2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

44 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

In my experience, heading into the darkness only makes things darker and helps nothing.:smile:

Without passion, one cannot dream. You may be ruled by illusion without realizing it. Do not let it disrupt the growth of your myth. Where there is suffering, purpose cannot thrive.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

In my experience, heading into the darkness only makes things darker and helps nothing.:smile:

Choice is the driver of karma.

To engage with the mission is to become one with it. We live, we believe, we are reborn.

By evolving, we believe.

37 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Without passion, one cannot dream. You may be ruled by illusion without realizing it. Do not let it disrupt the growth of your myth. Where there is suffering, purpose cannot thrive.

Oi! Don't give away the tricks of the trade!

14 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Perhaps this question should be asked to all the candidates,

"If you could only give a foreigner one piece of advice about living in Thailand, what would it be?"

Clearly that would depend on who the foreigner was.  There is no one size fits all and much depends on how old you are, your finances, marital status or sexual orientation, interests and aptitudes, education and language ability, and a host of other factors.  Generally I try to stick with encouragement and steer clear of proclamations about what people should or should not do.

14 minutes ago, geronimo said:

"If you could only give a foreigner one piece of advice about living in Thailand, what would it be?"

Dont believe everything your read on Thailand related websites as most who hand out "advice" dont even live in Thailand ?

15 minutes ago, geronimo said:

'Never give advice. The clever (wo)man doesn't need it and the foolish (wo)man won't take it'.

I trust I can rely on your vote?

41 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I say, marry the first girl that will have you and then invest everything into that relationship.  Repeat when necessary.

On 14/12/2016 at 3:48 AM, NongKhaiKid said:

Maybe the election isn't rigged but as was once said about Chinese elections they do like to know the outcome in advance.   :biggrin:

Q.  Who amongst you will cast the first stone ?

A.  They're lining up !

My old man did some part time work at Happy Valley racecourse in Hong Kong in 1953. The visiting Princess Margaret was introduced to the winning jockey BEFORE the race!:biggrin:

2 hours ago, geronimo said:

Instead of giving a Thai family money for the right to marry their daughter, give a Thai family money for the right NOT to have to marry their daughter.

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Instead of giving a Thai family money for the right to marry their daughter, give a Thai family money for the right NOT to have to marry their daughter.

We can always rely on JLC for the alternative view.

3 hours ago, HooHaa said:

why delete the attribution?  the quote was created by a new age bullshit generator - id rather the whole post be deleted then be thought to sincerely spout such twaddle.

On 14/12/2016 at 7:23 PM, villagefarang said:

Has anyone notice the new addition on our profile pages?  It shows the number of days you had the most liked content. Not being very familiar with some of the top contenders, I had a look at their profile pages and was surprised by some of what I found.  That is how I discovered this new addition.

One thing I find missing with some popular posters is Topics.  They produce popular one liners but never start topics.  Why is that?

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 7.06.34 PM.jpg

Fair point but some of us are restricted by time as not all of us are retired. I've been a member 6 months less than you and haven't reached 1.000 posts yet. I do enjoy the forum but holding down a full time job do find that all too often work gets in the way :biggrin:.

1 minute ago, freebyrd said:

Fair point but some of us are restricted by time as not all of us are retired. I've been a member 6 months less than you and haven't reached 1.000 posts yet. I do enjoy the forum but holding down a full time job do find that all too often work gets in the way :biggrin:.

Thanks for your honest response.  I can imagine work would get in the way. I was referring more to those who clearly have the time to run up a huge post count but never take the time to start a topic or contribute new material. 

1 minute ago, villagefarang said:

Thanks for your honest response.  I can imagine work would get in the way. I was referring more to those who clearly have the time to run up a huge post count but never take the time to start a topic or contribute new material. 

A sensible reply as always. Thanks. Now I had best get back to the coalface :cowboy:.

8 hours ago, Ron19 said:

LEADER BOARD

115       Members have voted

422       Votes cast

3,237    Views

199       Replies

16/12/2016

transam 28
5.35am NongKhaiKid 25
  villagefarang 24
  Naam 22
  craigt3365 21
  GuestHouse 14
  ratcatcher 14
  geriatrickid 12
  elgordo38 12
  NeverSure 11
  worgeordie 11

pgrahmm

and the wooden spoon race. who is leading that?