Obama "vows retaliation" against Russia

rooster59

Obama "vows retaliation" against Russia

606x341_352539.jpg

Barack Obama says the US will take action against Russia over claims of its involvement in the country’s recent presidential election.

The US president made the statement in a national radio interview.

What Obama said

“I think there is no doubt that when any foreign government tries to impact the integrity of our elections, we need to take actions and we will.”

“At a time and a place of our choosing. Some of it my be explicit and publicised, some of it may not be. Mr Putin is well aware of my feelings about this, because I spoke to him directly about it.”

The claims

Three US officials have said Russian President Vladimir Putin supervised his intelligence agencies’ hacking of the US presidential election.

They turned it from a general attempt to discredit American democracy to an effort to help Donald Trump, it is claimed.

What has Russia said?

Russian officials have denied accusations of interference in the US election.

What has Donald Trump said?

The US president-elect is angry.

He says he won the November the 8th election fairly.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-17

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comments:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/16/politics/russia-hacking-allegations-mikheil-saakashvili/index.html

Ex-Soviet states tell US 'I told you so' over Russia hacking allegations

Latvian government agencies come under frequent cyber attacks and other forms of hsybrid warfare that he believes originate from Russia, he said.

"For me, it's déjà vu," former Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili told CNN.

"In 2012, they (Russia) were heavily involved in Georgian elections. 

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

The GOP congress has to decide to side with the Pres they hate  and stand up against Russia or cave and stand with the trump and let Russia continue it's cyber-warfare. They pretty well sold themselves out in this election. 

7 minutes ago, captspectre said:

OH MY! what's he going to do? hit them with his purse? and with less than two months to do he might even throw ice cream at the bad, bad, russians!

what a wuss!

Obama is just one part of the equation.  Many leading these investigations will still be around, in positions of power.  And politicians on both sides of the isle are upset about this.   Democrats included:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/07/politics/lindsey-graham-democrats-investigations-russia-hacking/index.html

Lindsey Graham, Democrats plan probes of Russia hacking

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Didn't David win that battle?  LOL

Maybe, but he won't be victorious in this one.

What is all the fuss about - Obama said that he wanted his government to be more transparent than any before. Surely, releasing information that should be out there in the public domain is a good thing regards this. If Clinton had nothing to hide she needn't worry. If what was revealed caused her to lose the election when she was absolutely nailed on to win it, then what was revealed in those emails must have been more than a tad dodgy!! Everything about her was dodgy anyway (especially her scam foundation) and I am glad that Trump won and seems to hold little regard for all of the 'president speak' nonsense. 

Let us have a conviction President that is not subservient to big pharma, big food and corporate interests.

It's disturbing to notice that Trump supporters would rather back Putin than Obama in this case. 

D. Trump will not be only POTUS, as Commander in chief you would expect him to raise his concern at the appropriate level, it's not just about himself and his ego, it's about America.

But as many of his supporters constantly reply : he won and that's all.

23 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

Maybe, but he won't be victorious in this one.

What is all the fuss about - Obama said that he wanted his government to be more transparent than any before. Surely, releasing information that should be out there in the public domain is a good thing regards this. If Clinton had nothing to hide she needn't worry. If what was revealed caused her to lose the election when she was absolutely nailed on to win it, then what was revealed in those emails must have been more than a tad dodgy!! Everything about her was dodgy anyway (especially her scam foundation) and I am glad that Trump won and seems to hold little regard for all of the 'president speak' nonsense. 

Let us have a conviction President that is not subservient to big pharma, big food and corporate interests.

No government is transparent with regards to security.  There's lots of information that will never be released.  And should never be in the public domain.  Same with private messages of the DNC.  It's not up to some hacker to determine what should be public and what shouldn't.  Especially with regards to a private organization. 

You think Trump is not subservient to corporate interests?  Seriously?  He is a corporate interest! LOL

Obama said it best that he talk directly to Putin over his concerns about Russian interference. Obama said he told Putin to "cut it out".  Glad to see the President of the United States stand up and make things crystal clear. I imagine Putin went back to his wife quite upset.

What Russia did in this U.S. election was an act of war. The USA and Russia are in conflict. trump will get that before too long even though arguably he will be president because of Putin. I don't see trump as a Russian agent. I see him as a naive MORON (with show business talent) way out of his league now.

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, Jingthing said:

What Russia did in this U.S. election was an act of war. The USA and Russia are in conflict. trump will get that before too long even though arguably he is president because of Putin.

So you think Obama should retaliate with nuclear weapons?

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What Russia did in this U.S. election was an act of war. The USA and Russia are in conflict. trump will get that before too long even though arguably he will be president because of Putin. I don't see trump as a Russian agent. I see him as a naive MORON (with show business talent) way out of his league now.

yeah....i wish we all knew that before 8 years of the obamas'........good riddance shill boy!

3 minutes ago, Linzz said:

I'm just wondering what kind of retaliation Obama should take if as you say it's an act of war.

It's a difficult question.

Putin is an enemy of liberal democracy all over the world, and has succeeded in damaging the liberal democracy in the U.S. Now it's trump to finish it off for him.

As Putin runs a dictatorship, you can't really counterattack him in an exactly proportional way. He will be there for life. Everyone knows that. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

where is the evidence/proof that Russia hacked the US election? 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's a difficult question.

Putin is an enemy of liberal democracy all over the world, and has succeeded in damaging the the liberal democracy in the U.S. Now it's trump to finish it off for him.

As Putin runs a dictatorship, you can't really counterattack him in an exactly proportional way. He will be there for life. Everyone knows that. 

Well everyone doesn't know that but everyone assumes that. Yes that's what I assumed too before I looked it up in Wikipedia which says: "The president is elected directly through a popular vote to a six-year term. The law prohibits anyone from ever being elected to the presidency for a third consecutive term."  Is this not what you guys are now calling for? Election by popular vote? Certainly not there for life.

Edited by Linzz

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

No government is transparent with regards to security.  There's lots of information that will never be released.  And should never be in the public domain.  Same with private messages of the DNC.  It's not up to some hacker to determine what should be public and what shouldn't.  Especially with regards to a private organization. 

You think Trump is not subservient to corporate interests?  Seriously?  He is a corporate interest! LOL

If the DNC is considered a private organization with its own prerogatives to act as it chooses, whether ethically or not, with no ramifications and not seen as an integral part of the "election process"; how does what Russia did to them differ from what the North Koreans did to Sony US?

Putin has be quaking in his boots after such tough words from the man who can't even protect his own citizens from being killed by his police force.

All this from a country that I'm sure doesn't hack into it's own  & it's security forces have never ever hacked into any other countries business.

Such empty shallow words that should be pulled up by the west's sycophantic Obama-loving press.

Trump's been right about the press who are like spolt brats who throw their toy's out of the pram when they get things wrong as we've seen with the UK press in recent months as well.

One thing in Barack's favour imo is that at least he's not a war criminal unlike his predecessor who should be up on charges in the Hague with his poodle Tony B liar.

All just my opinion of course & not meant to offend.

This is how hypocritical  Obama is. He used your taxpayer money to interfere with the Israeli elections

The State Department paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in last year’s Israeli parliamentary elections, a congressional investigation concluded.

" In one stunning finding, the subcommittee said OneVoice even told the State Department’s top diplomat in Jerusalem of its plans in an email, but the official, Consul General Michael Ratney, claims never to have seen them.

He said he regularly deleted emails with large attachments — a striking violation of open-records laws for a department already reeling from former Secretary Hillary Clinton’s handling of official government records."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

Edited by Linzz