Should I buy a new Ford Ecosport

SWEYNE67

Hi JAS 21 the link was provided by Ford here I never got to download the full manual as the printer jammed after 100 pages and the link fell out

I you want I will try and find contact me at stephenbanister@)hotmail.com

They have promised a hard copy but not holding my breath

On 19/12/2016 at 9:36 AM, StevieAus said:

This might be slightly off topic but after buying new Toyota's for more than 30 years both in Australia and Thailand and having no problems plus great service, four months ago I bought a new Ford Everest Titanium in Chiang Mai

I am happy with the car but the after sales service has been appalling.

It took an email to the US to get any action and if you want a handbook you have to download the several hundred pages from the internet.

Perhaps in other provinces they understand the meaning of the words "customer service".

I think they all have their off moments as it took me 2 months and 3 trips to the Toyota dealer to get an English version handbook for my Fortuna. On two of those visits I was asked to supply a signed copy of my passport which I found a bit bizarre just to get a car handbook.

Google e85 and Ford Ecosport and you will see a pdf to download ... that should answer part of your question.

Hopefully those with practical experience will follow.

The 2017 facelift as mentioned earlier shouldn't be that far away ...

just took our 3rd or 4th look at the EcoSport. To support the negative comments about its problems, I talked to our service manager. His advice was - 'you will be disappointed - do not' . Now that's jai dee for you! Happy Christmas to one and all. a friend bought a low mileage 2012 Escape for 460,000 baht. That is not only amazing value, but also - it  has put me off buying a new Ford ever again.

• Like 1

just took our 3rd or 4th look at the EcoSport. To support the negative comments about its problems, I talked to our service manager. His advice was - 'you will be disappointed - do not' . Now that's jai dee for you! Happy Christmas to one and all. a friend bought a low mileage 2012 Escape for 460,000 baht. That is not only amazing value, but also - it  has put me off buying a new Ford ever again.

The Ecosport is the only lemon in the Ford range here. The rest are best in class and fine vehicles.

On 12/20/2016 at 0:35 PM, SWEYNE67 said:

The 2016 Ford Ecosport is said to be able to use the nice and cheap fuel E85. Sounds good but does it reduce the car's performance noticeably? And  I've read it can cause long term damage to the fuel system?

E85 is cheap, but the lower mileage you get from it, eats up the savings and then some, in my experience anyway. I tested this a couple of times with my Mazda 3 (2015). Did not notice any real performance difference to E20 or even 95, but no savings either. Just more trips to the gas station.

On 12/21/2016 at 9:33 AM, nahkit said:

I think they all have their off moments as it took me 2 months and 3 trips to the Toyota dealer to get an English version handbook for my Fortuna. On two of those visits I was asked to supply a signed copy of my passport which I found a bit bizarre just to get a car handbook.

That perky passport thing.    I wonder why Thailand has such a fixation on getting a copy of a passport.    What the heck do they do with them?

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

does it have GPS navigation now?

No it does not still!

Still waiting updated Ecosport in Thailand? when? Most other countries have now updated model? no information when coming to Thailand. Update model will have Sync 3 - can run display phone maps through USB on display screen?

Why not use Sygic - best GPS app - small fee - runs through phone easy - best display/maps?

If you have inbuilt dash GPS exspensive 20-40k install and not up to date maps?

Edited by Martinpeter

On 12/20/2016 at 6:49 PM, overherebc said:

And to think my other car 42 years old with a bog standard 3 speed changes gear smoothly up or down and by reading a few books and googles you can actually adjust and fix things yourself.

All these double clutches, traction controls might be good idea for F1 cars but in my mind car companies love them,

A. as a marketting tool.

B. as a way of gouging more money out of a gullible public.ĺ

Just out of interest, what make and model and how many kms? Always handy to know of any car that can last like that.

30 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Just out of interest, what make and model and how many kms? Always handy to know of any car that can last like that.

Mercedes. I've had it for the last 20 years.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Mercedes. I've had it for the last 20 years.

OK, that makes sense. Good going and obviously well looked after. I had a 1987 W124 from new that would only be 31 now! Sold it after 5 years with 137k kms on it but still felt new.

1 hour ago, rhodie said:

OK, that makes sense. Good going and obviously well looked after. I had a 1987 W124 from new that would only be 31 now! Sold it after 5 years with 137k kms on it but still felt new.

Those were the days when the cars were factory tested before they left for the showroom. Now it's straight out of the factory to the showroom and the buyers feed back determines the changes and corrections required to 'ensure' reliability.

In addition 'black fingernail' mechanics are disappearing. Now it's stick a multi-pin connector into a port and the computer will tell you which bit to replace.

In a world that is slowly being poisoned by plastic waste, untreated sewage, and all the other chemical sh-t that's dumped all over the planet people boast that 'my car produces 0.OO1% less CO2 than yours'  blah blah blah.

Give me a big V8 or straight 6 at least 3 litre preferrably with a manual gearbox.  CAR. ?? FUN ?? HAPPINESS. ??

Edit.

You can disconnect the vacuum lead to the distributor as well, all it does is change the timing on tickover to reduce emissions.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Fix Or Repair Daily. There's a clue in that acronym.

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Many of those about.

Anyone got the courage to post the Pontiac one???? ??

Mainly Garbage.

Edited by overherebc

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Many of those about.

Anyone got the courage to post the Pontiac one???? ??

Mainly Garbage.

Yes, build HP and wipe out/spin big ends.....bored.gif.86a4768981a7f665be81e0f4cc1520c0.gif

But, that can be solved....:thumbsup: