2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come there are people with zero votes? It means that the members who put them forward havent even voted for them. Something smells fishy, have the russians hacked TV?

Not sure I am happy with the popular vote, maybe the electoral or constituency voting method will be more insightful. I think we should have a voter of the year for the CM forum a,one as clearly its the best forum on TV by a country mile so it should hold a greater weighting for a members win on that forum ?

Edited by stament

24 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

While I agree the “like” system is flawed, it still provides more feedback than no system at all.  With a modicum of effort one can easily discern the reason for a like being given, as you have pointed out.  

Some posters make a big deal about how they don’t care what others think and how much more manly they are for not caring.  Clearly they do care what people think or they wouldn’t be trying so hard to sell that particular self-image of being the superior tough-guy.  People who don’t care and don’t want to influence the opinions of others, simply don’t waste their time on social media, in my opinion.

Maybe it is just me but I am more admiring of those who produce original content as opposed to those who simply take cheap shots at others.  That probably makes me very boring in the eyes of many.

Another dimension of this is the need to support fact finding and dispel myths, which I personally think should be the key aim of social networking sites such as TV. But that in itself is fraught with difficulty when a majority may support the fiction (because it's more interesting and possibly self serving) and to be seen to support fact which favours the Thai view, attracts the label, "apologist".  There of course is an example whereby a system of dislikes would work against the quality poster and favour the rumour creating bar stool sitting group.

6 minutes ago, stament said:

How come there are people with zero votes? It means that the members who put them forward havent even voted for them. Something smells fishy, have the russians hacked TV?

It could be that many nominations were meant as a joke or were a protest of the whole process.

40 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

This award needs a better name. Hollywood has The Oscars, I propose naming the TV award The Ratbags.

And a suitable trophy & presentation......

Since Nancy won't give the tiara back....

IMG_20161215_092004.jpg

Just now, villagefarang said:

At the moment I am in my proverbial third place position, lagging behind the two top contenders.  Feels very familiar as that is where I ended up last year.:biggrin:

At this stage of the game, to be on the shoulder of the leader is good, and there is a long way to go to the finish line.

1 hour ago, stament said:

Not sure I am happy with the popular vote, maybe the electoral or constituency voting method will be more insightful. I think we should have a voter of the year for the CM forum a,one as clearly its the best forum on TV by a country mile so it should hold a greater weighting for a members win on that forum ?

I see three nominees who are joke based candidates.

1 hour ago, stament said:

Hopefully people are holding on to their votes until the last day. That will be the most entertaining scenario. Before we could move our votes around, but we can still keep some suspense this year.

Just now, canuckamuck said:

Hopefully people are holding on to their votes until the last day. That will be the most entertaining scenario. Before we could move our votes around, but we can still keep some suspense this year.

I'm holding mine back until the final minute!

It might become more intense once we've got the five, mostly predictable, finalists.

Then perhaps there will be some campaigning on other parts of the forum. But this time, once you've voted, it's over. But people will get a second chance to vote in the FINALS. 

On 12/14/2016 at 7:35 AM, canuckamuck said:

All this talk about no need to campaign is nonsense. I'm not voting until until the last minute, so let's hear why you should be this this year's POTY.

I have been to the gym 3 times a week this year to reduce flack....:laugh:

2 hours ago, sipi said:

This contest seems to have lost it's puff.

Trans has even stopped taking calls on his shoe-phone.

Some of us are busy running into burning orphanages and rescuing drowning kittens, you know. Not that I want the fact to influence any voting of course...

2 hours ago, sipi said:

This contest seems to have lost it's puff.

Trans has even stopped taking calls on his shoe-phone.

My apologies, my PC has been down but thankfully my chum member lostinisan (fink that's how you spell it)  fixed it, plus a short holiday.....Sooooo, back in action.....Gym has worked wonders for this years contest and my thanks go out to those who posted I looked ruff to be a POTY.....BUT, I drew the line at a hair transplant and hospital duties, so what you see and read is what you get.....Can I sing now..:cheesy:

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 4:46 AM, Jingthing said:

I can't be bothered.

But I'll go further.

I predict transam will win POTY. 

It's that kind of year. :sorry:

Yep ... he's the guy for me ..hopefully he won't be banned at the crucial time ...

They said if you   are serious about winning POTY you should have hair, cos most folk of your age don't....OK..I will try it..

..18990_442761979143491_268482737_n.jpg.The cost...?.........."HOW MUCH".................:shock1:

Soooooooo, I just settled for the ol' guys Gym work....Weeell, Vin Diesel ain't got hair.....The new me and the same ol' Mrs.Trans...:giggle:

New Terry.jpg