Bank foreclosing on gf's house?

undurraga

If youve been together for 11 years , she must have taken out the loan, or at least knew about it when you were together . She should have discussed it with you previously and not waiting until the banks want the property back .

This also could be one last scam from her , she probably knows that you intend coming to live in the house in the future , she may not want you to go and live with her . 

She may be looking for one last big pay day, before she breaks all contact with you ?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, undurraga said:

Good advice but I don't even know the name of the lending bank and/or loan-shark, and asking her for that info is only going to start a "Why don't you trust me?" conversation.

oh, come on, grow up and start living in the real world. get the facts from her or get away from her, simple as that.

3 minutes ago, samsensam said:

oh, come on, grow up and start living in the real world. get the facts from her or get away from her, simple as that.

Yes very true in what you say but lots of western man come here leave there brains at the airport.

i have seen it were they Say i love her , thai lady that's is and she rips him off .

not sure what it is the darker skin or the black hair.

don't get me wrong I like thai woman a lot but I know how to say NO N O .

6 hours ago, paul18620 said:

Yes you was lucky 

as some of us aren't so lucky and only get the drama over the phone like you did, we get it face to face and its scary when they kick off.

Not if you've got stones, it ain't.

Almost every woman prone to going "loco" knows exactly what kind of man will allow her to get away with and respond to that type of behaviour in her favour.

She also knows exactly what kind of man won't .............and she avoids him like the plague.

11 hours ago, Crossy said:

Assuming it is actually a bank loan. If you're in Thailand it's easy enough to visit the lending bank and get the lowdown. Since it seems you're not here at present there will be associated paperwork and demand letters, ask to see them (emailed scans/photos). Obviously they will be in Thai, you can get them translated ask at a local (preferably Thai) restaurant.

Banks do tend to take a long time to actually foreclose, but since we don't know how aged the debt actually is it's difficult to say what will happen next, or when.

Of course there are other, more shady, lenders out there whose collection techniques are less subtle and whose interest rates are also unsubtle.

And of course, the buffalo could be sick.

A bank will disclose that personal information about 1 of their customers? 

Just now, upside said:

A bank will disclose that personal information about 1 of their customers? 

One assumes he'd be going with the lady in question (she does after all want him to pay off the debt), but even if alone TiT.

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

One assumes he'd be going with the lady in question (she does after all want him to pay off the debt), but even if alone TiT.

Although I dont think that going into a bank and stating that you are merely "going with a lady" would be enough for them to give you any details about her . You would probably need a marriage certificate or something to show that you were in a relationship or something .

Edit : Sorry misunderstood what you meant .

Edited by sanemax
Misunderstood what was written

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although I dont think that going into a bank and stating that you are merely "going with a lady" would be enough for them to give you any details about her . You would probably need a marriage certificate or something to show that you were in a relationship or something .

Edit : Sorry misunderstood what you meant .

If this is real and I have my doubts. No bank is going to give you any information on another person's dealings Wether your married or not. Unless things are in joint names there is no way in hell they will tell you anything.

6 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Yes very true in what you say but lots of western man come here leave there brains at the airport.

i have seen it were they Say i love her , thai lady that's is and she rips him off .

not sure what it is the darker skin or the black hair.

don't get me wrong I like thai woman a lot but I know how to say NO N O .

We have been here before your obvious experiance of being ripped of and letting it happen to you has clouded your judgement on all women here in Thailand. no two people are the same. So beacuse you found the wrong woman when you left your brain at the airport, please don't judge all people the same.

19 hours ago, undurraga said:

Thought that telling her to let the bank foreclose because I wasn't going to pay off her "loan" was balls enough.  Regardless, thanks for your input.

yes  sorry I only read  your first post before sending this response, Im surprised its  been 11  years before this kind of crap came  up  but Ive seen many irresponsible Thais do stuff  like this.......................even a  sane relative of my Wifes recently "gambled"  a  load of  money on the stock market and lost it all, had to sell his  car.......dont know why they do it, suspect desperation or the lure of " apparently easy  money"

7 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

We have been here before your obvious experiance of being ripped of and letting it happen to you has clouded your judgement on all women here in Thailand. no two people are the same. So beacuse you found the wrong woman when you left your brain at the airport, please don't judge all people the same.

Yes have been here off and on for the last 7  years and you are very wrong , I have not been ripped off you are so wrong, you have no idea about me .

see people like you try and think you know it all and you no  ???? All .

you are the one who is clouded not me .

i never said all people are the same did I .

i was saying lots get ripped off here and it is true, tell me would a thai lady sell the lot here if she had it , a home and go and live in the west , no way she would , then why do men like you do  it , not me .

yes I have had lots of thai woman good and bad but I have the balls to walk away from the bad ones . 

I would say you left your Barin's at the airport because that is why you are trying to put me down ,did I put you down no I did not , I am just saying it as I see it .

but blokes like you who fall in love give them the lot cars , gold , homes , land I can go on and on about men like you .

so next time if you get on her don't try and put me down like you did .

for someone who has been here and had 2,000 post on tv in 11 months, I would say you are part of the keyboard warriors brigade.

17 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Just read through this 15 mins of laughter. I presume this was initiated by the OP to get the desired responses from the same old posters 5555 You have been together for 11 years ? right oh I belive every word you wrote NOT.

I wrote been "with" her.  The "with" was supposed to indicate that we've been a thing whenever I visit LOS but no, I have not lived in Thailand for 11 years straight.  I've only been visiting her for 1-3 months a year for 11 years.  Next year I was hoping to retire and move into "our" house.  The retirement is still on - moving into "our" house, not so much.  Up to you.

2 minutes ago, undurraga said:

I wrote been "with" her.  The "with" was supposed to indicate that we've been a thing whenever I visit LOS but no, I have not lived in Thailand for 11 years straight.  I've only been visiting her for 1-3 months a year for 11 years.  Next year I was hoping to retire and move into "our" house.  The retirement is still on - moving into "our" house, not so much.  Up to you.

take the above advice,if that what it is,if you have only been visiting 1-3months a yr.you can bet your last dollar there's others visiting TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.after over 35yrs.of hearing and knowing the same old stories,cut your losses and forget it.

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Yes have been here off and on for the last 7  years and you are very wrong , I have not been ripped off you are so wrong, you have no idea about me .

see people like you try and think you know it all and you no  ???? All .

you are the one who is clouded not me .

i never said all people are the same did I .

i was saying lots get ripped off here and it is true, tell me would a thai lady sell the lot here if she had it , a home and go and live in the west , no way she would , then why do men like you do  it , not me .

yes I have had lots of thai woman good and bad but I have the balls to walk away from the bad ones . 

I would say you left your Barin's at the airport because that is why you are trying to put me down ,did I put you down no I did not , I am just saying it as I see it .

but blokes like you who fall in love give them the lot cars , gold , homes , land I can go on and on about men like you .

so next time if you get on her don't try and put me down like you did .

for someone who has been here and had 2,000 post on tv in 11 months, I would say you are part of the keyboard warriors brigade.

55555 nice try but no prizes. you must try harder to snoop before posting 

Edited by Deepinthailand

11 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

55555 nice try

Not a nice try the truth 555555

what you not like it when you get the truth told to you .

you can give it to me as much as you like but not get upset when you get it back .

mr keyboard warrior brigade 

ps you started it not me .

21 hours ago, paul18620 said:

Yes you was lucky 

as some of us aren't so lucky and only get the drama over the phone like you did, we get it face to face and its scary when they kick off.

Yes I would say that is very true but you can just say no to there face like I did with the last ex thai .

it not a crime to walk away from them .

21 hours ago, undurraga said:

Am planning on retiring to Thailand next year and was hoping to live in "our" house (if the loan sharks haven't already foreclosed on it).  May still do it and play the cheap-charlie thing to see how long "love you forever" lasts in Thailand. 

That was your Plan B which you can write-off completely. Draft Plan C immediately.

21 hours ago, paul18620 said:

Yes you was lucky 

I hear you.  In my case there was plenty of face-to-face pre-breakup drama, which is what led to the breakup itself.  Yes, scary indeed.

2 hours ago, undurraga said:

So ur here for 1-3 months a year, for the past 11 years, to be with your 'girlfriend'? For some unknown reason you bought her a house based on this 'relationship' and now your asking if she's trying to 'do' one on you with this foreclosure tale.....

you've already been done my friend. 

Dont buy houses for pretend girlfriends in the future. 

Good luck 

3 minutes ago, jonw8uk said:

So ur here for 1-3 months a year, for the past 11 years, to be with your 'girlfriend'? For some unknown reason you bought her a house based on this 'relationship' and now your asking if she's trying to 'do' one on you with this foreclosure tale.....

you've already been done my friend. 

Dont buy houses for pretend girlfriends in the future. 

Good luck 

Yes very true in what you say , but lots of man here do that buy homes for their wives or their gf .

relationships in thailand are about your money not all but 99% are . 

So if you are trying to give him advice make sure you are here for you and not for your thai partner if you have one .

and why should you have to buy a home for any thai woman .

You could try to start the process with her - to get the house and land split and getting yourself a lease on the land, etc, etc -- as many guys have done.  As soon as the gf sees that it's becoming a bit official, you will start to get the real story -- probably after a few false starts.   The upside of this is you might actually get somewhere to live for your retirement.  Be careful -- you'd not be the first retiree who had his retirement cut short in the dead of night,,,,,,

undurraga ... this is a game changing comment. Had you mentioned this at the start, I suspect many well intentioned posters may have replied very differently.

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, or sarcastic, or unemotional about your situation, but realistically, it's difficult to believe that any person (in this case, your girlfriend) could remain faithful for 9-11 months every year for 11 years.

Could you ?

Without knowing anything about how deep your financial commitment is to your girlfriend, it really does seem to me that perhaps now it's time to cut your losses, and move on. 

Save your 200,000 baht for when you retire here shortly. 

Start again, much the wiser second time around. There are endless guys here that have done the same thing. Me included.

4 minutes ago, electric said:

undurraga ... this is a game changing comment. Had you mentioned this at the start, I suspect many well intentioned posters may have replied very differently.

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, or sarcastic, or unemotional about your situation, but realistically, it's difficult to believe that any person (in this case, your girlfriend) could remain faithful for 9-11 months every year for 11 years.

Could you ?

Without knowing anything about how deep your financial commitment is to your girlfriend, it really does seem to me that perhaps now it's time to cut your losses, and move on. 

Save your 200,000 baht for when you retire here shortly. 

Start again, much the wiser second time around. There are endless guys here that have done the same thing. Me included.

So,so true 

good to read someone on tv like you has a brain , lots on here leave there's at the airport.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:55 AM, kannot said:

and they see nothing wrong with not paying it back................thats the real problem.

Friend of 8 years  borrowed money  from my Wife about 5  years ago, 5000 baht, never got it back, suspect never  will

yes,looked at like a gift,loan does not really exist as a concept.

You know I cant help at laugh at the majority of the responses. I mean come on, take one giant step back and read it all. 555. A good comedian couldn't come up with this type of material

Where do you guys meet your women? Really.