2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are new to the competition, it always starts out nice and polite, but as the closing date nears, personal information is dug up and circulated. Nancy can testify to this, as her cat and hubby have never been the same since her family was subjected to the constant barracking of some members. CCTV was installed outside her house, and her every movement was known by some candidates (no names mentioned), and untrue stories involving cat litter and cucumber sandwiches were released.

2 hours ago, geronimo said:

Perhaps this question should be asked to all the candidates,

"If you could only give a foreigner one piece of advice about living in Thailand, what would it be?"

Everything is 180 degrees off compared to the/your western world....Stay balanced & aware - don't judge, just stay true to your beliefs and both roads usually will end at the same place - just different paths....

Don't go nuts trying to reason/figure it out....Stay flexible.....

A bemused/sideways sense of humor is a must.....Easy place & people to love.....Thai's don't forget ------> good or bad.....

Buy & drive a car - you'll live longer.....

Edited by pgrahmm

3 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

one up for election in section one called someone in another thread a 'turd' today. Seems like the quality POTY people are looking for.

It seems one of the candidates is guilty of being human.

1 minute ago, pgrahmm said:

Everything is 180 degrees off compared to the/your western world....Stay balanced & aware - don't judge, just stay true to your beliefs and both roads usually will end at the same place - just different paths....

Don't go nuts trying to reason/figure it out....Stay flexible.....

A bemused/sideways sense of humor is a must.....Easy place & people to love.....Thai's don't forget ------> good or bad.....

Now that WAS a good answer! 

30 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

<snip>I was referring more to those who clearly have the time to run up a huge post count but never take the time to start a topic or contribute new material. 

From the Robert Bolt screenplay for Sir David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia:

Reporter: Lord Allenby ... Could you give me a few words about Colonel Lawrence?

Allenby (smiles a little): What, more words ...?

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

From the Robert Bolt screenplay for Sir David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia:

Reporter: Lord Allenby ... Could you give me a few words about Colonel Lawrence?

Allenby (smiles a little): What, more words ...?

Perhaps JLC could utilise his detection skills to root out the corrupt individuals that affect the results of such elections.

Just now, sipi said:

Vote for pgrahmm and he will share his famous cajun ckicken recipe.

Not only the best, but also the only cajun chicken recipe in the North.

It is rumoured that pgrahmm has solid support in the north, something about free rice for the needy and lots of money in envelopes.

9 minutes ago, geronimo said:

For those of you who are new to the competition, it always starts out nice and polite, but as the closing date nears, personal information is dug up and circulated. Nancy can testify to this, as her cat and hubby have never been the same since her family was subjected to the constant barracking of some members. CCTV was installed outside her house, and her every movement was known by some candidates (no names mentioned), and untrue stories involving cat litter and cucumber sandwiches were released.

That's one of the reason's she tells the store downstairs what to stock....She can avoid the CCTV cams that way.....

Along with the fact that her perennially hapless hubby can't remember what it was he rode the elevator down to get......

Mr Bitey clearly rules the roost (like cats do) putting Mr. Nancy firmly in 3rd....

15 hours ago, baboon said:

I wouldn't know anything about that.

However I can promise the electorate that unlike some people in the world, the Sensational NongKhaiKid and myself, The summit of human thought do not have a track record of popping out of bushes, shouting 'BOO!' and scaring little old ladies...

Why not? Do you not like scaring little old ladies, hearing them squeal and then them falling into a dead faint? Some people are no fun at all  :sad:

:ph34r:

I have to admit I'd rather scare some young ladies out of their panties  but they see me and run away before I get that chance. :shock1:

4 minutes ago, geronimo said:

It is rumoured that pgrahmm has solid support in the north, something about free rice for the needy and lots of money in envelopes.

OOPS -- Computer hiccup.

Edited by JLCrab

I wonder if the newer candidates are aware of the morality contract the winner must sign. 12 months of decent behaviour is demanded by the organisers, and with everyone looking for dirt, you really cannot afford to have any skeletons in the closet. 

6 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Perhaps JLC could utilise his detection skills to root out the corrupt individuals that affect the results of such elections.

What election? In the US, some said if Donald Trump is elected President, they are leaving the country. Some said, if Hillary Clinton is elected President, they are leaving the country. Makes no difference to me -- I already left.

2 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I wonder if the newer candidates are aware of the morality contract the winner must sign. 12 months of decent behaviour is demanded by the organisers, and with everyone looking for dirt, you really cannot afford to have any skeletons in the closet. 

No fears in store for the Sensational NongKhaiKid and myself on that count!

26 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

one up for election in section one called someone in another thread a 'turd' today. Seems like the quality POTY people are looking for.

If you are referring to me, I called a rapist a turd, not another poster.

Get your facts straight.

At the moment I only have 1 definite person on my vote list. The all singing :guitar:, all dancing :wacko:  , fully revved up :stoner: - Trans.

The others I need to consider about a little more. There are some really good (old) posters that I also like. Straight hitting posters.

1 minute ago, WhamBam said:

At the moment I only have 1 definite person on my vote list. The all singing :guitar:, all dancing :wacko:  , fully revved up :stoner: - Trans.

The others I need to consider about a little more. There are some really good (old) posters that I also like. Straight hitting posters.

The Trans support team are warming up I see!

9 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Not only that, I actually did  assist a little old Thai lady cross a busy street (the 108) today.....

Got a nice smile & thank you....Brightened my day.....