Something Nice About The Pattaya Police

PATTAYAPUNTER

Around 2am on Friday, December 8, I was driving along the beach from soi 8 to Walking Street and was delighted to find the beach path to be quite well lit which prompted many farangs with their temporary and/or permanent girlfriends to take a stroll.

Then my mood was soured as I saw clusters of Thai men sitting on their motorbikes under the palm trees. My first thought was how intimidating that must be for the late night beach strollers.

However, to my very pleasant surprise, I noticed they were all uniformed Tourist Police officers and beach police officers (the ones who chase the vendors)!

Not a single ladybody or shady character in sight. However, the tactic is for hordes of girls to hover on the East side of Beach Road around Royal Garden, Mike Shopping Mall, and Subway.

I wonder what they're doing there? :o

All this under the new "PATTAYA CITY" sign over Bali Hai Pier which is well lit up Hollywood style.

Not a single ladybody or shady character in sight. However, the tactic is for hordes of girls to hover on the East side of Beach Road around Royal Garden, Mike Shopping Mall, and Subway.

That's why there aren't any working girls or other "shady characters" along the beach right now, because of the heavy police presence there every night.

That's why there aren't any working girls or other "shady characters" along the beach right now, because of the heavy police presence there every night.

Maybe they were chased away by the "fire and brimstone" crew. :D