Passenger vans are the champion of road accidents among public transport services

webfact

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

I do speak thai sir but taxidrivers should speak english as well!! Is that too hard for you to admit??

Last week i took a taxi to River Wine, a 5* restaurant...the taxidriver didn't know it so i told him in thai how to drive there...he was laughing all the way cause of my crappy thai language...the idiot. They even don't know the toprestaurants because they only get cheap customers.

But he took the wrong U-turn so we got lost and my wife had to guide him through the phone.

Tonight i go to another restaurant and go on motobike since i'm tired of those lowclass taxidrivers.

I have never had a problem with a Bangkok taxi driver, yes a lot of them don't speak English but guess what we are in Thailand and they speak thai here, why should they have to learn English when the majority of their customers are thai.

You state that you speak thai, but then say he was laughing at your crappy thai language then who is the idiot, and as for knowing where restaurants are the are thousands and thousands of them in Bangkok with some opening and closing down frequently I wouldn't expect a taxi driver to know all of them.

As for taxi drivers being of low class, well guess what you don't get many hiso's trying to earn a little extra cash driving taxis, the majority of taxi drivers here are not well off.

You come across as a rather unpleasant person or is your post trying to be sarcastic.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get a car at least. I keep wondering why so many foreigners here are driving motorbikes with all the maniacs around them that want to push them off the road.

Get a van and join the club. Be the manic, fat, obnoxious, van driver. Stick a big sign on the back of your van "Fxxx Yxx". Cut off your exhaust pipe. Install a loud horn and fog lamps. Stop as fast as you can in front I'd people without indicating. Don't let anyone overtake is under take you. If you can't overtake someone then drive behind them as closely as you can. Only overtake when on coming traffic is coming, especially if its a motorcycle.

The simple thruth is that they drive bad, and that´s the reason for all accidents in Thailand.

They drive to fast without proper control. They drive basically without any teaching and school to back up their driver licence. They don´t know the safety precautions the have to be made regarding weather and road surface.

If we look at the statistic Thailand is on 2:nd place over the death toll in traffic based on every 100 000 of the population.

Sure if we look closer too, we will se that the statistic talks when it comes to the amount of bus and minivan accidents too.

Nothing is going to change as long as there is no proper driving schools before getting a driver license.

25 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Would you say that you are 85 years old and still drive long road trips on a motorcycle in thailand?

And also can hit anybody who touches your wife's titties into hospital??

:shock1:

I would say first question no, second question, yes, but only if the person who touched my wifes titties was about the same age as me.

If the person was a good bit younger I would use a bottle or chair, or anything that would do damage to him.

The real moronic mini van drivers, are not the Tourist passenger ones, but the numerous " drivers" that ferry the workers back and forth to the factories on such large Industrial complexs such as " Amata City " in Rayong.

If you  feel really brave just drive the road between Bowin and Pattaya during end of shift times

A truly frightening experience

10 hours ago, trogers said:

And we have some TV members here championing these champions when they were relocated from Victory Monument...

High speed Hearses .   Once  was  enough ,  never  again .

On my trip from Chantaburi to Sa Keow by bicycle recently I was appalled at the number of grey passenger vans overtaking on double yellow lines and on blind bends. I spied no less than three very near misses during my journey. I'm an experienced cyclist so I'm good at defensive riding but .......well, I won't be riding those roads again.

Now that the problem has been identified, its as good as fixed and we will speak no more about it.

Next!! Bus crashes, a very rare occurence as are reckless driving and faulty vehicles, could get someone a bad name,

Next!

14 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Good to finally know! Now, what is the govt going to do about it? Rhetorical question...:wink:

Perhaps they will make yet another announcement (for the happiness of Thai peoples) followed by total inactivity? :whistling:  Again!

13 hours ago, al007 said:

The statistics are horrendous

The statistics exclude those who die after the accident in hospital so in reality it is even worse

Tachometers should be mandatory in all vehicles carrying passengers

Where deaths occur there should be a high fine on both the owner and driver for first offense

The vehicle should be confiscated, let the police keep the proceeds, this will ensure better enforcement

On second offense both owner and driver 10 years in jail

Harsh yes but this problem has to be tackled,

Those selling drugs are jailed,

Those murdering people on the roads should be treated similarly 

When driving long distance what are the most aggressive in the rear mirror mini van drivers tells us a lot

Been said a thousand times before.

Archived