webfact

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

I think Platinum subscribers get the à la carte channels added. If you've already got everything then you require probably s-o-l.

I haven't noticed any additions to my Platinum package other than the HBO/Cinemax channels going away and being replaced with the new channels.   I don't pay extra for any a la carte channels.   

I am on a Gold Package and I just tried Channel 244 which is the GEM Channel and I am getting it. According to the channel listing you posted a few days ago it is not available normally to Gold subscribers and it is on the Platinum list. I am also getting channel 235 TVB,  that is not on the Gold listing.

Edited by BobTH

I think Platinum subscribers get the à la carte channels added. If you've already got everything then you require probably s-o-l.

Most, if not all, the a la carte channels have gone. The free upgrade is to tempt lower level subscribers to upgrade. If you already have Platinum you are fully upgraded.

I am on a Gold Package and I just tried Channel 244 which is the GEM Channel and I am getting it. According to the channel listing you posted a few days ago it is not available normally to Gold subscribers and it is on the Platinum list. I am also getting channel 235 TVB,  that is not on the Gold listing.

As discussed above, Gold subscribers have upgraded to Platinum for free for a month.

Any of you Gold package customers rec'd a price discount for X-months?   For me on a Platinum package I supposedly got a 30% discount for 3 months per late Dec call to the TrueVisions Call center (both the the Thai wife and I talked to the rep) when we bitched at them about the channel swapouts.   The next billing will tell if True lives up to that call.  

Saw a few other posters saysthey got a price discount for 3 or 6 months also but not sure/don't remember what package they were on.   And we've seen posts where the Call Center just simply refused the caller a discount....maybe just offerred a Black/Red True card with 1000 reward points towards some products/food discounts.   

6 hours ago, Pib said:

How would they upgrade someone from Platinum as that's their top package?

I expect Gold package users could quickly tell us if they got upgraded to Platinum.

We are on gold and got upgraded to platinum.  For a month. Those on Platinum, according to what I read,  get 1,000 Points added to some kind of card. I didn't pay much attention to the card details. 

We were paying extra to get all the HBO channels and according to the True representative as of 01 January that comes off the bill. We shall see. 

Edited by jgm005

Great news everybody! I just tuned in to channel 222 - one of the "new quality" channels - and watched a wonderful film called "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. It's only 30 years old and sooo funny.

And in case you missed it, if you quickly change to channel 226 - another "new quality" channel - you can see it there. But be quick! It starts at 4:40.

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

222 isn't one of the new channels, but 226 is.

Oh, thanks. So I just checked what rubbish wonderful new offering is now on 222 and it is "50 First Dates". Only 13 years old.

And guess what is on channel 226 at 6:40? Yes, "50 First Dates".

Jesus Wept.

I think Fox News is more enjoyable.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

BBC Entertainment and CBeebies were discontinued from 1 January.

And no whiff of even any half-hearted attempt on True's part of finding replacements for these 2 particular channels!

In addition, the Discovery Science, DMAX and EVE channels which True discontinued last October have not been replaced either!!

The "replacement" movie channels are 90% crap. Time for another competitive satellite provider to break True's assumed monopoly and offer high-paying customers what they want. HBO is not perfect, but what True offers as a substitute is absolute sh*t. 2000 baht/month? No way! 

Edited by Captain_Bob

8 hours ago, Familyonthemove said:

Not had time to csncel Truevision yet, so scanned through the channels this evening,  what a load of third rate garbage. 

At least the live EPL footie was some saving grace as far as I was concerned. But without this (as would normally have been the case on a Monday evening here) things might well have been pretty dire indeed.

16 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Oh, thanks. So I just checked what rubbish wonderful new offering is now on 222 and it is "50 First Dates". Only 13 years old.

Jesus Wept.

Unfortunately , you are spot on - channel 226 seems to be just channel 222 +1 hour.

Some of the other new channels seem to mostly show TV series - run of the mill Forensics/detective stuff- can't really be called 'movie' channels. Overall seems like a very average set of replacement channels, combined with some other lost channels a couple of months back.

Truth be told, like many others I have felt for a long time that I wasn't getting good value from TV for the subscription paid, it's time to investigate IPTV/other set top box providers !

The only reason I had the platinum package was because of HBO programming. Seriously considering pulling the cable plug. Compare this list of HBO shows with the pathetic and unwatchable programming which they have been replaced with:

Eastbound and Down

Game of Thrones

True Detective

Westworld

Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Comeback

Girls

Veep

Silicon Valley

Ballers

Vice Principals

Divorce

Insecure

The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Olive Kittridge

Bored to Death

Hello Ladies

Ja'mie: Private School Girl

The Brink

Entourage

Six Feet Under

The Wire

Sopranos

The Night Of

Vinyl

The guy who keeps posting "good riddance to HBO" must be on TrueVision's payroll.

Edited by Gecko123

16 hours ago, realfunster said:

Unfortunately , you are spot on - channel 226 seems to be just channel 222 +1 hour.

Some of the other new channels seem to mostly show TV series - run of the mill Forensics/detective stuff- can't really be called 'movie' channels. Overall seems like a very average set of replacement channels, combined with some other lost channels a couple of months back.

Truth be told, like many others I have felt for a long time that I wasn't getting good value from TV for the subscription paid, it's time to investigate IPTV/other set top box providers !

Yes! I just came back to this thread to post that after checking more of channels 222 and 226, it is clear that 226 broadcasts 222 programmes about 2 hours later.  So how does True justify what they said about new quality channels! Such gall!

I also will be looking into the local IPTV providers. The guy who fitted my CTH dish (RIP) ages ago wanted to set me up with his system as it was cheaper than CTH.

On January 2, 2017 at 5:04 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Jesus Wept.

Managed to catch 5 minutes of Top Gun last night on the new channel Fox Action Movies.....it's only 31 years old!!!

4 minutes ago, CanInBKK said:

Managed to catch 5 minutes of Top Gun last night on the new channel Fox Action Movies.....it's only 31 years old!!!

Gets better for every year that goes by....that's what True will say.

3 hours ago, CanInBKK said:

Yes, I caught it for a minute while surfing.  Tom Cruise and Tim Robbins were in another one tonight - War of the Worlds. Only 12  years old.

Thank God, The Walking Dead will be back soon.

On 12/29/2016 at 8:06 PM, Pib said:

When I called bitching this week they gave me a 30% discount for 3 months.  I figure that discount will only be on the basic subscription cost of Bt2,000/mo versus including the box fee and VAT.  So I expect that 30% discount will come to around Bt600...or when considering less VAT due to a discounted basic bill it may work out to a Bt642 discount per month for 3 months....or maybe even higher if the discount also applies to the 1st box fee.  Anyway, I'll be getting at least a Bt600/mo discount for 3 months.

I got above mentioned discount on 27 Dec when I called TrueVisions.   I called again this morning to "confirm' I was actually getting the discount....they connected me over to the Billing Dept...talked to a rep with really good English....and it was confirmed...30% for 3 months.  And the discount is on the basic Bt2,000 Platinum subscription only as I expected; not on the box rental, VAT, etc.  So the total discount will be Bt600/mo.

I also ended the conversation with a 30 second reminder to them the new channels are in no way equal to or better than the channels they replaced.  And unless channel line-up on the Platinum package improves in the near term I'll be cancelling my subscription or at least downgrading to the Gold package....also mentioned I already have free-to-air C-band satellite TV in my house already and have expanding IPTV choices...we then closed the conversation with they usual pleasantries of Thank You, Have a Nice Day, etc.  

10 hours ago, Pib said:

I got above mentioned discount on 27 Dec when I called TrueVisions.   I called again this morning to "confirm' I was actually getting the discount....they connected me over to the Billing Dept...talked to a rep with really good English....and it was confirmed...30% for 3 months.  And the discount is on the basic Bt2,000 Platinum subscription only as I expected; not on the box rental, VAT, etc.  So the total discount will be Bt600/mo.

I also ended the conversation with a 30 second reminder to them the new channels are in no way equal to or better than the channels they replaced.  And unless channel line-up on the Platinum package improves in the near term I'll be cancelling my subscription or at least downgrading to the Gold package....also mentioned I already have free-to-air C-band satellite TV in my house already and have expanding IPTV choices...we then closed the conversation with they usual pleasantries of Thank You, Have a Nice Day, etc.  

On the front headlines of the other newspaper they state that the NBTC has called a public hearing on Jan 10th to discuss the issue. Unfortunately I couldn't find the same news in the Nation to link here