Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry set to commence January 12th

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour 40 minutes.. thats about the time it takes it to drive there by car. 

as per per previous comments , you gotta be kidding me. The best I have done it from Bangkok is more than 2 hours to Pattaya. Try this weekend from Hua Hin to Pattaya anything under 8 hours would be acceptable. However 1200 bht is over the top. 

I just  hope  for  the  best  for  this  new  tourist  Ferry.  Yes  there  will be

very  few  Thais  that will use  it,  but  I can  see  Tour  groups, leaving

Bangkok to Pattaya  for  an adventure on  a  VIP  tour  bus,  one  or  two

nights  in Pattaya  with  tours,  then Ferry  ride  to  Hua  Hin,  two  or

three  night  stay  and  tours, then  VIP  bus  back  to Bangkok. Plus

even  a  few  tourists  like  myself  that  want  to go  Hua  Hin  to

Pattaya and  back  without  the  long  ride  through Bangkok will

enjoy  this  experience  at  least  once  or  twice.  Not  impossible

you  know.  Who  knows  maybe  it  will  work  for  a year  or  so.

Geezer

23 minutes ago, Mordacai said:

How much would this cost me filling up the car, paying toll fees and my time compared to taking the ferry.
Seems the ferry is a win win in this case.

For me and the missus to catch the ferry to hua hin and back would be Bt.4800.

I can do a return trip in the car for less than Bt.3000.

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

it is not really a Hua Hin ferry Saphan Pla is miles away from the city.

Saphan Pla to HH is how far, and will cost how much ?  Is there any info concerning transport between the two ?

I bet the 1:40 is only the beginning , and 1,200 baht only the beginning as well.

6 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I think they should have a grand naming and launching of the boat by getting our poor misunderstood pretty who caused the accidents a month ago.I will be taking bets on the bottle breaking the boat.

what would you get the pretty to do ?

6 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

I would think that would be a given!

Do you think they would let a contractor do the modifications without a Government Department checking everything during the process.

YES!  Just look at the state of any new roads built here after they have been in use for 12 months. Some near me already have patched repairs on the earlier patches and in places the road is better than a fairground ride.

Don Mega

I would get her to chuck the bottle at the boat,because among the little darlings other attributes,of being able to suck a tennis ball through a hose pipe and having absolutely no gag reflex,i am reliably told that she is pretty accurate at hitting staitionary objects.

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Don Mega

I would get her to chuck the bottle at the boat,because among the little darlings other attributes,of being able to suck a tennis ball through a hose pipe and having absolutely no gag reflex,i am reliably told that she is pretty accurate at hitting staitionary objects.

ohh ok, thanks for the clarification. Your other post was just nonsensical dribble.

On ‎27‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 3:36 AM, kiwikeith said:

Whereabouts in Hua Hin does it leave from?

This will mean a Chinese invasion of Hua Hin, I bet the ferry won't do 30 knots in rough weather and trip will take much longer times.

Your guess may be as good as others ;-)

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:19 PM, Borzandy said:

" a 38 metre long catamaran made in China " I'm going to wait some months before using this boat.

Probably some well used and abused from the HKG to Macao routes. Pulled out of service, cleaned, painted, and oils changed. Sold cheaply to the operators of this disaster in the making......       

On 27/12/2016 at 2:09 PM, dksharron said:

Saphan Pla to HH is how far, and will cost how much ?  Is there any info concerning transport between the two ?

I bet the 1:40 is only the beginning , and 1,200 baht only the beginning as well.

In the absence of someone more knowledgeable replying, I think its more Cha am than Hua Hin, approx 20 mins away, anyone confirm if I'm right?