Nigeria: Boko Haram driven from Sambisa forest by army

rooster59

Nigeria: Boko Haram driven from Sambisa forest by army

606x341_353219.jpg

Nigeria’s army has driven Boko Haram militants from their last camp in the northeastern Sambisa forest the group’s, the president Muhammadu Buhari has said in a statement.

The military has launched a large-scale offensive against the jihadist group in recent weeks.

Buhari said in a statement that the head of the army informed him on Friday afternoon that the last major Boko Haram camp in the Sambisa forest had been captured.

“The terrorists are on the run, they have no place to hide”, Buhari’s statement said.

The Sambisa forest was Boko Haram’s former stronghold.

The jihadist group is believed to have killed 15,000 people and displaced more than two million during a seven-year insurgency in northeastern Nigeria.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-25

13 minutes ago, currynamnam said:

Yes, yet another bunch of friendly young males with amazing "cv's"...

All burning with desire to intergrate, not to mention their contributions to my society so far.

Yes frightening. Custom made as refugees from persecution.  I would have been happier to hear that they had killed the lot.  There is no hope they will ever he useful citizens.

10 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Yes frightening. Custom made as refugees from persecution.  I would have been happier to hear that they had killed the lot.  There is no hope they will ever he useful citizens.

I can see the scene at the border... 

Official: passport or ID please! 

Jihadist: Have none, cause I'm a child migrant, don't be fooled by my 6,8 frame and beard..... I'm turning 14 next month! 

Official: Aha, so why are you fleeing? 

Jihadist: It's the goverment man, they are out to get me...and all I did was just the usual, you know, a little bit of genocide, some rapes and the odd pillageing, smuggling etcetera.... Basically just pranks! 

Official: Welcome! go stand in the line to the left with the 500 other children with similar stories! 

And, thus started the downfall...

That's an interesting point.  Boko Haram members who escape the army pursuit, can get their butts to Europe.  European authorities can ask why they're seeking assylum.  BH'ers reply, "I'm being persecuted in my home country. I don't feel safe."   Europeans, in all their bleeding heartedness, will say, "Oh, you poor fellow. We'll give you a free place to stay, food, education, a stipend. ......is that ok?"

6 hours ago, currynamnam said:

Sooo far from ok!

But as long as certain goverments seem to think they are executing the will of their population (they are sadly mistaken) this armageddon will continue. 

But...hope is around the corner, in the shape and form of the next election! 

will Merkle allow me to bring my AK47 and RPG launcher - they have been with me since I was 12, if not then I will sue for my human rights - you won't allow me to bring my toys with me, please please I need my toys

No! They won't go very far! They will just move to a country next door, like Niger or Chad, and continue there campaign through cross border fighting and from their. This is far from being over. 

When you kick a Rat out of your shed he doesn't give himself up. He just runs and finds a new place to hide. 

19 hours ago, currynamnam said:

I can see the scene at the border... 

Official: passport or ID please! 

Jihadist: Have none, cause I'm a child migrant, don't be fooled by my 6,8 frame and beard..... I'm turning 14 next month! 

Official: Aha, so why are you fleeing? 

Jihadist: It's the goverment man, they are out to get me...and all I did was just the usual, you know, a little bit of genocide, some rapes and the odd pillageing, smuggling etcetera.... Basically just pranks! 

Official: Welcome! go stand in the line to the left with the 500 other children with similar stories! 

And, thus started the downfall...

Would be funny if it wasn't so true.

6 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

No! They won't go very far! They will just move to a country next door, like Niger or Chad, and continue there campaign through cross border fighting and from their. This is far from being over. 

When you kick a Rat out of your shed he doesn't give himself up. He just runs and finds a new place to hide. 

Probably right for most but some will almost certainly take the Euro option: Continent and currency.