Places for tourist in Thailand?

MasterChief86

I'Il be visiting Chiang Rai and Sukhothai along with Bangkok, mostly as a business trip. My company's paying the expense and i'll be spending most of the time at work. however, i will still get some leisure time once my key tasks are done, so in the meanwhile, i'll be playing a tourist too. 

The trip will be last at least 15 days and depending on the requirements, it could go upwards. also, i'd be engaging in financial activities too, like online transactions.

Can you guys, um, recommend me the best places i need to visit? With the best being first, in that order so i would be able to see the biggest landmarks in case it's a quick work here. And while i'm at it, recommend me a location where i can get real thai food. Google says sawasdee, sala rim and bo lan along with others, what do you guys say?

Also, i'm being a little paranoid about my transactions there. Most of them will be my company's i don't know if i should engage in it without securing my connection. i was told i should go for ivacy vpn over some facebook group, but i need to ask how cool or legit it is to secure data through a vpn. thanks :)

4 hours ago, MasterChief86 said:

Can you guys, um, recommend me the best places i need to visit?

Don't forget to visit Fee Fee and James Bond Islands.

i don't know if i should engage in it without securing my connection

If you will use public WiFi in Thailand, you should use a VPN to secure your data. Not just in Thailand, Free WiFi are vulnerable almost everywhere in the world.  

i was told i should go for ivacy vpn

I am using VPNs for years. Ivacy is a decent VPN in very low price, if you check out their pricing at https://www.ivacy.com/buy-vpn/ you will know it's quite affordable. 

17 hours ago, Sorenson said:

Don't forget to visit Fee Fee and James Bond Islands.

Could you mean Phi Phi ?  In Thailand the transliteration which results in "ph" is not pronounced like an f sound.

Hate to think how you'd pronounce Phuket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8LpA2JV9DE

Edited by Suradit69

Sukhothai is the ancient capital ( among others) of Thailand and has a huge area where the old city was , around the 1200's /1300's I think.

You should rent a motorcycle or bicycle to take it all in.

As stated  (by Kwasaki ) Sukhothai city has nothing of interest.

Chiang Rai has the White Temple (Wat Rong Kuhn)which should not be missed.

Also Wat Huay Plakang is very impressive ( if not finished yet.

The road to heaven is paved with good intentions, however to be more realistic if you are going to soi nana first I would recommend that you discover the delights of your room service and keep well away from gold shops, visiting relatives and locate your nearest pharmacy who can do miraculous things in just 3 days.

Gotta say, this looks suspiciously like an ad for a certain VPN company.  

OP with 5 posts asks about a specific VPN by brand name, to be answered shortly by another guy with 1 post, telling us that it's a good service and conveniently providing a link.

Or maybe I've just gotten cynical after 15 years in Asia?

17 minutes ago, impulse said:

Gotta say, this looks suspiciously like an ad for a certain VPN company.  

OP with 5 posts asks about a specific VPN by brand name, to be answered shortly by another guy with 1 post, telling us that it's a good service and conveniently providing a link.

Or maybe I've just gotten cynical after 15 years in Asia?

Thanks I wondered when someone may notice this. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Thanks I wondered when someone may notice this. 

Back when I was curious about stuff like this, I'd copy and paste a few generic phrases of the OP into Google and see how many hits resulted.  I figured nobody was going to pen that many words to spam just one website.  Sometimes, there were thousands of hits, meaning they were spamming thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of blogs.

I'm lazier than I am curious nowadays, though.

• 2 weeks later...

The local remand prison,just to make you remember you aint in kansas any more.

The local park where you will pay 100% more to enter than your family(if they are Thai)

The restaurant near the aforementioned park,which will happily strip you of what money you have left.

A short drive down the motorway,to realise what you are missing in your own country.

The wonders of Thailand are endless.

The local remand prison,just to make you remember you aint in kansas any more.
The local park where you will pay 100% more to enter than your family(if they are Thai)
The restaurant near the aforementioned park,which will happily strip you of what money you have left.
 A short drive down the motorway,to realise what you are missing in your own country.
The wonders of Thailand are endless.

100% if you're lucky. !!
A couple of weeks ago they wanted 500 baht for me to go see a waterfall, the car and gf were free !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect