Phuket Airport uses terminal screening for checked baggage in international terminal

webfact

Phuket Airport uses terminal screening for checked baggage in international terminal

BANGKOK, 15 December 2016 (NNT) – Phuket Airport will be changing its security measures for checked baggage in its international terminal, opting for terminal screening to increase confidence among passengers and entrepreneurs. 

Airports of Thailand (AOT) Director Mr. Nitinai Sirisamatthakarn revealed that Phuket Airport will be changing its security measure for checked baggage and instead use terminal screenings through the use of additional Conventional X-Ray and Walk Through Metal Detectors (WTMD), and the airport will also adjust the international terminal's designated entrances and exits. 

The new procedures will commence from 15 December 2016 onwards, starting at 8.00 a.m. 

Initial changes could cause inconvenience for the international terminal's third floor, so passengers are asked to arrive at least three hours prior to their boarding time. The changes will however elevate the airport's to meet the standards of international aviation and the AOT’s security measures.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-12-15

2 hours ago, webfact said:

opting for terminal screening to increase confidence among passengers

Having yet another queue to stand in at an airport is more likely to increase my frustration levels than my confidence.

I know terrorists bombed check-in lines at Brussels, but moving security checks to the Terminal entrance, and creating bottlenecks there, is not solving the problem just giving it a different setting.

" so passengers are asked to arrive at least three hours prior to their boarding time. "

Maybe they should come the night before, just in case...... Just as long as though don't spend time on the beach and risk the death penalty under the Aviation Act!!! Where do they find clowns like this to run airports?

46 minutes ago, Belzybob said:

" so passengers are asked to arrive at least three hours prior to their boarding time. "

Maybe they should come the night before, just in case...... Just as long as though don't spend time on the beach and risk the death penalty under the Aviation Act!!! Where do they find clowns like this to run airports?

Clowns maybe, but with a 20 billion baht profit this year, they must be doing something right.

Ooops, forgot, it's an absolute monopoly!

Personally I hated queuing outside the airport before, especially when travelling with hand luggage, and I'd often use the Arrivals area to enter the airport then go up the stairs. I wonder whether a similar option will be available at the new terminal?