TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

webfact

I'll be dropping them if they do this.  After being "true" for 8 years, their programming has steadily deteriorated, so this is the last straw. 

Anyone want to sell me the 1000 channel box, that includes Fox News, HBO, yadda yadda?  And a router that will power the whole thing?  From what I've experienced so far, the advertisements "load" on my current router could never make this a good experience.  My idea of watching tv and videos DOES NOT include watching a spinning circle.

You can contact me thru Thai Visa. 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bureaucrat said:

Buy a media box you can watch HBO for free with subtitles. 1000's channels available you just pay for the box and your internet connection, you can also receive every terrestrial station in the world. Free.

I bought some sort of media box (Moviemate), and it gave me so many problems that I eventually gave up.

Although to be fair, many of the problems were caused by the additional requirement of another 'box' needed to connect the internet box to the TV - that kept needing to be replaced......  You'll have gathered by now that I'm illiterate when it comes to these things.

Even so, if Truevisions drop HBO and Cinemax on top of BBC Entertainment - then its definitely time to find someone who can sort out the 'box' problems (or teach me how to use the internet connections on the TV :lol:), and get rid of Truevisions.

The 'box' is no option for me since we have NO CABLE INTERNET (in 2016/2017 A.D.!) where I live . The more, I never watch HBO or any other movie channels, as I'm definitely not a movie addict. I mostly watch documentary channels to learn and my little daughter watches her cartoon channels like Disney in English, helps her English, last week she scored again 20/20 for English. Nevertheless I got my platinum package 30% discounted today. Il faut le faire we say in French. Instead of just complaining.

Edited by Dario

12 minutes ago, Dario said:

Nevertheless I got my platinum package 30% discounted today. Il faut le faire we say in French. Instead of just complaining.

For how long is the discount ? Do you know ?

edit: What about the subscribers who have paid 6 months or even 1 year in advance, will they get a discount ??

Edited by MJCM

9 minutes ago, MJCM said:

For how long is the discount ? Do you know ?

edit: What about the subscribers who have paid 6 months or even 1 year in advance, will they get a discount ??

Look at post #27. The discount is first for the next 6 months, then they will extend if I complain again. Consider this: if I cancel completely, they get no more money from me, if they continually extend me 30% they still collect 1'550 Baht every month. Logical thinking. They will have to discount on prepayments as well. Just contact Truevision customer care.

Just now, Dario said:

Look at post #27. The discount is first for the next 6 months, then they will extend if I complain again. Consider this: if I cancel completely, they get no more money from me, if they continually extend me 30% they still collect 1'550 Baht every month. Logical thinking. They will have to discount on prepayments as well. Just contact Truevision customer care.

Good advice that all of us paying for Truevision packages need to contact them to get a discount.

I'll do this whilst also trying to find someone who actually knows what they're doing (easier said than done....) to provide me with a better option - i.e. good media box/router/explain how my 'intelligent' TV works :lol:!

so far.. or just last quarter.... these knuckleheads LOST 4 satang a share and that includes their wonderful cell phone business which is at the height of it's technological application commercially....

and they have enough shares outstanding to give 4 and a half of them to every man, woman and child on planet Earth.... 

33 and a half BILLION listed and outstanding shares. and yet the those shares are traded today in Baht..... not satang.

stupendously amazing.

Edited by maewang99

Crappy programs that repeat over and over. The same stupid commercials that play every 10 mins or sometimes back to back. Subtitles, blurring out guns and even cigarettes!!!

I gave up Truevisions 5 years ago and don't miss it a bit.

I download everything now and have almost unlimited choices of what I want to watch and when and fully unedited and uncensored.

Screw you Truevisions!!! I hope everyone cancels their subscriptions and you lose your ass.

Just another ripoff monopoly owned by the mega -rich and determined to squeeze every last satang out of consumers. If the govt had the balls ( or the inclination) they would revisit the tender and attempt to get some quality.

My needs were simple: decent movies ( including foreign language), good drama , the best of the documentaries, news and some sport.

Before I pulled the plug, the quality had deteriorated to less than adequate: endless rubbish X Factor type things but not much quality on offer. Not worth 1000B let alone 2500.

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

what's needed is Foxtel in Thailand to show the locals how to run a satellite/cable tv business properly and provide the customers with what they want .

Good honest competition in other words, now what is that Thai partnership requirement.........................................:coffee1: 

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Just hope that they will drop the price accordingly. Probably not. Why am I wishing for unnatural things in Thailand?

You'll get a price drop unless you do nothing and just complain. The price drop is for the doers only.

Edited by Dario

I gave TrueVisions Call Center a call about an hour ago and the rep confirmed they do plan to drop the channels although they are still in negotiations with HBO.  And the rep didn't know what channels would  replace them.  I expressed my dissatisfaction, told them I would probably cancel my Platinum package or TrueVisions although...also mentioned I had recently drop their TrueOnline cable internet and switched to AIS Fibre....the rep said they will pass along my concern.  

According to the Bangkok Post, the NBTC has approved this, even though True didn't give 30 days notice.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I gave TrueVisions Call Center a call about an hour ago and the rep confirmed they do plan to drop the channels although they are still in negotiations with HBO.  And the rep didn't know what channels would  replace them.  I expressed my dissatisfaction, told them I would probably cancel my Platinum package or TrueVisions although...also mentioned I had recently drop their TrueOnline cable internet and switched to AIS Fibre....the rep said they will pass along my concern.  

You are lucky you got through.

We have been trying all afternoon, regarding a completely different matter. They don't answer.

8 minutes ago, petedk said:

You are lucky you got through.

We have been trying all afternoon, regarding a completely different matter. They don't answer.

I agree you might need a bit of luck. Just keep trying. I needed to call several times. One thing: today they talk you to bits in Thai and do not offer Press 9 for English ...

Edited by Dario

"... The cable TV operator asked for the regulatory body's approval, citing complications in a business deal. It promised to find replacements."

a replacement for HBO?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Yes True, winter is coming.

Edited by NCC1701A

There is no cable in our village,but i have a dish.I rather like HBO and i am not happy about losing it.I only have the Gold Package,but i am not able to watch the channels that are advertised as 'GOLD'.I dont know about media boxes.What do they do?and would i be able to connect one to the dish? failing that,are there any companies up my way Khon kaen suburbs that supply a package for satellite.Thanks for any info in advance.