Would You Leave Thailand ?

24 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

There are a lot of countries In which foreigners are not permitted to buy property, particularly 'landed' property.  It has the effect of pushing up prices for locals, as evidenced In Australia.

I don't have a definitive solution, but I would be very wary of buying property, even If I could, In amny 'developing' country, not even a condo In Thailand, which Is legal, and I certainly wouldn't be part of any dodgey arrangement sych as the nominee setup.

If you can afford to buy, you can afford to rent.

It does not really matter anyway . Land is purchase by companies building condos so in the end land price is soaring.

The big issue is market liquidity here. Unless buying something super attractive ( which is a wish because so many condos are built that its hard to get something which has a plus )

you are going to loose invested money. I know about some condo that could not be sold for YEARS. Can you imagine?

Edited by bodymassagemyfriend

9 hours ago, laislica said:

Well that explains a lot!

Me? Fell out of bed promptly at 08:20 this morning, just after the m/c's rush outa the mooban to go to work.

Now almost 21:00 so soon bed time.

I read that you don't live in Thailand, you work in Thailand LOL

OK, that's a Troll fed for the day.

Time to get back to reading/writing Thai!

Yeah I work here so obviously live here as well, or do you think I fly in from another country every day ?

47 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

What you don't spend your free time telling how good thailand is ? . 

The place is a s??? Hole , if you think  otherwise you go round with  blinkers on .

I don't have that much time on my hands, I live a stress free life in a nice climate.

Just finished my 5.00am walk round the lake, it was a bit nippy this morning though.

5 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

You're the one slagging off Thailand, and you don't live here.

Have you tried Ausvisa.com, if it exists ?

Not slagging thailand , it is the truth about thailand a s??? Hole , because I not live there can't have say , yes I can because I come and go to  visit family and friends.

still a s??? Hole , you can have it .

hop like most of them you  lose  the lot to thai p???.

4 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Not slagging thailand , it is the truth about thailand a s??? Hole , because I not live there can't have say , yes I can because I come and go to  visit family and friends.

I would think you do not have many friends. Also, I would not think your girlfriend's family have too much respect for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Settle petal, your gunna pop a valve with all that pent up aggression.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I would think you do not have many friends. Also, I would not think your girlfriend's family have too much respect for you.

Yes very true not have a lot of friends not want them .

You have no idea about , but you  attack me .

Your like all the 99% of ???? Wits that attack when the truth comes out .

thailand still a s??? Hole .

Just now, georgemandm said:

Yes very true not have a lot of friends not want them .

You have no idea about , but you  attack me .

Your like all the 99% of ???? Wits that attack when the truth comes out .

thailand still a s??? Hole .

George, you claim most people that reply to you are attacking you. you do this often. Are you going to offer Thairath your fists (you do that often as well).

• Like 1

Just now, Don Mega said:

George, you claim most people that reply to you are attacking you. you do this often. Are you going to offer Thairath your fists (you do that often as well).

People like you attack all the time because you can't  handle the truth .

i talk  fact not bs like most of them on Tv .

Just now, Don Mega said:

Iam not attacking you George just expressing my personal observation of your behavior, you appear to have a lot of pent up aggression and take every thing to heart which then leads to the red mist and you want to start beating up people.

You need to chillax Bro.

Merry Xmas and happy new year,

Don.

Ok up to you how you think 

15 hours ago, BuaBS said:

If I could , I'd be out of here in a flash .

Next year going home for a few months , so at least I don't have to sit through the smog season and the 40 celcius.

I like to do things and April/May are just too bloody humid to do anything.A couple of weeks ok,but 3 months is too much.These are the only months i leave Thailand to be a tourist in a cooler country.The rest of the problems members post about are trivial.Puff of smoke for me too.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, simon43 said:

I don't want to take this topic off-course.  But the 30+30+30 lease has never been legal in any shape or form.  Legal opinion is that if it were challenged in Court, then the initial 30 years of that 'fake' lease would also be declared false and non-enforceable.

I suggest you go and talk with a lawyer, preferably not the one that 'sold' you the idea of a 30+30+30 year lease.

I tried for for the mythical 30 times 3 and they told me no.Only 30 at a time.

7 minutes ago, Cook my sock said:

My slight worry is if the economy gets worse and farangs are seen in a worse light than they are now- the current military government is fairly xenophobic and could change or make new laws which affect our futures here.

Not sure the economy can get worse than what it is , but if the government dose not start to make some of the thai people pay taxes thailand will end up  broke in years to come like Greece and  Italy .

the government is very xenophobic that is why they make it so hard to get visa and all the bs reports .

can't understand why so many  foreigners live in thailand with all the bs visas s??? , is thai pussy that good.

come and go ok but live full time not for me .

14 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

It was, as they say, accepted and endorsed by local land offices as 'legal' at that time.. 

55,a lot of things are "accepted legal at the time".Go ask the blokes that built hotels in Nat Parks who have papers to prove it,Ko Samet being a recent example.

I'm reading house hold debt is third highest in the world (worked out on household income ratio) and at the same time there are new condos going up in Bangkok that start at 40 million and have a higher Sqm price than Shepherd Market in London.
Then you have a creaky bank system and a government in denial. Just takes one big event to set something off

14 hours ago, georgemandm said:

I feel the same as you going and coming to Australia, just come home Australia after 4 months in thailand and am so much happy here .

just everything is just so much better then thailand it is like black and white , Australia being white, like had ex ray to day after a  accident in thailand some months ago cost me not dollar.

the shopping at home in Melbourne just so good and prices not far away from thai prices.

My thai loves Australia just say how lucky we are to have a great county like Australia.

Not care but not understand how someone can give up a great county like Australia and move to thailand full time , but up to them .

I could never ever live full time in the land of so called smiles, of what I see not a lot of smiles.

You pre paid for that xray alright.1 and half % of your gross income for your entire working life.How much would that be george.I just happened to have 2 xrays yesterday.Straight in,no waiting.By the time i walked 2 minutes back to the treatment room and walked straight in,it was on the intranet.After discussing my problem i said i wanted a cd copy.She rang the xray dept and by the time i got there the cd and xrays were given to me.300 baht,cd free.You try doing that in Australia.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

You pre paid for that xray alright.1 and half % of your gross income for your entire working life.How much would that be george.I just happened to have 2 xrays yesterday.Straight in,no waiting.By the time i walked 2 minutes back to the treatment room and walked straight in,it was on the intranet.After discussing my problem i said i wanted a cd copy.She rang the xray dept and by the time i got there the cd and xrays were given to me.300 baht,cd free.You try doing that in Australia.

You are joking are you , I did not pay for it , we have the best  Health system in the world.

i had my ex ray back in 5 minutes and had a   Ultra sound as well free ,  results sent by email to my doctor .

tell me the 1.5 % is not much to pay for the  Best health system in the world is it .

last   Financial year I did not pay one cent in tax or the  midcare  Levy.

try that in thailand , no way the  Health system is bs in thailand have a look at the dirty hospital in issan.

Don't try and tell me thailand has a better health system then Australia , if you think it has you go around with  blinkers on .

try and get a free  life changing operation in thailand , no way  , money up front, so if you are going to get on here have all your  facts  right.

Edited by georgemandm
Spelling

7 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You are joking are you , I did not pay for it , we have the best  Health system in the world.

i had my ex ray back in 5 minutes and had a   Ultra sound as well free ,  results sent by email to my doctor .

tell me the 1.5 % is not much to pay for the  Best health system in the world is it .

last   Financial year I did not pay one cent in tax or the  midcare  Levy.

try that in thailand , no way the  Health system is bs in thailand have a look at the dirty hospital in issan.

Done try and tell me thailand has a better health system then Australia if you think it has you go around with  blinkers on .

Meh my healthcare is Thailand is 100% free.

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Meh my healthcare is Thailand is 100% free.

Yes and how is that though your thai wife I would think .

no other way is their.

tell me then dose every western get healthcare no .

Edited by georgemandm
Spelling

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Frued would have a life time of work with you and your obsession with thai p??? as you so eloquently call it.

• Like 1

Just now, georgemandm said:

Yes and how is that though you thai wife I would think .

no other way is their.

tell me then dose every western get healthcare no .

Nope not through my wife.

Had a hospital stay about 6 months which consisted of 2 nights in ICU then a few days in a private room, was treated like a King and the bill was impressive. Cost me Nada !!