Baht bus route signs new?

wpcoe

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I was thinking the same. It's easy to cross Buakhao but often quite dangerous to cross 3rd. On the other hand, I've wanted service on 3rd for a long time. But I've been a big user of the Buakhao buses for a long time. I may even go there less now. I wonder about the impact on businesses especially those that invested with expectation of that service which brings in so much foot traffic. 

View from the barstool - Plenty of Baht buses using Soi Buakhao tonight 

3 hours ago, gerrygoat said:

View from the barstool - Plenty of Baht buses using Soi Buakhao tonight 

Yeah, I saw that too.

Fares still 10 baht.

Didn't check 3rd road.

Trying to get back to Jomtien from Central Beach I saw a marked bus for Na Jomtien, it was empty and would not stop for me. Regular non marked buses running as usual. Baht bus queue at South Pattaya Road going to Jomtien still happening but I didn't see any of the usual catte herding staff there! So, seems to be rather weird TRANSITION period. 

On 12/24/2016 at 2:01 PM, wpcoe said:

a.jpg

On 12/25/2016 at 2:20 PM, Guderian said:

Here's a condensed version of the above route maps:

New Baht Bus 2017.jpeg

Is there more than one Route 7?  i.e. Does one bus do what the map says and another one do what the photographed bus seems to indicate (i.e. shuttle back and forth between North Pattaya and Jomtien)?

I'm still intrigued about the green Route 5:  If I were to get on a bus on Jomtien Beach Road heading north does it traverse Thappraya Road up-and-back then proceed to the north looping to Bali Hai pier and back and then continue north to do an up-and-back loop on Pattaya Klang before then heading north to Naklua?  How much would a fare from Jomtien to Naklua be on that odyssey?

6 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

Good luck trying to get a ride on 3rd Road.  I couldn't flag down a baht bus to save my life in September.  They all drive by ignoring you.

No surprise. 3rd road has never had baht bus service. Any baht buses you might see there are private charters or random heavy traffic detours on 3rd south of Pattaya Tai coming from Jomtien. Apparently this new plan coming in includes 3rd road service. I'll believe it when I see it. 

Even if there was a Baht Bus route on 3rd road...

The problem with 3rd road is you have to cross 3rd road to

get to the other side..Which is dangerous enough for a fit

healthy person....Disabled people/or older slow moving people would end up being nothing but road kill...And no

I am not joking...

Edited by fforest1

Lack of bus service on Buakhao is making a big impact on where I choose to go. It happened on Christmas night.

I stood watching baht buses go by from Klang at 3rd Road. No idea where they stopped, if they did at all. I wanted to go to Cafe Racer on LK Metro. Do I or don't I? 

Do: Ride on a bus along 3rd, get off at Xcyte, cross deadly traffic, walk 200-300 metres to entrance of LK. Walk down LK to Cafe Racer. But what do I do after finishing when I stay behind Big C Extra? Walk down Diana, cross deadly traffic to catch northbound bus, get off at Klang. Unlikely there's an eastbound bus at the pickup spot. Conclusion: Walk all the way to my Soi Yume room.

Don't: Walk down Klang to Buakhao and to New Plaza. Reverse field at the end. 

I did the latter.

Side note: I had to walk all the way to Foodland and then back to the room because not a single baht bus came by, except a Russian and an Indian charter. This is at 11 pm.

Any idea that I want to go to Triangle Bar, Witherspoon's or Cafe Racer is pretty much dead now when the only choice is a series of long walks, lengthy bus rides on congested roads or moto taxi. I do not like moto taxis; I think the feeling is mutual.

Sitting here in Bangkok, my view is that I won't be going to Pattaya much, if at all now, if I have no convenient transport options. Alternatively, be very strategic in booking your hotel location.

3 hours ago, balo said:

The good news is that some farangs may get some good , healthy exercise out of it by walking.   :whistling:

I agree.  I walk everywhere just about, whether it's 5 minutes or 75 minutes one way.  But it is nice to have a baht bus to catch a ride home later at night with your company, particularly if she is wearing those "f*** me pumps" and you've got some ways to go home.  :smile:

Edited by EvenSteven

• 1 month later...
On 25.12.2016 at 1:23 AM, wpcoe said:

Those maps show routes 4 through 7.  What about routes 1, 2, or 3?  Are there routes  numbered 8 and above?  

@TaaSaparot: where did you get those maps?  Are there more of them?

The Thai in the pictures says there are 4 lines. Why they are numbered 4,,5,6,7, I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been out of town since this started Feb. 1.  From my understanding the regular route on Second Road is still available.  Is that so?  Any update on the 3rd Road route?  Is it happening?  Route 4 goes both directions, turning at Bali Hai pier and heading back to Naklua?

4 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

I've been out of town since this started Feb. 1.  From my understanding the regular route on Second Road is still available.  Is that so?  Any update on the 3rd Road route?  Is it happening?  Route 4 goes both directions, turning at Bali Hai pier and heading back to Naklua?

At this moment in time, NOTHING has changed.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, michelangelo1000 said:

How are the routes working? Seems like soi Buakhao has baht-busses same as before? Any baht-buses on 3rd road? Soi Potisan in Naklua?

What routes ?

Buakhao same as before.

3rd Road, Soi Potisan, same as before .... none.

On 12/25/2016 at 1:10 AM, Jingthing said:

HORRIBLE!:post-4641-1156693976:

So if people are there and want to go south, they need to walk all the way to Beach road to get a bus south?

What are they thinking?

Did they actually talk to people that are frequent users? 

LOL. Of course they didn't consult the people that use the buses. What were you thinking? This is Pattaya, not somewhere that cares about what people want.

The buses even if they are heading towards Na Jomtien will drop you at Wat Chai and make you pay another 10 baht for transfer. I don't understand the logic apart from an agreement with the operators at Wat Chai.

I guess I've been lucky, last two times resisting the urge to ring the bell going back to Jomtien from Beach Rd. Both drivers just continued driving, picking up and dropping off riders along the way. 20 baht was paid graciously for a more comfortable ride, not asked for, just given.

The other day a rider and driver got into it at the turn off on 2nd Rd. According to the driver coming from Jomtien to North Pattaya is worth 20 baht, not 10.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app