Another female teacher assault on a young child - but this time the parents buy her excuses

webfact

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Not a strong point in Thailand, even with graduates.

Seems to me that teacher training should include anger management.

There are other ways of educating children without beating the bejasus out of them!

Yes, I was rapped on the knuckles for using poor vocab such as 'got' and /or 'gotten'.   But not beaten or whipped!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if young children cannot keep up with simple maths,  it is more likely to be a teaching problem,  rather than a learning problem.  Teachers and parents should modify their ways !

What ever the background of the parents,  the teachers should know better.

Are there teacher training establishments in this country which endorse this action ?

Edited by bumpkin

But this time the family have accepted the teacher's excuses for attacking their child

There is absolutely no excuse for the physical abuse of a child and although the Parents? accept the teachers reasons the school should not. These reports are only the tip of the iceberg, it seems the first response to anything is to strike out.

Just now, mettech said:

Well it is like old time school going in the 50's they where using the barber strap and it does heart a lot but guess what you alw6ays remember why it happen 12divide by 4 =5 oh no wack wack wack oh 3 right answer.good .

Are you suggesting that physically hurting less intelligent Children or slow learners will benefit them and make them become more intelligent ?

Just now, sanemax said:

Are you suggesting that physically hurting less intelligent Children or slow learners will benefit them and make them become more intelligent ?

No not at all but just to mention it happened way before and it continue to happen it is unfortunate for the kid and parents but if the teachers where all in the right mind they would have a better solution.

It's pure speculation of course but I've lived in this country long enough to begin to understand how it ticks.

A private school I think the article said. Now it would not want its image tarnished in anyway would it. I wonder if it offered the parents some sort of "compensation". 

In the West the school would be sued and the lawyers would take the biggest cut. If this is the case then it's only cutting out the middleman and everyone saves face.

It is sad what happens at some schools.
Partially beating teachers without proper educational training and pedagogics.

.... he just hated mathematics.
Mathematics can be so interesting.
Especially the many possible, different ways to a solution.
For example, 9 multiplied by 19.
My daughter has learned in her thai school:
9 x   9 = 81 plus
9 x 10 = 90
Together = 171

I showed her =
10 x 19 = 190 minus 1 x 19 = 171
Her teacher has marked this as wrong in her homework.

Edited by tomacht8

On 12/29/2016 at 4:40 AM, NCC1701A said:

I am so glad I don't have kids in Thailand.

What a hell hole these schools are.

"how much is 12 divided by 3?"

"6"

"wack"

"8"

"wack"

"4"

"wack. oh sorry. that correct. sit down and bleed over there"

I'd like to give the teacher 40 wacks with her own stick! Make it a broom stick she 's a witch...