Trump cruises to Electoral College victory despite protests

webfact

16 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

He won a presidential race that many considered unwinnable and shocked the whole nation. He certainly deserves credit for that.

I agreed " yes" he is a political Genius,  in this : In politics you can vomit on a system and stuff yourself with!

He is a politician therefore necessarily motivated by his own personal interests..

At least Trump supporters - those who  understood it, taking him seriously, not literally ,  those  supporters ( not all)  deserve credit for that

But if you believe in his promises, then you believe in anything; )) 

Edited by Opl

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Ah, if only you knew me better, you would have found greater fault still!”    :wai:

I was being polite. Someone posted earlier that Trump's elections was the end of politeness. Not quite ready to wave the white flag on that. Seriously though, the above is hardly a new sticking point.

Edited by Morch

"Putin says Democrats sore losers, praises Trump"
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-putin-trump-idUSKBN14C0WE?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

If only I had heard that before somewhere. Wait, what.. isn't that exactly the same thing what these so called 'Trump supporters' have been saying all along? Could it have been that these 'Trump supporters' were not actually supporting Trump, but perhaps.. Putin?

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

"Putin says Democrats sore losers, praises Trump"
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-putin-trump-idUSKBN14C0WE?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

If only I had heard that before somewhere. Wait, what.. isn't that exactly the same thing what these so called 'Trump supporters' have been saying all along? Could it have been that these 'Trump supporters' were not actually supporting Trump, but perhaps.. Putin?

No. They were supporting Donald Trump. However, even Putin gets it right every now and again and he has a valid point.

7 hours ago, Opl said:

At least Trump supporters - those who  understood it, taking him seriously, not literally ,  those  supporters ( not all)  deserve credit for that

But if you believe in his promises, then you believe in anything; )) 

I don't, but he saved us from a third Obama term, he will (IMO) make better Supreme Court picks than Hillary and he has done some stuff already that I like. I am not disappointed so far.

10 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

:shock1: Gee, here's a first, now the lefties are fighting amongst themselves.  The stress of the loss is taking it's toll.  :thumbsup:     :wai:

That infighting's been going on since Bernie lost his momentum in the primaries.   It's certainly not the only reason the wingnuts lost, but it's on the short list.   But you're right about the stress of the loss.  Dems are showing their true colors.   Fascist Brown Shirts (without the brown shirts..), now taken with threats, violence and intimidation.    It actually started with Hillary's arrogant and elitist ignoring of the same security rules & regs everybody else has to follow, then continued with the disruptions of Trump's campaign rallies, then progressed to the car windshield smashing, setting buildings on fire, and closing public highways after the election, intensified to death threats and attempted intimidation of electors, and most recently made even the usually-silent-on-such-matters MSM news with that episode with that moron that had to be removed from the airline the other day.  The American public is getting a real taste of and education about the Democratic Party, how they do things, and what it REALLY stands for.  (As if 8 abysmal and self-obsessed years of Obama weren't enough.)

Edited by hawker9000

15 hours ago, Morch said:

Try again, perhaps. This is the part you were responding to:

Which one is the flavor of the day? "he won" or "she lost"? The end result is the same, no one argues about that. But the implications are very different.

And you can spare the lectures about HRC's character, barking up the wrong tree. As with most of my posts, not a praise for HRC. Can't recall having said much about gender being a factor, and certainly not about "her turn". Would probably be too much expecting you to address the post you're replying to rather than an imaginary one.

???????

I certainly did respond to the post I was responding to, and she lost BECAUSE of her character, so how is that not relevant?

This thread isn't about me, so perhaps stick to the subject rather than making it personal. You don't have to agree with what I say, but I have every right to say it as long as it is within the rules.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????

I certainly did respond to the post I was responding to, and she lost BECAUSE of her character, so how is that not relevant?

This thread isn't about me, so perhaps stick to the subject rather than making it personal. You don't have to agree with what I say, but I have every right to say it as long as it is within the rules.

He and others have a bad habit of making it personal, going off topic and full of subtle insults.  If it was one of us we get a holiday, yet they are free to carry on.  I wonder why?:wai:

5 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

That infighting's been going on since Bernie lost his momentum in the primaries.   It's certainly not the only reason the wingnuts lost, but it's on the short list.   But you're right about the stress of the loss.  Dems are showing their true colors.   Fascist Brown Shirts (without the brown shirts..), now taken with threats, violence and intimidation.    It actually started with Hillary's arrogant and elitist ignoring of the same security rules & regs everybody else has to follow, then continued with the disruptions of Trump's campaign rallies, then progressed to the car windshield smashing, setting buildings on fire, and closing public highways after the election, intensified to death threats and attempted intimidation of electors, and most recently made even the usually-silent-on-such-matters MSM news with that episode with that moron that had to be removed from the airline the other day.  The American public is getting a real taste of and education about the Democratic Party, how they do things, and what it REALLY stands for.  (As if 8 abysmal and self-obsessed years of Obama weren't enough.)

And some of their ilk have the hide to  call us clueless and then respond by saying they are being polite.  :wai:

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????

So that's the new thing now? Whining about each and every post being "personal"? No one argued with your right to post what's on your mind. In the same way, it is another poster's right to see your replies as dodging the posts you address. Repeatedly.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

So that's the new thing now? Whining about each and every post being "personal"? No one argued with your right to post what's on your mind. In the same way, it is another poster's right to see your replies as dodging the posts you address. Repeatedly.

Well, your reply is certainly personal.

11 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

He and others have a bad habit of making it personal, going off topic and full of subtle insults.  If it was one of us we get a holiday, yet they are free to carry on.  I wonder why?:wai:

11 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

And some of their ilk have the hide to  call us clueless and then respond by saying they are being polite.  :wai:

So you made an off-topic comment on two other posters and then whine about the response. Right.

As for the "clueless" remark - it is what it is. You obviously aren't aware of this disagreement being in place well before the elections, or that my position on this extended beyond just the US elections. You just took a pot shot and whine at the flak. But do go on about politeness.

37 minutes ago, Morch said:

So you made an off-topic comment on two other posters and then whine about the response. Right.

As for the "clueless" remark - it is what it is. You obviously aren't aware of this disagreement being in place well before the elections, or that my position on this extended beyond just the US elections. You just took a pot shot and whine at the flak. But do go on about politeness.

Oh please.  Your politeness extends to the word only. You really should get over it.:wai: