New immigration laws 2017 for people who live next to Thai border

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would have to send a letter to the interior minister and/or  the prime minister about the ministerial regulation (it is not a law) they approved..

Translation of it is here: Visa Exempt Rules Dec 2016.pdf

Topic about it is here.

Thanks for your reply. Any idea on how to contact the right person/department in the interior ministry? I guess if I follow contact info on their website it's just going to be a loss of time as usual. 

Just now, dbrenn said:

I understand your frustration. Visa laws are annoying. Would you qualify for an APEC card? The intention of the APEC scheme is to facilitate frequent short business trips.

I have no clue of What an APEC card is and how to apply, but I will look into it. 

1 minute ago, gamini said:

You could get a retirement Visa in Thailand and then a multiple  re-entry permit. That would solve your problem because you can travel back and forward as many times as you like

I'll probably do that when the age and finances allow it ^_^ 

26 minutes ago, reggaebkk said:

I understand if they are trying to protect themselves from people who would come to Thailand and work illegally or make dodgy business. They do a better job than most European nations to protect their people. Also they may have decided to remove the cheap long stay tourists who live on 5000 baht per month and who, in their mind, bring the image of the country down for the upscale tourism they want. It is their choice, their country after all. But in my situation, far from everything except Chanthaburi, I really feel trapped in the cross fire and it's very frustrating. If they have Asean, then they have to recognise the legality of work permit holders in other Asean countries and not handicap us. My competitors are also buying products in Thailand and this ends up being unfair practice... "no, the Farang has the right to work here but can't get supplies like his counterparts". 

Sorry, but you can hardly blame the Thais for your supply issues.

• Like 2

long stay tourists who live on 5000 baht per month     ???i have a small band of people that fall into the friend category   also long stay  i am sure non of them come into your   5k a month  statement   where do you meet these people ??  

• Like 2

ok the answer as i see it is 

a - build a makro next door to the op

b - build an exception into the new regulation for the op and his like

c - prevent his competitors from being allowed to shop in Thailand

d - move the border making the nearest Thai post office inside Cambodia

e - Learn to live with it or work on a work around

another point i can see is how do immigration know the op is not working whilst in Thailand, and if he/she is  buying supplies for the business then maybe the op is in fact working

just my thoughts on the subject

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

long stay tourists who live on 5000 baht per month     ???i have a small band of people that fall into the friend category   also long stay  i am sure non of them come into your   5k a month  statement   where do you meet these people ??  

10 years ago after I failed my business and before I could sell what was left of it, I had to stay on that budget for nearly 2 years. It's possible... you grow skinny I can tell you. 
And before that I had ever seen people in that situation, with many years overstay. Back then it was pretty easy to pay your way out every few years when a check came along. Thanks God, whatever He might be, that I could collect myself up from these times. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, steve187 said:

ok the answer as i see it is 

a - build a makro next door to the op

b - build an exception into the new regulation for the op and his like

c - prevent his competitors from being allowed to shop in Thailand

d - move the border making the nearest Thai post office inside Cambodia

e - Learn to live with it or work on a work around

another point i can see is how do immigration know the op is not working whilst in Thailand, and if he/she is  buying supplies for the business then maybe the op is in fact working

just my thoughts on the subject

LOL

... what's the op?

50 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sorry, but you can hardly blame the Thais for your supply issues.

No... and Yes...
They are making ASEAN or not? They open borders on the paper but close them in reality. Once you are legally conducting business in an open border Economic Community, if you prevent some people from having the same business opportunities as others, it becomes discrimination.... which is actually a main trait of Thailand's attitude when dealing with foreigner businessmen anyway.