Giving candy to a homeless person

Hal65

I used to stay at Dynasty Inn on Suk Soi 3 about 15 years ago.  There was a spot to the right of the entrance that always had a woman begging.  After a while I saw it was 2 women, one who worked daytime, the other evenings.  I saw they did pretty well, so they didn't need me.  The evening woman wore a ragged dress and made this facial expression like she had just been dragged from hell, did this thing with her mouth that made her look like she had only one tooth, and did a very deferential wye to every farang that passed her. Then one day around sunset I saw the evening woman as she was arriving for her shift, wearing decent clothes and her face not in the usual contortions.  She recognized me and saw that I sussed her out, and if looks could kill....

Most of the people who beg on the streets in Asia have to pay off a Fagin-type person.

14 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I used to stay at Dynasty Inn on Suk Soi 3 about 15 years ago.  There was a spot to the right of the entrance that always had a woman begging.  After a while I saw it was 2 women, one who worked daytime, the other evenings.  I saw they did pretty well, so they didn't need me.  The evening woman wore a ragged dress and made this facial expression like she had just been dragged from hell, did this thing with her mouth that made her look like she had only one tooth, and did a very deferential wye to every farang that passed her. Then one day around sunset I saw the evening woman as she was arriving for her shift, wearing decent clothes and her face not in the usual contortions.  She recognized me and saw that I sussed her out, and if looks could kill....

Most of the people who beg on the streets in Asia have to pay off a Fagin-type person.

I am certain, among the beggers, there are the scammers and con

artists, as there are with all charitable organizations.  I also believe

a lot of truly unfortunate people are in desperate need.  If you must

give up Your dignity and self respect, especially in Thailand, where

the lose of Face is so important, I feel this is out of necessity for

most of these people, I help as often as I can...."There but for

fortune......."

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 4:30 PM, possum1931 said:

If it's the same guy I'm thinking about, there have been reports about him riding a motorbike to and from his "work".

I see the man with one leg and sitting in a wheel chair corner of Soi 4 and Sukhumvit

Road riding home on a motorbike too.