2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, geronimo said:

An update ......

Naam is fluid

Neversure is always uncertain

Jsixpack is always one short

Village farang is so happy, there must be a catch

Richard W could be my boss, so no comment there

Canukamuk is running amuk

Nontabury is almost underwater

Pigeon Jake ..... will always find his way home

Smokie 36 isn't telling his age, but he was born in 1936

Worgeordie will give you his regards

Clutchclark is, well, is , well a clutch short of a clark

Elgordo is the only sane Mexican on the list

helpisgood is not going to be here, apparently his car broke down, and no one is willing to assist him

Greenside is far to mellow to care about what happens, he is only concerned with the pee tests on sukhumvit

Paul Catton .... he could be up for the big one, time will tell.

None of these ... Now this guy could actually win!

neverdie is dead

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING NEWS .....

The White House has just announced they are backing smokie, citing no other reason than weed support.

Trump (President Elect) has just announced that he also never inhaled, but would support someone who did!

I must have missed something here, though it is the first year I have looked at this.

There are only 47 nominees, but there must be hundreds of members that post on a regular basis, so what happened to the rest? Was there an elimination round? Or is it restricted to people senior members with thousands of posts?

:passifier:

36 minutes ago, geronimo said:

BREAKING NEWS .....

The White House has just announced they are backing smokie, citing no other reason than weed support.

Trump (President Elect) has just announced that he also never inhaled, but would support someone who did!

Bill also claimed Monica never swallowed, so that would have put her on a par with the rest of us, who just would not swallow that

I volunteer my services as an "elector" (Faithless or otherwise) in the event TV is using the "Electoral College" system to determine the winner.

I promise to use my electoral vote however I chose, regardless of the actual popular outcome, unless I don't, in which case I may (possibly) vote in a different manner. Or not. 

7 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I must have missed something here, though it is the first year I have looked at this.

There are only 47 nominees, but there must be hundreds of members that post on a regular basis, so what happened to the rest? Was there an elimination round? Or is it restricted to people senior members with thousands of posts?

:passifier:

There was a nomination round.

12 hours ago, villagefarang said:

Has anyone notice the new addition on our profile pages?  It shows the number of days you had the most liked content. Not being very familiar with some of the top contenders, I had a look at their profile pages and was surprised by some of what I found.  That is how I discovered this new addition.

One thing I find missing with some popular posters is Topics.  They produce popular one liners but never start topics.  Why is that?

Shy, afraid, a desire to be seen as an expert overseer perhaps, lack of original ideas, followers not leaders perhaps - many possible reasons.

The Likes System is not a good measure of posting quality or value, in many cases it means simply being the first poster in a thread to make an observation that's obvious or a little bit humorous, frequently it needs be neither.

36 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Shy, afraid, a desire to be seen as an expert overseer perhaps, lack of original ideas, followers not leaders perhaps - many possible reasons.

The Likes System is not a good measure of posting quality or value, in many cases it means simply being the first poster in a thread to make an observation that's obvious or a little bit humorous, frequently it needs be neither.

What value a "like" if one doesn't have the choice to express "dislike" similarly.

13 hours ago, villagefarang said:

Has anyone notice the new addition on our profile pages?  It shows the number of days you had the most liked content. Not being very familiar with some of the top contenders, I had a look at their profile pages and was surprised by some of what I found.  That is how I discovered this new addition.

One thing I find missing with some popular posters is Topics.  They produce popular one liners but never start topics.  Why is that?

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

While I agree the “like” system is flawed, it still provides more feedback than no system at all.  With a modicum of effort one can easily discern the reason for a like being given, as you have pointed out.  

Some posters make a big deal about how they don’t care what others think and how much more manly they are for not caring.  Clearly they do care what people think or they wouldn’t be trying so hard to sell that particular self-image of being the superior tough-guy.  People who don’t care and don’t want to influence the opinions of others, simply don’t waste their time on social media, in my opinion.

Maybe it is just me but I am more admiring of those who produce original content as opposed to those who simply take cheap shots at others.  That probably makes me very boring in the eyes of many.

Edited by villagefarang