Mind the Gap - superstar Thai singer ties the knot with Dutch guy twenty years her junior

webfact

Just now, Berkshire said:

So you don't even know this couple, but insists that they're happy?  Whatever.  I predict the guy will become disenchanted in short order. 

With no information to the contrary, I can only go on the smiling faces I see in the photos...

What is amazing is that you don't know this couple yet you can see he will become disenchanted in the future?  Based on what exactly?  Your own unhappiness?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

With no information to the contrary, I can only go on the smiling faces I see in the photos...

What is amazing is that you don't know this couple yet you can see he will become disenchanted in the future?  Based on what exactly?  Your own unhappiness?

You're right, I'm just going by my own personal preferences and observations.  Yes, there are men who are into older women.  There's also men who are into fat women.  And there's men who are into other men.  I'm fine with all that, I really am.  But they are not the majority.  Wouldn't you agree?

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

You're right, I'm just going by my own personal preferences and observations.  Yes, there are men who are into older women.  There's also men who are into fat women.  And there's men who are into other men.  I'm fine with all that, I really am.  But they are not the majority.  Wouldn't you agree?

Who cares if they are in majority or not ..what is your point?

20 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Jealous of their happiness maybe ...as it's obvious many TV members are deeply unhappy based on all the moaning and whining they do about all things Thailand.

Ain´t it! That´s right on. It was one more nail in the coffin for the negative team. LOL

9 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

Good luck to them they look really happy.

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Kind of snide remark to make. 

Possibly, but why look for negatives?  That little exercise was done to death in these pages a few weeks ago.  Good on them.   May they have a long  and happy one. PS.  I am not a fan boy of her art.

Never knew we shared a planet until the previous "news" item and I have no idea what look thung is or what her voice sounds like.

33 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Possibly, but why look for negatives?  That little exercise was done to death in these pages a few weeks ago.  Good on them.   May they have a long  and happy one. PS.  I am not a fan boy of her art.

Never knew we shared a planet until the previous "news" item and I have no idea what look thung is or what her voice sounds like.

I am talking about the reference to her children. 

35 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Here is what she sounds like

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Come on pigtails don't sour on us men now. It is just the luck of the draw. I understand that all babies start off as men in the womb but the handle falls off of some of them. 

I really love your decent humor but the pigtails part is a different story we should discuss sooner, or later. Or both.

Even when I sometimes think that I'm completely lost in Isaan, I truly know what's really going on behind the curtains of some fishermen's friends on here.

It's great when you've learnt from women and after hanging out with somebody else, it can easily be that I've got a headache, or I''m just too tired to do what a married man should do with his wife.

But there're no pigtails involved, if you know what I mean? Please keep this forum clean there are some people who might think that we've got a sexual relationship, pigtail.

Please let me think of a much better name for you and sooner, or later you might change your Avatar.

Mary Christmas, ( the word Merry was changed into Mary and explained that it was de modda of Jeessuss by a Nigerien female teechaa at my first school being in the middle of trying to explain what Merry means in a Christmas English camp. 

I left the room immediately and became a monk for one week. 

The same woman always told the rest of us that she'd go to the canteen and eat herself. 220 kg is a lot to eat, if you know where I'm coming from.

Those who were with me at this time will smile when reading this, while others might throw their keyboard away and become monks. 

So please get your pigtails together and enjoy the holy spirit. I truly hope that the Dutch guy has all the needed skills to keep this woman happy and satisfied without the need of any tools that she might or might not have.

Ohh, that's not allowed in this country, okay. Please try to read between the lines. 

10 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What's the big deal?  If they're happy, good for them. Look around at all the old white guys married to Thai women 20 years, and more, younger than they are, yet that never makes the news.

This is completely different because the Thai in the relationship isn't penniless.

LMy friend tells me she is from Korat.    And has joked in TV that she had two kids and now has three.   She does look much better than your average American woman at 48.  My friend tells me that younger men are becoming more common and it's her dream as well as many Thai women to find a younger man.  Get used to it.  

Perhaps they talked about 20 years down the road and he can have the customary play toys once a month.    Who knows.   It's not our business.   

I wish them well.  

2 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Who cares if they are in majority or not ..what is your point?

Geez man, do you need to have everything explained to you?  Or is it that you're taking this personally?  To clarify, an older woman/younger man couple is not the same as an older man/younger woman couple.  This thread is about the former, not the latter.  Heck, I'm in a relationship with a younger woman.  Not the same thing.

There was a Thai movie a year or two ago that explored this type of thing...yes, because it is a tad unusual.  But in the movie, the guy was like 23-24 and the girl was 31-32 (and totally hot).  And even in THAT scenario, it was considered odd.  And nevermind Thailand, a couple where the woman was 20 years older would be considered odd in the west.  Think Aston Kuchar/Demi Moore.  It doesn't last. 

But whatever.  Believe what you will.

36 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Geez man, do you need to have everything explained to you?  To clarify, an older woman/younger man couple is not the same as an older man/younger woman couple.  This thread is about the former, not the latter.

Yes, I need you to explain why it's different(which you still haven't done) and how this leads you to believe..what was you said ? ...."I predict the guy will become disenchanted in short order." 

You appear to have lost track of the conversation, I suggest you re-read the thread!

Capture.JPG

ps

You do know they have been together for 4 years already right? ...already outliving the majority of "older man/younger woman couple" type relationships?

Hows that prediction of yours doing now? 555

Edited by onthesoi

5 hours ago, atyclb said:

its not uncommon for well to do older women to find younger fit guys even if they have to fund them.  older well to do women also like fit decent looking older guys that dont smell, have tattoos or a pot belly.

That's me out of the equation then :smile:

Err, I don't smell, but I do have 2 Tattoos and I enjoy my beer too much :giggle:

Edited by Golden Triangle

3 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

I really love your decent humor but the pigtails part is a different story we should discuss sooner, or later. Or both.

Even when I sometimes think that I'm completely lost in Isaan, I truly know what's really going on behind the curtains of some fishermen's friends on here.

It's great when you've learnt from women and after hanging out with somebody else, it can easily be that I've got a headache, or I''m just too tired to do what a married man should do with his wife.

But there're no pigtails involved, if you know what I mean? Please keep this forum clean there are some people who might think that we've got a sexual relationship, pigtail.

Please let me think of a much better name for you and sooner, or later you might change your Avatar.

Mary Christmas, ( the word Merry was changed into Mary and explained that it was de modda of Jeessuss by a Nigerien female teechaa at my first school being in the middle of trying to explain what Merry means in a Christmas English camp. 

I left the room immediately and became a monk for one week. 

The same woman always told the rest of us that she'd go to the canteen and eat herself. 220 kg is a lot to eat, if you know where I'm coming from.

Those who were with me at this time will smile when reading this, while others might throw their keyboard away and become monks. 

So please get your pigtails together and enjoy the holy spirit. I truly hope that the Dutch guy has all the needed skills to keep this woman happy and satisfied without the need of any tools that she might or might not have.

Ohh, that's not allowed in this country, okay. Please try to read between the lines. 

Like your style. Pigtails part did not mean to offend. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Lets hope we both reach the end of 2017 its going to be one hellva ride. New friends will be made some old ones will go. I lost 3 this year starting to feel ancient at times. I like TV on balance most guys are great some in a constant state of flux but hey you take the good with the bad and roll with the punches. We are all passengers on spaceship Earth. Take care.