Only 2 Visa Exempt Entries At Border Crossings Per Calendar Year Effective Dec 31st

24 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Yes, not been a member long but I suggest you don't ever take me for an idiot. Sometimes it can be a help to consider just who you maybe talking too here and what there background maybe or may have been :smile:

I think that you will find that, on here, you will be judged by the content of your posts rather than background or perceived reputation.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I have never (so far) in 8 years been asked to show a ticket when getting a visa.   My visas so far have been from Laos, Hong Kong or the UK.   

Perhaps there are places that are stricter, but those 3 places no problem.

I've also never been asked by Immigration for financial proof or a ticket either but I think I'll start carrying the 10K and a ticket from one of these services just in case.

Sorry to make things a bit confusing here. In an earlier comment I compared the Thai situation with the Indonesian. The Indo immigration has become a lot stricter and actually now often checks for onward tickets. I too have never experienced this in Thailand but things can always change of course.

That being said, the Thai consulate in Bali does require an onward ticket and a bank statement to apply for a visa. Good to know in case you ever apply there.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I think that you will find that, on here, you will be judged by the content of your posts rather than background or perceived reputation.

Oh yes, I realise that but thanks for pointing it out anyway. I also realise that the majority like a Fairy story as long as it has a happy ending and it's what they like to hear. Of course though, it has absolutely no bearing on whether or not it is true. :smile:
I just hope I can sleep tonight with the worry of it all. :smile:
Have a wonderful evening.

11 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

Sorry to make things a bit confusing here. In an earlier comment I compared the Thai situation with the Indonesian. The Indo immigration has become a lot stricter and actually now often checks for onward tickets. I too have never experienced this in Thailand but things can always change of course.

That being said, the Thai consulate in Bali does require an onward ticket and a bank statement to apply for a visa. Good to know in case you ever apply there.

Yes good to know where they are stricter with the rules. 

Helps everyone.  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Yes good to know where they are stricter with the rules. 

Helps everyone.  Thanks.

Is an onward ticket really a deterrent to someone who's going to commit crimes, work illegally, or overstay? They're only like $50.

It seems a lazy non-fix that inconveniences others and affects tourism (the Philippines sees less tourists because of this) which takes money away from small businesses. Must be better ways for countries to go about things. 

Edited by jspill
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, seancbk said:

What doesn't go over well is when someone says they will go and tell Immigration about something that may or may not be a loophole that people could use to come here, in order to see if Immigration are aware of it and is it legal. 

Why you'd want to do something that could potentially spoil a good thing for a lot of people is beyond me. 

Also veiled threats about not assuming who someone is or what their background is, that is also not a very friendly thing to do is it.   

We are all just trying to live, work, have fun, or whatever it is we are here for......  no Farang should ever do anything to mess with another farangs ability to come and stay here, unless there is a very very good reason.   

Far better to support each other.

Absolutely no offense but I'm reading two assumptions here. First one that Jip99 LoveThailandElite has the intention to spoil a supposed loophole for everyone, and the second one that immigration doesn't know about it yet nor can't read an English forum full of comments from people in which they describe what they claim are loopholes in every detail. I'm sure neither assumption is correct.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any person who wants to verify with the autorities if what they want to do is according to the law. Better yet, it is the correct thing to do and in my opinion trumps the intention to help each other to go around or bend the rules. Again, no offense, just my humble opinion.

Edited by AgentSmith
  • Like 1

I think I will actually ask Immigration if this Flyonward is legal next time I pop in there. I am a bit confused you see as it states it's not actually a ticket to fly and shouldn't actually be used. I will print one out for them, take it in with me and get them to check Flyonward.com out and see what they say. Should be interesting to get an opinion.

Why?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:
10 minutes ago, seancbk said:

What doesn't go over well is when someone says they will go and tell Immigration about something that may or may not be a loophole that people could use to come here, in order to see if Immigration are aware of it and is it legal. 

Why you'd want to do something that could potentially spoil a good thing for a lot of people is beyond me. 

Also veiled threats about not assuming who someone is or what their background is, that is also not a very friendly thing to do is it.   

We are all just trying to live, work, have fun, or whatever it is we are here for......  no Farang should ever do anything to mess with another farangs ability to come and stay here, unless there is a very very good reason.   

Absolutely no offense but I'm reading two assumptions here. First one that Jip99 has the intention to spoil a supposed loophole for everyone, and the second one that immigration doesn't know about it yet nor can't read an English forum full of comments from people in which they describe what they claim are loopholes in every detail. I'm sure neither assumption is correct.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any person who wants to verify with the autorities if what they want to do is according to the law. Better yet, it is the correct thing to do and in my opinion trumps the intention to help each other to go around or bend the rules. Again, no offense, just my humble opinion.

Where did you get the idea that Jip99 had anything to do with reporting it to Immigration?    I was replying to LoveThailandElite.   In reference to his earlier post quoted below.

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I think I will actually ask Immigration if this Flyonward is legal next time I pop in there. I am a bit confused you see as it states it's not actually a ticket to fly and shouldn't actually be used. I will print one out for them, take it in with me and get them to check Flyonward.com out and see what they say. Should be interesting to get an opinion.

And then to his comment to Jspill  which sounded a bit like a veiled threat (maybe wasnt),  again quoted below.

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:
1 hour ago, jspill said:

It's been around a while. You only just joined Thaivisa but there are many people like you here who I'm sure will have reported it to immigration in the past. I don't think it's going anywhere as it's indistinguishable from a real ticket but good luck. 

Yes, not been a member long but I suggest you don't ever take me for an idiot. Sometimes it can be a help to consider just who you maybe talking too here and what there background maybe or may have been :smile:

24 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Hold on a minute. These tickets are clearly fake. Read why that website was set up. I can't be bothered typing it all out, it's there should you wish to read it. Do you really think it's helping unsuspecting people that really don't know any better being recommended by people who are here bending the rules themselves who really couldn't give a toss if your actually caught trying to obtain a visa with one of these pieces of garbage? When it comes to light, and it will and your the one caught, I assume at the very least you will be charged with fraud. The people recommending these things haven't even got the decency to even say exactly what these things are and think its clever. They seem quite convinced they are perfectly legal, so lets find out once and for all. You say to me we are all here to help each other? Do you not think it's helping attempting to stop people being in a world of shit when this all go's wrong?  I tell you what will come next here when all this Flyonward garbage go's wrong and that will mostly likely be a return ticket needed back to your own country where your passport is registered in order to get another visa. People here find it impossible to do things right and continue to exploit anyway and anything they can to save £40 and you wonder why things continue to go from bad to worse?

Edited by Lovethailandelite

2 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Where did you get the idea that Jip99 had anything to do with reporting it to Immigration?    I was replying to LoveThailandElite.   In reference to his earlier post quoted below.

Nowhere. It was a simple mistake in nicknames. I corrected my earlier post but stand by the contents.

And then to his comment to Jspill  which sounded a bit like a veiled threat (maybe wasnt),  again quoted below.

It's simple. If you follow the rules you don't need to feel threatened. I will never ever report anything to any authority unless I am somehow personally disadvantaged by someone's actions which is obviously not the case here. But I also do always play the game by the rules because in the long run that simply pays off. That doesn't mean I never cut off corners in the past which is also why I don't judge others who did or still do. But never ever hold your own use of or dependence on loopholes against someone else because that to me is the world upside down.

• Like 2

Hold on a minute. These tickets are clearly fake. Read why that website was set up. I can't be bothered typing it all out, it's there should you wish to read it. Do you really think it's helping unsuspecting people that really don't know any better being recommended by people who are here bending the rules themselves who really couldn't give toss if your actually caught trying to obtain a visa with one of these pieces of garbage? When it come to light, and it will and your the one caught, I assume at the very least you will be charged will fraud. The people recommending these things haven't even got the decency to even say exactly what these things are. They seem quite convinced they are perfectly legal, so lets find out once and for all. You say to me we are all here to help each other? Do you not think it's helping attempting to stop people being in a world of shit when this all go's wrong?  I tell you what will come next here when all this Flyonward garbage go's wrong and that will mostly likely be a return ticket needed back to your own country where your passport is registered in order to get another visa. People here find it impossible to do things right and continue to exploit anyway and anything they can to save £40 and you wonder why things continue to go from bad to worse?

I would never use one these tickets IMO it's better to get a cheap air Asia ticket

But I would never dream of flaging it to immigration to

I suppose it is Technically fraud, but the end result is the same they are both tickets you are not going to use. The best thing to do is not Say anything to imaragtion, or we might end up having to get a return ticket back to our own country like you said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

I would never use one these tickets IMO it's better to get a cheap air Asia ticket

But I would never dream of flaging it to immigration to

I suppose it is Technically fraud, but the end result is the same they are both tickets you are not going to use. The best thing to do is not Say anything to imaragtion, or we might end up having to get a return ticket back to our own country like you said.

I'm still baffled why people shouldn't be allowed to ask officials if something is according to the rules. That's not flagging but simply trying to prevent breaking any rules. There is nothing to lose anyway because if it's not allowed just buy a real ticket. I just checked and the cheapest one is from Krabi to KL for under 900 baht. If that's too much money then how can people afford a life here anyway? Thailand is cheap but not that cheap anymore.

Or get a 100% refundable ticket with any major airline. Book it, get the visa, enter the country and ask for a full refund. They cost a lot more but in the end you don't lose anything. Serieously, people, what's the problem here??

• Like 1

Just to make it clear as it's been mentioned, how telling someone not to take you for an idiot is a threat is something again, I just find amazing. Some people seem to think it's funny to treat others as if they have just come home from the silly school for a lunch break.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Hold on a minute. These tickets are clearly fake. Read why that website was set up. I can't be bothered typing it all out, it's there should you wish to read it. Do you really think it's helping unsuspecting people that really don't know any better being recommended by people who are here bending the rules themselves who really couldn't give toss if your actually caught trying to obtain a visa with one of these pieces of garbage? When it come to light, and it will and your the one caught, I assume at the very least you will be charged will fraud. The people recommending these things haven't even got the decency to even say exactly what these things are. They seem quite convinced they are perfectly legal, so lets find out once and for all. You say to me we are all here to help each other? Do you not think it's helping attempting to stop people being in a world of shit when this all go's wrong?  I tell you what will come next here when all this Flyonward garbage go's wrong and that will mostly likely be a return ticket needed back to your own country where your passport is registered in order to get another visa. People here find it impossible to do things right and continue to exploit anyway and anything they can to save £40 and you wonder why things continue to go from bad to worse?

The Flyonward site makes it very clear what these are for and what the limitations are.  

I've never been asked for an onward tickets (except by the airlines and it as easy to show them I live here, so wasn't an issue).   

But recent reports seem to indicate that people coming in on exemption stamps are being asked to show an onward ticket, also some consulates are asking for them before issuing a tourist visa for Thailand.   

I sometimes have to enter Thailand without a visa as there is no consulate in Macau and I go there every 3 or 6 months to visit my sister and my nephews.   Otherwise I always have a proper tourist visa.    The immigration officers so far, although they question why I have no visa when coming from Macau, are happy to let me in without any hassle once I politely explain there is no Thai consulate there so nowhere to get a visa.   

Sometimes, some of us do not have the available cash to pay for extra flights.   Bearing in mind I live here and so I buy a ticket out and one back in.  

If I had to show an onward ticket I'd have to buy a ticket out, another in and another back out again.  In other words 3 tickets every time I travel.....  not only do I not want to spend the money 90 days before I need to, but I also don't know 90 day in advance which country I'll be flying to.

I doubt I'll use these ticket services anyway, as I've never had to show an onward ticket, but I do see the potential use for them.

Oh, and the target audience is really backpackers, travelling and working online, as bloggers or youtubers, or running ecommerce sites.   They don't want to plan 90 days in advance which country they have to fly to.... they might want to cross and land border in any available direction or fly somewhere completely unexpected. 

Do you think they want to waste a ticket?  

15 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Hold on a minute. These tickets are clearly fake. Read why that website was set up. I can't be bothered typing it all out, it's there should you wish to read it. Do you really think it's helping unsuspecting people that really don't know any better being recommended by people who are here bending the rules themselves who really couldn't give a toss if your actually caught trying to obtain a visa with one of these pieces of garbage? When it comes to light, and it will and your the one caught, I assume at the very least you will be charged with fraud. The people recommending these things haven't even got the decency to even say exactly what these things are and think its clever. They seem quite convinced they are perfectly legal, so lets find out once and for all. You say to me we are all here to help each other? Do you not think it's helping attempting to stop people being in a world of shit when this all go's wrong?  I tell you what will come next here when all this Flyonward garbage go's wrong and that will mostly likely be a return ticket needed back to your own country where your passport is registered in order to get another visa. People here find it impossible to do things right and continue to exploit anyway and anything they can to save £40 and you wonder why things continue to go from bad to worse?

I think Thailand needs someone like you to sort it out. Not. Did you use to work for the council?

• Like 2

I'm still baffled why people shouldn't be allowed to ask officials if something is according to the rules. That's not flagging but simply trying to prevent breaking any rules. There is nothing to lose anyway because if it's not allowed just buy a real ticket. I just checked and the cheapest one is from Krabi to KL for under 900 baht. If that's too much money then how can people afford a life here anyway? Thailand is cheap but not that cheap anymore.

Or get a 100% refundable ticket with any major airline. Book it, get the visa, enter the country and ask for a full refund. They cost a lot more but in the end you don't lose anything. Serieously, people, what's the problem here??

I understand what you are saying and agree with you. But we all probably know it's against the rules. I've looked at the website as I understand there is no way to tell these tickets form the real things. So by asking immigration If it's OK or not is pointless we know it is agents the rules already. They then my turn around and say only ticket back to your own country. There is nothing to gain from Talking to imaragtion.

EDIT I forgot there i don't think there is any 100% refundable tickets you loose the tax which will be more then a cheap air Asia ticket.

• Like 2

Do you think they want to waste a ticket?  

What you see as a waste others (like me) see as nothing but a part of the system and a part of the cost of living here. Again, 900 baht.. And you can probably stay here a total of 60 days on visa exempt (extension included). So that's 1900 baht for the extension and 900 baht for being allowed in. Total 2800 baht or 1400 baht per month. Again, if people can't afford that kind of money then they seriously need to reconsider their plans..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Just to make it clear as it's been mentioned, how telling someone not to take you for an idiot is a threat is something again, I just find amazing. Some people seem to think it's funny to treat others as if they have just come home from the silly school for a lunch break.

I apologise if you took offence.   The tone of your comment and the smiley you added made it look like you were making a veiled threat as if to say "you don't know who I am, so watch out"    Perhaps that was not the intention, in which case I apologise for what I said.

What you said for reference :  Yes, not been a member long but I suggest you don't ever take me for an idiot. Sometimes it can be a help to consider just who you maybe talking too here and what there background maybe or may have been :smile:

• Like 1

Just now, juice777 said:

I understand what you are saying and agree with you. But we all probably know it's against the rules. I've looked at the website as I understand there is no way to tell these tickets form the real things. So by asking immigration If it's OK or not is pointless we know it is agents the rules already. They then my turn around and say only ticket back to your own country. There is nothing to gain from Talking to imaragtion.

There is loads to gain. The Digital Blogger keeps calling me out and saying they are a proper ticket and perfectly legal. I say they are not. Why don't we find out?

8 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

If you asked an official, I guess they would say that each of your suggestions (buying a ticket with no intention to use it, simply to circumvent the regulations) was "breaking the rules".

The poster 'Lovethailandelite' is clearly trolling to raise people's hackles - and succeeding quite nicely.

• Like 2

Just now, seancbk said:

I apologise if you took offence.   The tone of your comment and the smiley you added made it look like you were making a veiled threat as if to say "you don't know who I am, so watch out"    Perhaps that was not the intention, in which case I apologise for what I said.

What you said for reference :  Yes, not been a member long but I suggest you don't ever take me for an idiot. Sometimes it can be a help to consider just who you maybe talking too here and what there background maybe or may have been :smile:

No problem mate and no,it was exactly how I explained. No need for you to apologise as I don't get to excited or bothered about responses I receive on here. I have been in much worse places :smile:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

900 baht is a good deal, normally you're looking at 2000 baht though. 

The 100% refundable ones are very rare, I looked into it because obviously if I can save $10 and spend $0 that'd be nice :) 

There's Orbitz but it's not foolproof sometimes they decline your refund request, and it needs to be an expensive business class rate too. Stings to then get declined. And I think you still lose money to web booking fees that can't be refunded so it's never quite 100%. 

I'm pretty sure lovethailandelite's post was a bit of a troll (that's ok I troll too) if you read his other posts. He doesn't want to check with immigration if it's legal, he wants to alert them that people are using it. 

Of course it's not 'legal' (not really the right word to use). But who cares, if you buy a throwaway ticket to KL and weren't intending to use it anyway, what's the difference. You have been deceptive either way. 

It's basically a silly rule to require onward tickets, they prove nothing. They force deception. 

Edited by jspill
  • Like 2

There is loads to gain. The Digital Blogger keeps calling me out and saying they are a proper ticket and perfectly legal. I say they are not. Why don't we find out?

Not much to gain then

Just now, chickenslegs said:

If you asked an official, I guess they would say that each of your suggestions (buying a ticket with no intention to use it, simply to circumvent the regulations) was "breaking the rules".

The poster 'Lovethailandelite' is clearly trolling to raise people's hackles - and succeeding quite nicely.

Lovethailandelite isn't trolling at all. Lovethailandelite is responding to someone who thinks Lovethailandelite just got off the sunshine bus.

5 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Again that's just your assumption and your interpretation of the rules. The rule here and the only rule in question is that you need an onward ticket. Intentions are never a part of any rule or law. How can they? And even if they were, it's impossible to check those. The only valid argument here could be that there is a law that says you must always possess a valid onward ticket during your stay in the country. I don't think there is. But even if there were that's a whole other matter.

Edited by AgentSmith

2 minutes ago, jspill said:

900 baht is a good deal, normally you're looking at 2000 baht though. 

The 100% refundable ones are very rare, I looked into it because obviously if I can save $10 and spend $0 that'd be nice :)

There's Orbitz but it's not foolproof sometimes they decline your refund request, and it needs to be an expensive business class rate too. Stings to then get declined. 

I'm pretty sure lovethailandelite's post was a bit of a troll (that's ok I troll too) if you read his other posts. He doesn't want to ask immigration if it's legal, he wants so alert them to it's use. 

Of course it's not 'legal' (not really the right word to use). But who cares, if you buy a throwaway ticket to KL and weren't intending to use it anyway, what's the difference. You have been deceptive either way. 

It's basically a silly rule to require onward tickets, they prove nothing. So silly that it's set up for people to be forced into deception. 

So they are not legal now? Amazing. We've gone from Flyonward being perfectly legal and a real ticket to not being legal in under an hour. Fantastic amazing Thailand.
I'm off to bed. Goodnight.

Lovethailandelite isn't trolling at all. Lovethailandelite is responding to someone who thinks Lovethailandelite just got off the sunshine bus.

There is a certain type of person who talks about his self in the third person

These are some I can think of

sadum hassan

The Rock

Jessie the body Venture

Hillter

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

So they are not legal now? Amazing. We've gone from Flyonward being perfectly legal and a real ticket to not being legal in under an hour. Fantastic amazing Thailand.
I'm off to bed. Goodnight.

I never said they are legal. I just said they're a proper ticket booking (that auto cancels). If they check the flight manifest it will show up. I also use them to get into the Philippines (at BKK airport the check in girls require an onward ticket, and they check the number). 

Of course they are against the rules. But it's no different to buying a throwaway ticket you have no intention to use. 

Edited by jspill