Bank foreclosing on gf's house?

undurraga

19 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:
On 12/10/2016 at 1:34 AM, georgemandm said:

Yes very true in what you say but lots of western man come here leave there brains at the airport.

i have seen it were they Say i love her , thai lady that's is and she rips him off .

not sure what it is the darker skin or the black hair.

don't get me wrong I like thai woman a lot but I know how to say NO N O .

We have been here before your obvious experiance of being ripped of and letting it happen to you has clouded your judgement on all women here in Thailand. no two people are the same. So beacuse you found the wrong woman when you left your brain at the airport, please don't judge all people the same.

Exactly DeepinThailand. He has even quoted stats of 99% of all Thai women. So this George character gets smoked out of some money and now he is an expert on 99% of Thai women.

From reading his posts in numerous other threads he is proud he is a "Pay for sex" guy so his "Circle" of women live in the Scam the Foreigner game. I can see where he is heavily jaded. Its all about the company one keeps. Quit dating women in bars and the internet George, You might be surprised to find out that it isn't 99%, in fact it might be exactly the opposite if you consider the Thai women population. So that would mean that you got burned by 1% of the Thai women here. Now that's funny 5555

Edited by JAFO

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Exactly DeepinThailand. He has even quoted stats of 99% of all Thai women. So this George character gets smoked out of some money and now he is an expert on 99% of Thai women.

From reading his posts in numerous other threads he is proud he is a "Pay for sex" guy so his "Circle" of women live in the Scam the Foreigner game. I can see where he is heavily jaded. Its all about the company one keeps. Quit dating women in bars and the internet George, You might be surprised to find out that it isn't 99%, in fact it might be exactly the opposite if you consider the Thai women population. So that would mean that you got burned by 1% of the Thai women here. Now that's funny 5555

What the ? are you going on about , i 99% of Thai woman what ?. 

I could have said 99% of man like you are ???? ???? .

So you trying to  disrespect me and say on tv I pay for sex ?. 

Do you know me no , you have no idea about me and say I get smoked out of money your are talking rubbish.

did I have a go at you no .

i got burnt by 1% what rubbish again by a ???? ??? Like you .

how can you get on here and say I date bar moles in thailand just rubbish and tell what is wrong with meeting woman on the internet, not one thing.

man like you that leave there  ?????? at the airport make me laugh. 

Should I talk rubbish about you no because I have no idea who you are and what you do here or do I care no .

so go away and  disrespect someone else .

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

You know I cant help at laugh at the majority of the responses. I mean come on, take one giant step back and read it all. 555. A good comedian couldn't come up with this type of material

Where do you guys meet your women? Really. 

So you are an Expert On woman are you 

what you are Dr woman 555555

so Dr woman were do you meet them .

you do make me laugh when I read

(where do you guys meet your women?Really) 

the man that no's ???? All .

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

What the ? are you going on about , i 99% of Thai woman what ?. 

I could have said 99% of man like you are ???? ???? .

So you trying to  disrespect me and say on tv I pay for sex ?. 

Do you know me no , you have no idea about me and say I get smoked out of money your are talking rubbish.

did I have a go at you no .

i got burnt by 1% what rubbish again by a ???? ??? Like you .

how can you get on here and say I date bar moles in thailand just rubbish and tell what is wrong with meeting woman on the internet, not one thing.

man like you that leave there  ?????? at the airport make me laugh. 

Should I talk rubbish about you no because I have no idea who you are and what you do here or do I care no .

so go away and  disrespect someone else .

55555555  Do you even read what you write or do you just post away? 

Anyway no time to dig up what you post to put it all together.. Just an observation. 

Good you understand she is trying to rip you off .
my ex  thai tried that bs on me , saying we were going to go  bankrupt and the worst thing is , she had no loans at all .
but I believe now , she went behind my back and took out loans from the loan sharks and brought land in her name .
and that is why she is my ex thai .
so if you have not put to much in to the home just walk away.
you can get a new one , like I did .

New one wife or house?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So what?  In poker, the term is call her bluff.  If the house gets foreclosed then it means she had somehow acquired debt using the house as collateral without your knowledge.  So she is not a person  you should continue dealing with.  If the house doesn't get foreclosed, then it means there was no actual debt and she was lying to you.  Again, walk away.  She is not a person worthy of being associated with. 

The OP allegedly was with the GF for 11 years, visiting Thailand for about one month a year.  Possible.  Then the OP says he was planning on retiring to Thailand and living in the house.  Well, if true, it certainly is possible and likely that the GF and mother and whoever else is living in the house certainly don't need you hanging around the house! She has gotten by for 11 months of every year for 11 years.  Do you really believe she has been saving herself for your yearly visit?   At best she is just trying to push things and sending you a "pay it forward" bill prior to you moving in.  At worse, all a fake.   If any of your story is real, I hope you do some research and understand the risks of putting finances into a home with land you do not own.  It will take very little action on her part to get you thrown out of the house for various reasons, she alleges abuse, some other criminal activity, etc.   

A farang shows up in a Thai girl's life, and she falls into a situation that can only be remedied by farang money.  Funny how that happens.

I knew a fellow who lived in Bangkok (60 y.o.) who spent most of his time trying to pick up girls around town, like department stores, malls, cafes etc and he'd call them his 'girlfriends.'  He wasn't above taking a hooker on occasion.  But he was adamant his "girlfriends" were not hookers, they actually liked him for being the good-hearted human he was, they told him so straight out.  :biggrin:

He was always telling me about the sorry situation of each gf, usually medical: they need an operation, their mama needs to go to hospital etc.  I suspect there are Thai books out there with titles like "101 Things to Tell a Farang to Get Money Out of Him." 

Gotta laugh. This 'general topics' forum is an agony section of TV for immature grown men dealing with life outside their borough and wishing things were not so.

On topic. Don't help unless you can go into the bank. Don't help if gambling is involved, which is more possible if indeed she has been waiting for you. Don't help if you intend to remain in a long distance relationship, cannot work. Help if you love her and intend on living together, there. Think long and hard about that one,  then don't!! 

Life is a transaction in many ways. You have to calmly assess things from the other side at times. I don't think many men in the OP's situation really consider fairly the opportunity cost of their partner given who and where they came from. Then reflect what they bring to the table. Still ends up being a biased summation.

On 10/12/2016 at 10:30 AM, undurraga said:

Am planning on retiring to Thailand next year and was hoping to live in "our" house (if the loan sharks haven't already foreclosed on it).  May still do it and play the cheap-charlie thing to see how long "love you forever" lasts in Thailand. 

I told my friend to play the cheap Charlie ,then can see if she loves him true ,after 2/3 days he went buying her some gold and when he went back to uk he sent her money,my friend not have money and not good job ,one month he short of money ,he gf went of with another guy that month .if I look new ladies I always cheap Charlie now

Let us break this down.....

The house you and she 'share' has money borrowed against it or still owed and she previously kept this from you.

She had managed to service this debt previously without you knowing.

You were previously led to believe there was no debt on the house.

Or...she may have at a later time used the house as collateral for a 200,000 baht loan but she had not told you and no sign of what the money was used for.

I believe Thai banks give some leeway wrt debt on homes, I have seen it tolerated for some years.

Another possibility..it is all BS and she is simply trying to get money out of you.

You do right to be suspicious.

This is a common scam.The buffalo was 30 years ago.Girls have moved with the times.If you expect to live with the gf for a long time,rent free,pay up.Then you get a usufruct in your name and hope that holds up.If you don't pay,scam or not,your life will be hell,so you might as well leave now.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:56 AM, SaintLouisBlues said:

More money than "buffalo he die" too. "Money for blood" (transfusion) was a popular one a few years ago

I have heard,brother had motor bike accident and the best was father had died.I will help when i get there i said.Low and behold,the ol boy had risen from the ashes and was feeling better.Thanks for asking.Divorce proceedings soon after.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:51 AM, undurraga said:

Good advice but I don't even know the name of the lending bank and/or loan-shark, and asking her for that info is only going to start a "Why don't you trust me?" conversation.

Tell her straight,i don't even trust my own mother.That's how you have to operate in this country.Once they start stalling,you know it's bs.More lies to cover old lies.A farang kwai has paid somewhere in the local area and the story gets around and of course the amount rises.This place thrives on rumour and outright,straight to your face,bs.Your money,your rules.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:31 AM, ezzra said:

If I had 1 baht for every time they ask me for a 'loan' they'd be borrowing that too

Got to hand it to the Thai lasses in this country, they never miss an opportunity

to try to get every penny they can from whom ever, be it a hubby, BF, friend

and anybody with 2 baht in their pocket, and they see absolutely nothing

wrong with it.....

I DO AGREE WITH YOU 90% i am single and have to say i have met some pretty good girls that are not like that, there not all the same. most are, but not all.

Edited by catman20

On 12/10/2016 at 6:31 AM, ezzra said:

If I had 1 baht for every time they ask me for a 'loan' they'd be borrowing that too

Got to hand it to the Thai lasses in this country, they never miss an opportunity

to try to get every penny they can from whom ever, be it a hubby, BF, friend

and anybody with 2 baht in their pocket, and they see absolutely nothing

wrong with it.....

The Buffalo died already......

21 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

This is a common scam.The buffalo was 30 years ago.Girls have moved with the times.If you expect to live with the gf for a long time,rent free,pay up.Then you get a usufruct in your name and hope that holds up.If you don't pay,scam or not,your life will be hell,so you might as well leave now.

Yes very true but the usufruct is  useless if you marry them .

but it is great   if you are  Single and not get married to one , usufruct holds up .

one thing about Thais never ever be afraid of them , just stand up for your rights .

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

but it is great   if you are  Single and not get married to one , usufruct holds up .

one thing about Thais never ever be afraid of them , just stand up for your rights .

WHAT RIGHTS? you dont have ANY.

On 12/10/2016 at 9:01 AM, undurraga said:

Been "with" her 11 years.  Thinking about following your advice and moving on.

11 years is a long time.Beside this problem,if everything is ok,maybe ride it out.If your gf has been to your home country and see that money does not grow on trees,then they usually understand.Mine did.When your a multi millionaire,whats 200k baht.That's the logic.

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

We have no rights so which one exactly do you stand up for? your coments "marry them" "married to one" What are they to you a piece of meat something dirty on the bottom of your shoe?. You have serious issues which you should address at the earliest opportunity . 

15 minutes ago, catman20 said:

I DO AGREE WITH YOU 90% i am single and have to say i have met some pretty good girls that are not like that, there not all the same. most are, but not all.

as the saying goes if at first you dont suceed try,try,try again.

i got one that was different IN THE END.

6 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

11 years is a long time.Beside this problem,if everything is ok,maybe ride it out.If your gf has been to your home country and see that money does not grow on trees,then they usually understand.Mine did.When your a multi millionaire,whats 200k baht.That's the logic.

One think he has been with her 11 years but dose not live with her so that is a big  difference then living in  I do facto relationship .

yes very true take them back home I have 3 times and now she knows the street are not  paved with gold .

and everyone is not a  millionaire , the biggest problem is man come here and throw money around like it is nothing when on holidays but that is not what life is like .

There are two important things I learned from a Psychologist:

First,

"Don't worry about things you can't change". (Example ......Trump won , there isn't anything I can do about it)

Second,

"Don't depend, or rely, on others for your happiness" (This is know as Co-dependence)

So, if you are going to retire .... then retire. Don't depend on her, or anything she has (House), to be part of your happiness (retirement). It is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

This is just my simple two cents worth. Good luck on your decision.

On 12/10/2016 at 9:21 AM, mesquite said:

I have a friend who paid his wife's family thousands of USD because of the "bank wants money" ploy.  He did not review any of the documents or anything, just gave the family members the money.  He still believes his only mistake was marrying a Thai woman whose family had a lot of debt they couldn't pay.  My guess is there was never any debt, only a farang who was fleeced.  Best of luck to the OP.  I know what I would do.

That's not quite correct.Ask anyone that lives in the sticks,there is a lot of debt out here and the only collateral is the house and rice farm.This has been borrowed against for decades.This is why a lot of daughters go to Pattaya to "work".Lossing your only possession and hope is a big motivator to do whatever it takes.

Do not give her the money. If she leaves you then you have a down payment on the next GFE. If she has to move out of the house then you know she was telling the truth and she would be worth buying another house for and you have 200,000 to pay towards that house. Great opportunity for you here.