Only 2 Visa Exempt Entries At Border Crossings Per Calendar Year Effective Dec 31st

8 minutes ago, jspill said:

900 baht is a good deal, normally you're looking at 2000 baht though. 

I've been able to find international tickets at similar rates for years. Just type in from Thailand to Malaysia (or other country) in Skyscanner and off you go.

The 100% refundable ones are very rare, I looked into it because obviously if I can save $10 and spend $0 that'd be nice :) 

Not sure how rare they are because I never looked into it. I don't care about spending 20 bucks extra. Not even in my not so legal time as a dive instructor here.

There's Orbitz but it's not foolproof sometimes they decline your refund request, and it needs to be an expensive business class rate too. Stings to then get declined. And I think you still lose money to web booking fees that can't be refunded so it's never quite 100%. 

Good point. Just stick to cheap tickets then.

Of course it's not 'legal' (not really the right word to use). But who cares, if you buy a throwaway ticket to KL and weren't intending to use it anyway, what's the difference. You have been deceptive either way. 

It's about _entering_ the country legally which you do, despite intentions or later actions. The law is pretty black and white here. I can say with a certain amount of certainty that especially consulates don't care. They simply follow the same rules as we do when giving out a visa. Just play by the rules and no official will ever give you a hard time. It's just too easy really.

It's basically a silly rule to require onward tickets, they prove nothing. They force deception. 

I agree but that's not really relevant. Rules are rules. I am all against rules that serve no meaning but who am I in a foreign country? I'm a nobody here so I just humbly play by their rules. As soon as people accept reality they too will have a better time.

17 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

There is loads to gain. The Digital Blogger keeps calling me out and saying they are a proper ticket and perfectly legal. I say they are not. Why don't we find out?

Then go on, do it, but for now, for the love of christ, shut the hell up. :violin:

• Like 1

Weird how both websites mentioned show no affiliations or links to partners and the only payment method is PayPal?

One looks like it was cooked up in 10 minutes, the other a little less suspect.

A quick check of domaintools shows both sites histories/registrars etc.

Seems like a small fraud to get over the immigration barrier. Does not seem too harmful unless of course immigration do not take kindly to it. Risk v the cost of an onward ticket is just too high. 

I agree but that's not really relevant. Rules are rules. I am all against rules that serve no meaning but who am I in a foreign country? I'm a nobody here so I just humbly play by their rules. As soon as people accept reality they too will have a better time.

Ive herd reports of people using bus tickets in savannakhet. You can get a bus ticket on Some web sites for about 300THB hat Yai to George Town.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jspill said:

Of course they are against the rules. But it's no different to buying a throwaway ticket you have no intention to use. 

Of course there is s difference.

Throwaway tickets can be used to leave the country, whereas the rented ticket never can be used.

Spin it however you want. These tickets are not valid for the purpose of leaving the country and visas, flights and entry to the country would be denied if the deceit was discovered.

All this talk about Tickets has given me a ideal. I bought a cheap ticket with Airasia to HCMC when Savannakhet bought in the new rules. Now I was going to use it and get my next visa there. But now I am thinking of throwing it away and going back to Savannakhet instead. I just looked on Airasia web site and it says no refunds, no surprises there, but I can change the date up to 48 hours before. So will I be able to change the date and use the same ticket again?

I suppose I can aslong as it allows me to change the date by about 2 months into the future.

Has anyone else done this?

7 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

...So I would still opt for a cheap real ticket and cancel it myself after I entered the country.

Could you give an example(s) of a $20 flight ticket out of Thailand. From where to where?

Could you give an example(s) of a $20 flight ticket out of Thailand. From where to where?

I don't know about $20 But I've seen $30 To Burma. But I read the other say that all low cost airlines are putting there prices up a bit. There is plenty of tickets for about 1200THB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

All this talk about Tickets has given me a ideal. I bought a cheap ticket with Airasia to HCMC when Savannakhet bought in the new rules. Now I was going to use it and get my next visa there. But now I am thinking of throwing it away and going back to Savannakhet instead. I just looked on Airasia web site and it says no refunds, no surprises there, but I can change the date up to 48 hours before. So will I be able to change the date and use the same ticket again?

I suppose I can aslong as it allows me to change the date by about 2 months into the future.

Has anyone else done this?

You can only change the date if the ticket is a flexi fare ticket.

I've done it but the tickets costs more for the flexibility.

2 hours ago, juice777 said:

You need to check the charges for making the change. At least on a cheap ticket, it often costs more than a completely new ticket. It might be worth it if you really want to reschedule a relatively expensive trip, but it is never going to be an economical solution for satisfying the need for an onward flight.

• 4 months later...

I'm from the USA.I recently completed a METV back in June.Instead of applying for a 30 day extension every 60 days I did boarder runs.The day before the visa stamp expired  I did another boarder run(60 days) and then got my 30 day extension,that finished my 6 month METV.Before the extension expired I did another visa exempt entry. Does the last  land boarder run count towards the (2) visa exempt land crossing  per calendar  year rule ?

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

I'm from the USA.I recently completed a METV back in June.Instead of applying for a 30 day extension every 60 days I did boarder runs.The day before the visa stamp expired  I did another boarder run(60 days) and then got my 30 day extension,that finished my 6 month METV.Before the extension expired I did another visa exempt entry. Does the last  land boarder run count towards the (2) visa exempt land crossing  per calendar  year rule ?

The one you mention here " Before the extension expired I did another visa exempt entry. " is a visa exempt entry and thus counts towards the max. 2 visa exempt land crossings.

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The one you mention here " Before the extension expired I did another visa exempt entry. " is a visa exempt entry and thus counts towards the max. 2 visa exempt land crossings.

Thanks Stevenl. Apparently the Lao side thought the last land boarder run I did that was part of the day before  my visa stamp expired, she counted that as  1. Then the one after the extension was 2. I believe she was wrong,as you said I have 1.

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Thanks Stevenl. Apparently the Lao side thought the last land boarder run I did that was part of the day before  my visa stamp expired, she counted that as  1. Then the one after the extension was 2. I believe she was wrong,as you said I have 1.

Since you entered on visa that will not be counted towards visa exempt entry limits.