Architect on big bike dies on bridge after failing to take corner

webfact

Architect on big bike dies on bridge after failing to take corner

p6.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A thirty three year old architect from Sakon Nakorn died after hitting a barrier and a lamppost on a bend in northern Bangkok this morning.

Nariphan Chaimang was dead at the scene from head trauma. He had also suffered two broken legs.

His black 650 cc Kawasaki Versys bike was found 200 metres further down the road.

The accident happened on the Rama 4 bridge on Chaeng Wattana Road heading towards Laksi.

Police understand that Nariphan was heading home after work in Sathorn to his house in Chaeng Wattana Soi 19. He hit a barrier then a lamppost at high speed after failing to negotiate a bend in the road, said police. His body was found in the far right lane.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-28

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, robertthebruce said:

Zero Sympathy

one less idiot on the roads.....

19 minutes ago, robertthebruce said:

Zero Sympathy

Your post is insane and disgusting for all bikers in LOS and all around the world. 

And for the human race. 

What did this guy do to you that you even call him an idiot after his tragic accident?

I feel very sorry for his relatives and friends and wish there'd be one less idiot behind the keyboard.  Have you ever ridden a big bike and know the feeling?

You don't have to, keep on hiding behind your keyboard. 

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Maybe the throttle of the bike was hanging? Or a soidog was on the road? Maybe there was oil on the tarmac?

He was most likely riding too fast....as they all do on these little "big bikes"...it's not rocket science!...Soi dogs are everywhere...oil and garbage is also everywhere

These people step off a Honda wave onto something with 50hp.......go figure!!

23 minutes ago, wayned said:

Yes he does!  He doesn't have the gonads to say it to anybody face to face!

I'd love a face o face chat with him if my brother would die because of a motorcycle accident....

Those idiots who don't know how dangerous it is to drive here should be very quiet. 

2 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Your post is insane and disgusting for all bikers in LOS and all around the world. 

And for the human race. 

What did this guy do to you that you even call him an idiot after his tragic accident?

I feel very sorry for his relatives and friends and wish there'd be one less idiot behind the keyboard.  Have you ever ridden a big bike and know the feeling?

What has the feeling got to do with being stupid, don't see any logical connection between the two.

3 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Zero Sympathy

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Maybe the cause was being an architect  ......

You old disgusting bar stool heroes and keyboard warriors. Scum of the earth.

Why are you still allowed to be members of this site is beyond comprehension.

arrrghhh....ptoooi!

Well, I'm a serious biker - I've been riding bikes for 43 years now, currently being the proud owner of a BMW R-1100-GS, which has been in my possession since 1999. I ride it on a daily basis, and have survived 3 very serious accidents (none of my making, I might add) including one involving diesel on the road while I was taking a corner.

To be honest: looking back, I should be dead by now, because riding a motorbike is one of the most dangerous hobbies on earth.

Not a week goes by without experiencing an extremely dangerous situation on the bike.

So it really, really comes as no surprise to me that this man had a serious accident on a very, very fast bike. Easy to lose control over, even if you have many years of experience. Sand, oil, another driver, any distraction can be enough to cause this kind of accident - including a lack of expertise.

Whatever the cause, it is a terrible thing that happened to this young man, and I wish his family much strength.

Thailand  has  way  too  many  dangerous  things  to  hit  if  u  fall off  a  bike and those stupid raised metal studs in the road are a  nightmare, they recently put a u  turn junction  near me and then put the road sign  for this right where you need to see at eye  level to  block the oncoming traffic from your view.....morons

2 hours ago, trogers said:

Photo shows a road that seems to be part of a bridge or fast motor lane...which is probably closed to motorcycles.

It's a regular road. I drive on it daily. I'm I'm correct, the accident happened on a sharpish bend. I once saw medics giving heart massage on a another guy who came off a small bike on the same bend. This bend is approached from a long straight-ish road. If the rider knew the road they would have known of this bend, but could catch an unaware rider offguard - a bike couldn't take it at 100 km/h that's for sure. I usually go around it at 60km/h or so in a car. 

18 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

If it true that the bike was found 200m away, the real cause seems pretty clear.

Arguably not clear (i.e. any assumptions of excessive speed are not confirmed by the distance the bike was found). As was mentioned in another recent thread and as anybody who has ever ridden a bicycle can tell you, it's quite possible for the motorcycle to continue in an upright position without the rider and glide for quite some distance akin to bicycling no-hands and without pedaling. Simple physics.

1 minute ago, CanInBKK said:

Arguably not clear (i.e. any assumptions of excessive speed are not confirmed by the distance the bike was found). As was mentioned in another recent thread and as anybody who has ever ridden a bicycle can tell you, it's quite possible for the motorcycle to continue in an upright position without the rider and glide for quite some distance akin to bicycling no-hands and without pedaling. Simple physics.

I bow to your experience, altough I cannot see the physics of a moving object travelling at 60km/h (slow speed as your argue), and continuing to travel upright for 200m when 30% of the total mass (150kg bike, 75kg rider) is removed sideways.

Unless the rider stood up and performed a somersault exit.

I am a physicist, my money is on speed.

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

He was most likely riding too fast....as they all do on these little "big bikes"...it's not rocket science!...Soi dogs are everywhere...oil and garbage is also everywhere

These people step off a Honda wave onto something with 50hp.......go figure!!

I think his bike has around 80HP, which is a lot of power for the roads in Thailand. What I noticed from the one photo here on TV is that it appears his helmet came off in the crash. Maybe he didn't have the chin/neck strap fastened. If the helmet stayed on it seems possible he could have survived the crash with only a couple of broken bones. Statistically 90% of the people that die in motorcycle accidents are caused from the fact there was no helmet on the head when it hit the ground.

I guess it is possible the helmet was removed from the rider's body by the medics before that photo was taken. But the article does say he died from head trauma, and I can't see any major damage to the helmet, so that is why I suspect the helmet was not part of the impact to the head. Of course hard to be sure with just the one photo.

Edited by Paul9989

9 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I bow to your experience, altough I cannot see the physics of a moving object travelling at 60km/h (slow speed as your argue), and continuing to travel upright for 200m when 30% of the total mass (150kg bike, 75kg rider) is removed sideways.

Unless the rider stood up and performed a somersault exit.

I am a physicist, my money is on speed.

you might want to watch this then physicist

Just some experiment to try. When driving out in the sticks somewhere, stop and buy a watermellon. about the size and weight of the human head. Get somebody else to drive at 50Km/h and hold the watermellon out of the car or vehicle window. Now drop it and see what happens?

Funny to think that a human head will do the same at 50Km/h.

That is why people wear helmets.

Good quality helmets stay on your head during high speed crashes. I know, I have had four crashes at speeds in excess of 240Km/h. My helmet saved my brains and my life. Jacket and other padding saved the sticking out bits from being torn off. I was lucky, I only slid, but if you hit something, then it's meet and greet with the Almighty.

Now this poor chap simply had an accident. It can happen any time anywhere, so RIP young fella. Condolences to family and friends of the rider.

44 minutes ago, Paul9989 said:

I think his bike has around 80HP, which is a lot of power for the roads in Thailand. What I noticed from the one photo here on TV is that it appears his helmet came off in the crash. Maybe he didn't have the chin/neck strap fastened. If the helmet stayed on it seems possible he could have survived the crash with only a couple of broken bones. Statistically 90% of the people that die in motorcycle accidents are caused from the fact there was no helmet on the head when it hit the ground.

I guess it is possible the helmet was removed from the rider's body by the medics before that photo was taken. But the article does say he died from head trauma, and I can't see any major damage to the helmet, so that is why I suspect the helmet was not part of the impact to the head. Of course hard to be sure with just the one photo.

Sorry, this does not suggest anything. If you hit something on a bike head-on at anything exceeding 20 miles per hours, it's quite likely your neck will break, or if that is not the case, tremendous trauma to the brain will ensue with, or without wearing a helmet. Looking at the damage to the light pole it seems that, if anything the helmet was still on.

3 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

Why are you still allowed to be members of this site is beyond 

3 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

Why are you still allowed to be members of this site is beyond comprehension.

arrrghhh....ptoooi!

Never heard of satire - you poor unfortunate person  - one who needs to cover their inadequatacy with abuse.

6 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

And for the human race. 

Err, that he might have been going too fast and was a danger to himself and others? Quote: He hit a barrier then a lamppost at high speed after failing to negotiate a bend in the road.