Bank foreclosing on gf's house?

undurraga

On 12/10/2016 at 8:51 AM, undurraga said:

Good advice but I don't even know the name of the lending bank and/or loan-shark, and asking her for that info is only going to start a "Why don't you trust me?" conversation.

Just to confuse more, had similar that turned out semi-legit loan shark getting hooks in from true emergency she was reasonably afraid to tell me. Many big fish stories from the gulf of Thailand with even the Thai's being victimized and making mistakes over the path of least resistance.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

We have no rights so which one exactly do you stand up for? your coments "marry them" "married to one" What are they to you a piece of meat something dirty on the bottom of your shoe?. You have serious issues which you should address at the earliest opportunity . 

Boy you are did make me laugh 5555.

i will tell you one think you have the issue not me , the day you fall in  love with one is the day you will lose the lot to them .

that is why lots and lots of  foreigners  commit suicide in Thailand .

and that's why you and lots of TV members get on here and  complain all the time about thai woman and thailand most of them are unhappy because they fall in love with the not say but you know what I mean , at to you 55555555555.

On 12/10/2016 at 2:14 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Just read through this 15 mins of laughter. I presume this was initiated by the OP to get the desired responses from the same old posters 5555 You have been together for 11 years ? right oh I belive every word you wrote NOT.

This has some credibility.These things do happen in Thailand.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:31 AM, ezzra said:

If I had 1 baht for every time they ask me for a 'loan' they'd be borrowing that too

Got to hand it to the Thai lasses in this country, they never miss an opportunity

to try to get every penny they can from whom ever, be it a hubby, BF, friend

and anybody with 2 baht in their pocket, and they see absolutely nothing

wrong with it.....

Tell your sad story to my wife and she will put you in hospital for a long time pal. Just like you have gold diggers in the west you have them here, but please don't generalise. Neither my wife nor any of her family have ever asked for money. They are too proud to ask and will rather work for it.

1 minute ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Tell your sad story to my wife and she will put you in hospital for a long time pal. Just like you have gold diggers in the west you have them here, but please don't generalise. Neither my wife nor any of her family have ever asked for money. They are too proud to ask and will rather work for it.

5555555555 now that is a joke but you could be the lucky one and you would be one in a million.

read this Tv how many get rip off .

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:55 AM, undurraga said:

As far as I know her aunt and I paid for the house.  I paid off the aunt's loan when she ran into "money problems" and my part was cash.  No lease.  I've got no chance of recuperating anything from this.  I did tell her to let the bank have it because I was through for paying off her loans that I was not party to. 

You did the best in the circumstances, even if it means that you'll be looking for a new gf. My questions are always the same: parents dead? children independent? farm sold? If the answer to any question is No, I say Next please!

Just now, georgemandm said:

5555555555 now that is a joke but you could be the lucky one and you would be one in a million.

read this Tv how many get rip off .

Son I have been on here much longer than you and I know all these stories, of which some is true, but sadly for you and the others that crave to generalise most are fabrications by bored people.  Many foreigners start all wrong by throwing money around and that attracts the wrong girls. They then spoil these girls and end up with the wrong girl and no money. But if you go about it the right way you have the same chance of ending up with a good girl as that you have back home, statistically its always a 50/50 chance. But the truth is sooo boring so lets live the TV life where Thai's are evil and westerners are little angels.

Let the bank foreclose.

If it really is a bank loan then she will still get the difference between what is "owed + costs" and the forced sale price. If there has been any sort of capital appreciation she could still walk away with a tidy sum. I would not worry about her welfare. You and the aunt then should ask for your "contribution" back. You wont get it but it might give her something to think about.

But it actually sounds more like a  gambling debt to a loan shark. I'd get out before it's just "the cattle get sick"

Edited by ironbark

4 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Son I have been on here much longer than you and I know all these stories, of which some is true, but sadly for you and the others that crave to generalise most are fabrications by bored people.  Many foreigners start all wrong by throwing money around and that attracts the wrong girls. They then spoil these girls and end up with the wrong girl and no money. But if you go about it the right way you have the same chance of ending up with a good girl as that you have back home, statistically its always a 50/50 chance. But the truth is sooo boring so lets live the TV life where Thai's are evil and westerners are little angels.

Number one your not my dad .haha just joking.

and up to you if you have been here longer then me you can have this , not say country.

you have  blinkers on if you believe most of the stories are  fabricated , they are not I have seen it first hand .

if you are lucky to have a good lady then good on you I am not having a go at you at all .

i will say this you are very wrong about western woman ok I have seen lots of them , who work hard for their family and put in , their is good and bad in ever race in the world.

yes man come here and throw money at thai woman I agree but that happens back in my country as well .

26 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Do not give her the money. If she leaves you then you have a down payment on the next GFE. If she has to move out of the house then you know she was telling the truth and she would be worth buying another house for and you have 200,000 to pay towards that house. Great opportunity for you here.

I agree ... giving your G/F 200,000 would be a big mistake in this particular topic. Save it for your next adventure in LOS

If she loses the house due of foreclosure, most likely she will blame the OP anyway. In her eyes, it'll be all his fault, as he wasn't prepared to cough up more easy money.  55555   

It'll initially be of little consequence to her,  that she got herself into a personal financial pickle of her own making, and chose to risk such a valuable asset as collateral.

On a brighter note ... if the house is repossessed and sold, then her family will be cashed up and perhaps debt free, courtesy of a nice farang that visits 1 month each year.

OP undurraga .... as IAMHERE said it is a "great opportunity for you here" ..... to cut your losses and move on IMHO

3 minutes ago, electric said:

I agree ... giving your G/F 200,000 would be a big mistake in this particular topic. Save it for your next adventure in LOS

If she loses the house due of foreclosure, most likely she will blame the OP anyway. In her eyes, it'll be all his fault, as he wasn't prepared to cough up more easy money.  55555   

It'll initially be of little consequence to her,  that she got herself into a personal financial pickle of her own making, and chose to risk such a valuable asset as collateral.

On a brighter note ... if the house is repossessed and sold, then her family will be cashed up and perhaps debt free, courtesy of a nice farang that visits 1 month each year.

OP undurraga .... as IAMHERE said it is a "great opportunity for you here" ..... to cut your losses and move on IMHO

Like always electric you have great replays on TV keep it up mate .

and you tell it how it is .

On 12/10/2016 at 8:51 AM, undurraga said:

Good advice but I don't even know the name of the lending bank and/or loan-shark, and asking her for that info is only going to start a "Why don't you trust me?" conversation.

I think you can avoid the "Why don't you trust me?" conversation by suggesting you will transfer directly to the bank and therefore need the up to date amount of the debt on the day you are going to do the transfer. While you are at it ask for the Bank persons name and email address. If you don't get satisfactory answers, then quit this relationship fast.

Nice round number. Must not have been a loan requiring periodic payments. Term loan of how long then? What was the money used for? If a loan with monthly payments, how much are the payments and how far behind is she. 10 payments at 20,000? 20 payments at !0,000? Doesn't sound quite right on this one. The Muslim family across the street moved in and failed to make the first 6 payments. Took that long for the bank to be taken seriously. Have to get some answers if she balks at providing them I believe you have your answer.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:04 AM, Crossy said:

Assuming it is actually a bank loan. If you're in Thailand it's easy enough to visit the lending bank and get the lowdown. Since it seems you're not here at present there will be associated paperwork and demand letters, ask to see them (emailed scans/photos). Obviously they will be in Thai, you can get them translated ask at a local (preferably Thai) restaurant.

Banks do tend to take a long time to actually foreclose, but since we don't know how aged the debt actually is it's difficult to say what will happen next, or when.

Of course there are other, more shady, lenders out there whose collection techniques are less subtle and whose interest rates are also unsubtle.

And of course, the buffalo could be sick.

for you, this matter is well worth investigating...foreclosures do happen...each bank's website has a load of properties for sale...perhaps more importantly, it would let you know for sure if you can trust your gf...if she is lying, then time to flee the scene and find someone different...also remember,that documents should be available immediately when you ask for them...any delay may mean that documents are being photoshopped or forged...i personally have seen a forgery shop in pattaya...so that happens too...another alternative is to hire an attorney to verify the situation for you...a few thousand baht, and no time investment on your part...if you wish the name of an attorney, please email me. good luck

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:55 AM, undurraga said:

As far as I know her aunt and I paid for the house.  I paid off the aunt's loan when she ran into "money problems" and my part was cash.  No lease.  I've got no chance of recuperating anything from this.  I did tell her to let the bank have it because I was through for paying off her loans that I was not party to. 

Man you are NOT learning.

Cut your losses and bail out NOW!!!

On 12/10/2016 at 9:21 AM, mesquite said:

I have a friend who paid his wife's family thousands of USD because of the "bank wants money" ploy.  He did not review any of the documents or anything, just gave the family members the money.  He still believes his only mistake was marrying a Thai woman whose family had a lot of debt they couldn't pay.  My guess is there was never any debt, only a farang who was fleeced.  Best of luck to the OP.  I know what I would do.

Often no debt but sometimes the house is on land owned by Mama. This arrangement could be known as the 'Thai horn of plenty' a constantly refilling glass, as mama borrows against the land  and farang/daughter have to pay it off to avoid losing the house built on it and then mama borrows again ad infinitum. A lady I know had the kind of row a Thai daughter doesn't have with her Mother to get the chanote in her name precisely to avoid this.

There is also the collapsing land loan reverse ponzi where plots of land have been mortgaged to pay the debt on previously mortgaged land until it all comes to a head and a huge payment is required to avoid losing the lot - a friend was handed this after many years of a stable marrige - it's not just her its Mama.

Edited by mokwit

Documents from the bank and a sit down to discuss all the details and what happened is what would happen in an honest relationship. I have seen this "I need thousands now or xxx will happen" too many times. Normally from uneducated farm girls who have been out gambling. Friend was notified by his GF that he needed to pay 1 million baht to a loan shark or loose his house. Less that a week later he walked and never looked back, best decision he made in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 12/10/2016 at 4:31 AM, undurraga said:

Is this a common "sick buffalo" scam or is she just getting more and more creative?

I new variation thereof. Pack your toothbrush and deodorant and leave. She is using you for a bank of last resort. Your best resort is to look for greener pastures and a less troublesome g/f. Life can be short for some things and long for others. 

My situation was somewhat different.In 2001 i had a girlfriend who had been living with me for 2 years.In those days,i was giving her 8,000 a month.for pocket money.Not a lot by to days standards,i know. But i always had good money and i didnt miss it.This pocket money was used for her to 'learn salon' I know she went,because i would drop her off there in the morning.

Now,knowing some one in other country's would suggest that a certain amount of trust had been made between us.But the mistake she made was that she didnt realise that i wasnt stupid.

One evening,whilst watching TV she told me that before we met she had involved herself in a loan of a substantial amount.She then poduced a paper saying that if i gave her 1 years money(96,000) that she would be free of the debt and we could contnue in our own sweet way.Then came the veiled threat,that if i didnt cough up,something bad could happen to her and she would have to go to prevent me being involved in the nastiness.

I thanked her very much for her concern over me,and would she like it if we visited her family in Suphan Buri at the week end.

She was very agreeable to this trip.

We drove all the way to the family home.I dropped her there on the premis that i was going to the local shop to buy beer and whisky for the family.

I drove straight past the shop and straight back to my rented house.

I had turned off my mobile and when i got home i changed the card,In those days i only paid 7,000 baht deposit for the house,and my rent was due.I  packed all my bags and moved to Pattaya.I never looked back.My rent was 5000 which i didnt pay and i just left the deposit.

I never heard another thing from her,and havent to this day.

I was a bit new to this country then,but i knew a bad proposal when i was told one. I suggest this guy does the same.If this is a scam and the loan isnt legal,the consequences could be very unhealthy.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:30 AM, undurraga said:

Am planning on retiring to Thailand next year and was hoping to live in "our" house (if the loan sharks haven't already foreclosed on it).  May still do it and play the cheap-charlie thing to see how long "love you forever" lasts in Thailand. 

Get your calculator and bank books out every day. Pound the keys and have a frown on your face and shake it from side to side. Thai girls are a fast read. 

3 hours ago, louse1953 said:

This has some credibility.These things do happen in Thailand.

Things do happen all over the world but in my book this is not a real situation just amother thread same as always, were the burnt self appointed sheriff's come out in force to vent there splines on every thai lady beacuse according to them there all the same. RUBISH  I say but let them get on with it only problem is there are people who actually belive it all to be fact

22 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Things do happen all over the world but in my book this is not a real situation just amother thread same as always, were the burnt self appointed sheriff's come out in force to vent there splines on every thai lady beacuse according to them there all the same. RUBISH  I say but let them get on with it only problem is there are people who actually belive it all to be fact

Absolutely Deepinthailand, my sentiment exactly. If you read this forum on events like these it appears there is an overwhelming opinion that there is an incredibly large population of scamming Thai women that do nothing but plot and plan to part foreigners from their money(I'd love a poll on where these men met their GF's Wife etc)  With that said  I bet statistically this type of "scamming" is just a small % of the women here. Posts like the OP's only draws the bitter, irritated, embarrassed ones out to complain about their misfortunes and look for the "misery loves company" environment (interestingly it works).  

To me the OP's post is really odd in that if he read what he wrote and sat back and thought about it, common sense would prevail and  he would not need to be posting it looking for advice from 10 or so other guys that missed the boat as well.

The good thing is there many of us that know better and really just chuckle at the constant barrage of generalizing statements that "All Thai women", or "99% of all Thai women" etc etc are scammers and cheats etc. Its the farthest from the truth. Its a minority in the big picture.

46 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Absolutely Deepinthailand, my sentiment exactly. If you read this forum on events like these it appears there is an overwhelming opinion that there is an incredibly large population of scamming Thai women that do nothing but plot and plan to part foreigners from their money(I'd love a poll on where these men met their GF's Wife etc)  With that said  I bet statistically this type of "scamming" is just a small % of the women here. Posts like the OP's only draws the bitter, irritated, embarrassed ones out to complain about their misfortunes and look for the "misery loves company" environment (interestingly it works).  

To me the OP's post is really odd in that if he read what he wrote and sat back and thought about it, common sense would prevail and  he would not need to be posting it looking for advice from 10 or so other guys that missed the boat as well.

The good thing is there many of us that know better and really just chuckle at the constant barrage of generalizing statements that "All Thai women", or "99% of all Thai women" etc etc are scammers and cheats etc. Its the farthest from the truth. Its a minority in the big picture.

Well said that man. stand by for the normal responses now lol

Edited by Deepinthailand