Boy, 12, 'tried to bomb' German Christmas market, City Hall

rooster59

Boy, 12, 'tried to bomb' German Christmas market, City Hall

606x341_352590.jpg

A 12-year-old boy tried to detonate a bomb at a Christmas market in the western town of Ludwigshafen, German prosecutors have said.

Judicial sources cited by Focus magazine said the German born child of Iraqi heritage was ‘strongly radicalised’ and reportedly instructed by a member of the so-called Islamic State.

Officials confirmed they were investigating the case, but declined to comment on the details.

“The 12-year-old who is being accused of having planned a bomb attack in Ludwigshafen, is being held at a safe place. Therefore he doesn’t currently pose a security risk. The responsible authorities are collectively looking for longer lasting solution,” Mayor of Ludwigshafen Dr. Ewa Lohse said in a press conference.

The boy is below the age of criminal responsibility, meaning no formal proceedings have been launched against him.

Local residents were shocked by the news: “Is this a new way to carry out catastrophes like this, with minors? It’s a disgrace,” one man at the market told a reporter.

The child allegedly planted a homemade device at the market in November which failed to detonate, and then planted another device a few days later at the town hall.

The country is on high alert after being targeted in terror attacks by supporters of ISIL in July.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-17

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The responsible authorities are collectively looking for longer lasting solution,” Mayor of Ludwigshafen Dr. Ewa Lohse said in a press conference.

The longer lasting solution is to round them all up and ship them back to whichever rat hole they came from 

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The boy is below the age of criminal responsibility, meaning no formal proceedings have been launched against him.

change the laws about terrorism to include children

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the German born child of Iraqi heritage was ‘strongly radicalised’

Parents have responsibility

2 hours ago, Caps said:

The responsible authorities are collectively looking for longer lasting solution,” Mayor of Ludwigshafen Dr. Ewa Lohse said in a press conference.

The longer lasting solution is to round them all up and ship them back to whichever rat hole they came from 

He was born in Germany

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Why holding him in a safe place ? 

Lleave him out to the people and see what will happen, once they know his face

Germans aren't Brits,they believe in the rule of law. He definitely ought to be removed from his parents and they ought to be sent back to Iraq, since neither of them are of German blood he doesn't have German citizenship either which means he could be sent back as well

Arrest his parents - they obviously knew what he was up to, because they radicalised him. Re-educate the child and confront the baselessness of his ideology directly. He could grow up to see the error of his ways and become a useful citizen, and used as a tool to de-radicalise other children,

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

He was born in Germany

I said round them all up, i did not mention him, it was to the 'longer lasting solution comment, hence I put it in bold....read the post 

5 hours ago, Deli said:

Why holding him in a safe place ? 

Lleave him out to the people and see what will happen, once they know his face

Probably not much would happen, as there are way more civilized people than yourself out there!

4 hours ago, impulse said:

At the risk of being bashed, I'd point out that approximately 4,299,999 Muslims in Germany (1.9MM of them German citizens) didn't try to bomb anything that day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Germany

and the deafening sound of the silent Muslim majority who are not really bothered enough to root out the radicals....

5 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

and the deafening sound of the silent Muslim majority who are not really bothered enough to root out the radicals....

Gotta admit, I haven't been too diligent about rooting out church burning KKK members or those militia guys in Idaho and Michigan, or any of the drug cartels, either.  Though I do find their actions to be despicable.

I enjoy breathing.  Probably not unlike the 4,299,999 Muslims in Germany who didn't participate in the bombing.

Edited by impulse

At the risk of being bashed, I'd point out that approximately 4,299,999 Muslims in Germany (1.9MM of them German citizens) didn't try to bomb anything that day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Germany

Maybe, just maybe, were they too busy eradicating Muslim extremism within their own communities. Making Germany a safer place for ALL citizens.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

Maybe, just maybe, were they too busy eradicating Muslim extremism within their own communities. Making Germany a safer place for ALL citizens.

What do you think?

I'm more inclined to believe they were going about their daily lives and hoping the crazies (of all ilks) don't kill them next- pretty much like the rest of us.

15 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

Muslim organizations in Germany unite against terror

http://www.dw.com/en/muslim-organizations-in-germany-unite-against-terror/a-18853335

I don’t imagine it’s that much different to Australia where Federal Police claim a lot of intelligence from the Muslim community

http://www.dw.com/en/muslim-organizations-in-germany-unite-against-terror/a-18853335

I don’t imagine it’s that much different to Australia where Federal Police claim a lot of intelligence from the Muslim community

"After the attacks in Paris, the eight largest Muslim religious organizations in Germany condemned the actions through a joint statement and declared their position against the discrimination of refugees."

Unite against terror and the murder of European citizens or unite against the potential consequences for illegal immigrants and refugees." Lol

Very good

46 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

"After the attacks in Paris, the eight largest Muslim religious organizations in Germany condemned the actions through a joint statement and declared their position against the discrimination of refugees."

Unite against terror and the murder of European citizens or unite against the potential consequences for illegal immigrants and refugees." Lol

Very good

Try reading and comprehending the entire article instead of negative & dullard right of centre reactionary spin.

New Trump appointee, Monica Crowley, wrote "only a fraction of the refugees pouring into Europe from Syria were fleeing “war and persecution.” Most, she wrote, were from “Middle East, North Africa and countries like Pakistan and Indonesia who are using the European Union’s open doors-open borders policy to reach the West for social welfare and the longer-term goal of spreading Islam.” 

I don't doubt this at all.

32 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

New Trump appointee, Monica Crowley, wrote "only a fraction of the refugees pouring into Europe from Syria were fleeing “war and persecution.” Most, she wrote, were from “Middle East, North Africa and countries like Pakistan and Indonesia who are using the European Union’s open doors-open borders policy to reach the West for social welfare and the longer-term goal of spreading Islam.” 

I don't doubt this at all.

Another supporter of conspiracy theories hired by Trump. Crowley is a wingnut fact free person, in her case compounded by being on the Board of a lonney tune far right policy think tank.. Some background info...

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/16/politics/kfile-monica-crowley-huma-abedin/

9 hours ago, Caps said:

I said round them all up, i did not mention him, it was to the 'longer lasting solution comment, hence I put it in bold....read the post 

Collar the lot as Churchill once said. That would include Turks as well since they to are Muslim and a huge part of the labour force, in the work place at least they are well integrated and they don't tend to throw bombs. In Germany you have to go to a court of law to throw someone out, rather a long procedure, apart from all the international ramifications. As an export nation Germany depends on the good will of the international community, rather like America before Trump who now seeks to break all the plates in the shop, I cant see Germany doing that.

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

Intelligence often comes from relevant groups. That the way it works. It doesn't necessarily say a whole lot about attitudes.