Michael Ballack at the far post.

But the home side were ahead again in the 55th minute and the driving force was captain John Terry.

The Chelsea defender surged forward to the edge of West Ham penalty area and allowed Drogba to lay the ball off to Malouda on the left wing.

The France winger delivered another pinpoint cross into the six-yard box and this time Drogba headed home from point-blank range for his 26th goal of the season, his 20th in the league.

The Chelsea fans began chanting, "There's only one England captain" as England coach Fabio Capello watched on from the West stand.

Moments later Chelsea were denied a third by a great save from Green who dived to his right to tip away a header from Alex. In the 65th minute, Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole was given a chance to shine before Capello when he replaced Anelka.

It was followed moments later by a double substitution for the Hammers, Junior Stanislas replaced Kieron Dyer and Mido made way for Carlton Cole.

Malouda made it 3-1 to Chelsea in the 76th minute with a 20-yard shot into the bottom corner. It was a fitting reward for the France winger who had set up both of Chelsea's earlier goals.

Chelsea were then denied a fourth in the 85th minute when Lampard's glancing shot hit the far post. Drogba completed the scoring in the 89th minute with his 27th goal of the season, finishing off from close range after Green had palmed a Lampard shot into his path.

Do one seapok, we're sh*t & we know we are..:)

You lot think you're the nuts, are full of undesirables who i'd be embraessed of they wore my Club's Shirt & John Terry is your Captain which sums up your Club currently from top to bottom, enough said..

Oh & thank you Internazionale & Mr Mourinho !! :D

PS : I still hope you win the League though cos it will stick a nice bit of $$ in my pocket.

Do one seapok, we're sh*t & we know we are..:)

You lot think you're the nuts, are full of undesirables who i'd be embraessed of they wore my Club's Shirt & John Terry is your Captain which sums up your Club currently from top to bottom, enough said..

PS : I still hope you win the League though cos it will stick a nice bit of $$ in my pocket.

Apart from the winning the league bit, I echo that sentiment.

Have hated Chelsea since I saw them in my first game at Upton Park in 1975.

Do one seapok, we're sh*t & we know we are.. :)

Alwyas thought of them as insignificant yet irritating, with a handful of gobby lower middle class cockney fans who thought they were villains and hooligans and after seeing those pricks in that bar in Pattaya where they all used to drink this confirmed it for me ... mouthy idiots and skint gangsters.

I used to count the fans they used to take away, and it was usually about 60-70 ... they were getting gates of 10,000 in the Kerry Dixon era whilst in the top flight.

Alwyas thought of them as insignificant yet irritating, with a handful of gobby lower middle class cockney fans who thought they were villains and hooligans and after seeing those pricks in that bar in Pattaya where they all used to drink this confirmed it for me ... mouthy idiots and skint gangsters.

I used to count the fans they used to take away, and it was usually about 60-70 ... they were getting gates of 10,000 in the Kerry Dixon era whilst in the top flight.

Chels used to be alright, the old School Chelsea Biys were top banana & are presently embraessed with the way their Club has gone ove the past few Years..

Of course they wanted success, of that there's no doubt but the way it's come about seems to have left a sour taste for them, all of them i know seem to say the same thing too which can't be a coincidence..

I despise them now, as a Club, for what they stand for doubled by the wya they tend to stand beside & allow their Team Captain to get away with virtually anything he seems to do even when completely morally wrong but that's up to them & their perogative..

Chelsea has died as a Football Club & is now a Corporate Brand & NOTHING else..

We are sh*t admittedly with nowhere near the Trophies/Success that they've had over the past decade but at leats we are still a Football Club, just, & i know what one i'd rather be..

I think nearly all of us hate Chelsea to be fair and the double standards they have shown towards Terry says it all.

Seeing Terry walk off the pitch at the end of the Inter game with a face like a slapped arse was a pleasure to watch.

I also know a number of old school Chelsea and yes, they really don't like the way the club has gone.

I think nearly all of us hate Chelsea to be fair and the double standards they have shown towards Terry says it all.

Seeing Terry walk off the pitch at the end of the Inter game with a face like a slapped arse was a pleasure to watch.

I also know a number of old school Chelsea and yes, they really don't like the way the club has gone.

Yes bring back the good old days when they were guaranteed at least two scraps with Millwall a season.

Yes bring back the good old days when they were guaranteed at least two scraps with Millwall a season.

You could still have 14 a Season minimum if you use the London Underground correctly.. :)

tw25rw sorry, that was a very Whoreish statement by me there & i should have known better that to say it or even think it..

Guess it's the 6 Years here catching up with me.. :D

Edited by MSingh

Word from the hood is that Ludo has reisgned/been sacked..

I know that he has had a very bad back this Year & hasn't been working a great deal so it's a shame as i love the old Boy..

However, the INTERESTING part is his proposed replacement, someone right out of my manor, Plaistow/Canning Town, West Ham Boy & joined at the hip with a certain Ex Manchester City Manager which makes it all very nervy for a certain Italian Chimpanzee me thinks..

Kevin Hitchcock !!

Too much of a coincidence surely ??

Cough Cough..

Kevin Hitchcock has been confirmed as West Ham United's new temporary goalkeeping coach.

The former Chelsea goalkeeper, who played alongside current Irons boss Gianfranco Zola at Stamford Bridge has been appointed in the wake of the news that Ludo Miklosko has left the club.

Hitchcock - who was part of the Hammers entourage that visited Chelsea last weekend for the 4-1 defeat to the title-chasers - is a long-term Hammers fan, having been born in Canning Town.

Despite his affiliation with United, this is the first time he has worked for the club. His playing career, which began at Barking FC, included spells with Mansfield Town, Chelsea and Northampton. Hitchcock will stay with the Hammers until the end of the current campaign.

* West Ham United this afternoon confirmed Miklosko's exit; a brief statement added that "with respect to all parties involved, the club will be making no further comment until the terms of his departure are confirmed."

I went to junior school in Pimlico when I arrived from Australia in 1976.. The kids there were as rough as any East End kids and mostly Chelsea fans who had hooligan brothers with DIY tattoos etc.. I was already a West Ham fan courtesy of an Essex raised Dad.

Once had a kid get me in an arm lock and try and force my head into a urinal because I wouldn't admit they were a better team than us (they were in div 2 so they weren't..)

The area looks different now. Mostly gentrified except for the housing estate which is all immigrants.

The <deleted> was a cracking bar in it's heyday, although admittedly there were a few idiots and skint people and possibly even gangsters.

^^^

Only went there once with someone i knew who thought he was a bit of a villain and was vocal about it, and he was in good company, maybe its just me not liking that breed of people, but Chelsea couldnt have been that tough in the day as there just wasnt enough of them from what i saw.

Hi Guys,

I love Zola, I love Arsenal.

I will enjoy Arsenal winning on Saturday but sad for Zola. For him I really wish West Ham out of the relegation zone.

Good for you, i despise Zola & i despise Arsenal & think it's fitting that the first 4 letters of their make make up the word that it does.

Oh & West Ham are out of the relegation zone & have been for the majority of the Season thanks.

Next.

PS : Good morning everyone, i am in an absolute stinker today... :)

Hi Guys,

I will enjoy Arsenal winning on Saturday but sad for Zola. For him I really wish West Ham out of the relegation zone.

thanks, although it does come as a shock to me that arse supporters can be as patronising, very unusual,

by the way, DO 1, coyi, :)

Hi Guys,

thanks, although it does come as a shock to me that arse supporters can be as patronising, very unusual,

by the way, DO 1, coyi, :)

You like that don't you ?? :D

You'll be telling me to do one after i've moaned at you for 3 hours tonight about our Defence.. :D

Anyway's, interesting reading, Hitchcok now confrimed on the Official Site & he had to get permission off of..................

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20100318/hit...2236884_1998342

Anyway's, interesting reading, Hitchcok now confrimed on the Official Site & he had to get permission off of..................

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20100318/hit...2236884_1998342

I said to Franco " i'd love to work with you and help you out but i need to ask Mark's permission''.

Crikey, Mark Hughes doesn't look old enough to be his dad :) .

Edited by alfieconn

You like that don't you ?? :)

You'll be telling me to do one after i've moaned at you for 3 hours tonight about our Defence.. :D

I bet you two are a barrel of laughs on a Saturday night watching the scammers :D , iv'e heard the locals call you Doom and Gloom, perhaps your local could put a webcam in and give us all a laugh, is it the Happy Bar you get in ?

I bet you two are a barrel of laughs on a Saturday night watching the scammers :D , iv'e heard the locals call you Doom and Gloom, perhaps your local could put a webcam in and give us all a laugh, is it the Happy Bar you get in ?

You'd be surprised, we're the Statler & Waldorf type at the Bar that wait for a bit of Prey, such as a Fella who introduces himself as a Man U Fan then says he's from Devon ( not digging you out at all riijt :) ), get friendly with him then proceed to take turns to burn his Shirt with our Salmon's throughout the night, blame the burning smell on the Waitress's not getting rid of the Ash Tray's quick enough then High 5 each other when he leaves, that sort of thing.... :D

Imola is obviously much older than me & the one on the left... :D

s_w.bmp

post-55211-1269063719_thumb.jpg

strangely enough there never seems to be any of your lot come in , perhaps its something to do with the fact its generally a load of lads , buying ROUNDS of drinks for each other,

there was one that came in at half time when spurs were 2 -0 up at old trafford with this stupid looking smug grin on his boat,

he left practically in tears by around the 80th min, fac%%n hilarious :):D

strangely enough there never seems to be any of your lot come in , perhaps its something to do with the fact its generally a load of lads , buying ROUNDS of drinks for each other,

there was one that came in at half time when spurs were 2 -0 up at old trafford with this stupid looking smug grin on his boat,

he left practically in tears by around the 80th min, fac%%n hilarious :):D

Hahahah whilst Mr Singh was hanging off the Chandaleer's cheering for the Mancs ... :D

He went to the Bar, to buy a Lager, & only bought one for himself, he's only a poor little Y*ddo................

True that is too, to be fair to Alfredo though he does put his hand in his pocket for a Drink when i see him but i end up coughing & spluttering with all the fcukign dust that generally comes out when he does.... :D

utter <deleted>, im farkin disgusted, zola and clarke tactically <deleted> for the umteenth match this waste of a season, clear the pair of them OUT, along with the others that quite obviously just cant be arsed ,

upson , waste of space , mcarthy useless fat c##nt, why the f##ck did they even drem about buying him , hes <deleted>, <deleted> <deleted>, , the only players that try are parker and faubert , the rest are headless chickens that dont seem to understand that they are playing a <deleted>##in team game

the only reason we will stay up is there is even worse than us , ,

total clear out of all the dead wood from the top down, and start afresh.

rant over , stoke next , COYI

utter <deleted>, im farkin disgusted, zola and clarke tactically <deleted> for the umteenth match this waste of a season, clear the pair of them OUT, along with the others that quite obviously just cant be arsed ,

upson , waste of space , mcarthy useless fat c##nt, why the f##ck did they even drem about buying him , hes <deleted>, <deleted> <deleted>, , the only players that try are parker and faubert , the rest are headless chickens that dont seem to understand that they are playing a <deleted>##in team game

I watched the game last night/morning.

They were awful.

It reminds me of my team, MCFC, a few seasons ago.

Too many players disinterested and not trying. Cole for one, and is it Stanislas? kid came on at half time, didnt track back for the second goal. Just pure laziness.

The other problem at this stage is the players are sh!t scared, playing with zero confidence.

Trouble is I wouldnt want too many Italians on my side if I was in a battle!! That sadly is the reality.

I do hope they survive, because I have always liked West Ham....... good footballing side. But its not looking good based on last nights game.

If we were'nt so busy we would have lent you Arri until the end of the season :) .