Pheu Thai’s existence ‘threatened by new law’

rooster59

By THE SUNDAY NATION 

31df16d0f3df829366c67894ba89007e.jpeg

THE PHEU THAI Party has a high risk of being disbanded under the new political parties law to be passed before the next general election, a key party figure warned yesterday.

Surapong Tovichukchaikul, a former Pheu Thai MP who served as foreign minister in the previous government, also expressed concern that the party’s leader could end up being severely punished after the new law comes into effect.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30301869

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-11

In the current situation it seems reasonable to suggest that no individual, political party or any organisation etc. will be allowed to exist or function unless the junta approves.

Control is being extended almost daily no matter how it's tarted up as something acceptable, for the national good and so and issues in the future will see control being applied more and more so it's a question of when will the blue touch paper be lit. ?

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

In the current situation it seems reasonable to suggest that no individual, political party or any organisation etc. will be allowed to exist or function unless the junta approves.

Control is being extended almost daily no matter how it's tarted up as something acceptable, for the national good and so and issues in the future will see control being applied more and more so it's a question of when will the blue touch paper be lit. ?

They're working on it.NKK

Edited by chainarong

Quote:-

The new law regulating political parties calls for capital punishment for any party leader found selling ministerial positions or government positions for monetary gain. Following criticism that the provision is too harsh, the law drafters agreed to add the alternative of life imprisonment for the offence. End quote

So this is just about government positions, not police, army, etc, positions. Okay.

So if a minister of parliment is found to have used his position to aquire personal wealth as Thaksin is accused of doing. That M.P will be imprisoned for life. Is that right?

Can someone enlighten me in dumbed down English. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm a tool. Yes! I know.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Poor guy, he can't buy and sell positions in the cabinet anymore. Why go in politics if not to get rich and now.. he can't. I feel pity.

Ah Mr Blokk,

your veil of impatiality has slipped yet again.

As usual, you only see corruption in Peu Thai politicians ( with your one eye) and continue to make spologies for the ratbags in control now.

3 minutes ago, bobmac10 said:

Ah Mr Blokk,

As usual, you only see corruption in Peu Thai politicians ( with your one eye) and continue to make spologies for the ratbags in control now.

I don't see only corruption at the PTP,  I think they are the worse but others certainly are not clean. Any law that can help to punish corruption is a good law. If you go back in my posts you can see I also did not like what nephew of the PM did and called that corrupt too. 

Anyway I have yet to see you ever say something bad about the PTP while I have often called the current mob the last bad (meaning they are bad too just the least bad choice at the moment)

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't see only corruption at the PTP,  I think they are the worse but others certainly are not clean. Any law that can help to punish corruption is a good law. If you go back in my posts you can see I also did not like what nephew of the PM did and called that corrupt too. 

Anyway I have yet to see you ever say something bad about the PTP while I have often called the current mob the last bad (meaning they are bad too just the least bad choice at the moment)

I don't agree with you on all that much, but I do have to come out in your defence in so far as yes, you have indeed criticised the junta on a good few occasions.

18 minutes ago, bobmac10 said:

Ah Mr Blokk,

PTP is a party controlled and financed by a criminallon the run. So it should not be allowed to function, It also has 58 MP's being investgated for corruption.  Your description of the present government is childish, crude and uneducated.

any law to punish future politicians and implemented by this puppet assembly is a law that will be used selectively to remove people and parties that the generals don't like.

Happened in 2006/7 and was used successfully many times. This is not new.  Same old MO from the rather unimaginative generals in the clown car.

27 minutes ago, baboon said:

I don't agree with you on all that much, but I do have to come out in your defence in so far as yes, you have indeed criticised the junta on a good few occasions.

Because they are also bad.. not as good as I had hoped. I still find it real bad that there is no investigation done about the nephew of the PM and his construction firm. I just see them as less bad, but that is a matter of perception. I just really dislike the PTP and Thaksin just like others dislike the junta. 

Its easy to discredit ANY government here because none of them are really clean. They are all shades of grey. 

6 hours ago, optad said:

All the more reason to get better representative politics back into a non representative culture.

I think the last part of your statement has the upper hand. Quote get better representative politics unquote Now that part will be a work in progress well into the future. Like in Burma it will be one brick at a time. 

7 minutes ago, optad said:

^phrased correctly then.:smile:

Agree. Doubt representative politics works perfectly anywhere frankly, as politicians will represent themselves where they can. Asia, and graft as we know accepts these lassitudes. 

There you go exposing the worlds dirty little secret. Who would have thought that politicians put themselves first. Self before patriotism unheard of. 

PTP is a party controlled and financed by a criminallon the run. So it should not be allowed to function, It also has 58 MP's being investgated for corruption.  Your description of the present government is childish, crude and uneducated.

But quite accurate!

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They can always try TRT, maybe PPP, maybe not. I'm sure they will think of something. Their rotation of banned members must be ready to take their places in a new party, no matter what initials it has.

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

There you go exposing the worlds dirty little secret. Who would have thought that politicians put themselves first. Self before patriotism unheard of. 

Very true.

Democracy is practised nowhere. Abused for enrichment of the politicians.

But who knows a  better kind of constitution?