Gold snatch attempt in North Pattaya

webfact

More Gold Snatching

By Danny Boy -

gold-snatch-2.jpg?fit=1928,1285

Gold snatch attempt in North Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- At around 10pm on December 26th, police were called to investigate an attempted gold robbery. The incident took place outside a Thai restaurant up in North Pattaya. Arriving on the scene, the police found a Thai businessman, 36 year old, holding part of a gold chain.

The owner of a dental clinic in Sri Richa, he had been travelling through Pattaya and had stopped off to grab something to eat. As he was locking his car, a young Thai male approached quickly on a motorbike and made a grab for the 3 baht gold chain that the businessman was wearing worth just under 60,000 Baht.

Luckily the youth missed, sort of, and only managed to get away with a small piece that snapped off.

Police and now looking at evidence and cctv in order to catch the offender. This investigation continues.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/gold-snatching/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-12-27

This is a far too common crime that should be taken more seriously by the BiB.

As I am of the thinking that many riders of motorbikes are unlicensed, etc, so a clamp down on  motorbikes in areas where this sort of crime happens may be one way of reducing this crime, even those motorbike riders who are not into criminal activities will not like a over observant police presence and may take it upon themselves to run these miscreants out of town.

Thai dentists are doing well financially if they can strut the deadly streets wearing 60K's worth of gold.  

' This is a far too common crime that should be taken more seriously by the BiB. '  Why would they?  They get a rake-off from all the successful snatches.  Check out the constables in the police station, they are dripping in it.

8 hours ago, Basil B said:

This is a far too common crime that should be taken more seriously by the BiB.

As I am of the thinking that many riders of motorbikes are unlicensed, etc, so a clamp down on  motorbikes in areas where this sort of crime happens may be one way of reducing this crime, even those motorbike riders who are not into criminal activities will not like a over observant police presence and may take it upon themselves to run these miscreants out of town.

They are doing just that... there have been a lot of checks on the roads around Pattaya recently, serves an added purpose of paying for an end-of-year party for the police. I don't see much likelihood of a vigilante revenge by honest bikers.. although there is often a good chance a criminal caught by the public will be punished!

Wearing large gold chains full of amulets around Pattaya is foolish, a local should know better.

I stopped wearing my modest gold chain, I had to, it got snatched off my neck!

Edited by jacko45k

59 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thai dentists are doing well financially if they can strut the deadly streets wearing 60K's worth of gold.  

' This is a far too common crime that should be taken more seriously by the BiB. '  Why would they?  They get a rake-off from all the successful snatches.  Check out the constables in the police station, they are dripping in it.

Dentists here, especially the clinic owners, do make a lot of money. Just look at how many girls have braces here, not necessary, purely for vanity, and they are by no means cheap.

To suggest that the police 'get a rake off from all successful snatches' is completely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

Dentists here, especially the clinic owners, do make a lot of money. Just look at how many girls have braces here, not necessary, purely for vanity, and they are by no means cheap.

To suggest that the police 'get a rake off from all successful snatches' is completely ridiculous.

Braces are cheaper than you think. Check it out. Simple set is around $50