23 die in fiery Chonburi wreck

webfact

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched this terrible accident on the evening News...

looked awful..

but I was amazed at the amount of people taking Vidoes/Photos ???

anyway, Break time, and the first advert, is a Car advert speeding through the roads, driving like a nutter, ?? And this sells cars ???

Then the usual Thai soap comes on, and Alchol and cigarettes are blurred ???

something not right, you see over 20 people burned alive in two mini vans, but. You can't see Alchol or Cigarettes ???

go figure....

all sad for the dead...., doubt if this will change in my life time...

What sickens me even more is the police not controlling the accident scene, "" lets stop and look at all the burnt people and we'll gets some pics while we are here to send to our friends". I can't get my head around the way an accident scene is treated here, a three ring circus comes to mind. Until this government gets the Police to actually do their job, everything will continue as normal in the LOS.

55 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

My Mrs is sitting here ranting to me that Thailand has been doing something about the road accidents for years even the big wigs went overseas to see how to do things! you cant argue with Thais they protect there own

Did she say exactly WHAT Thailand has been doing about situations like this? Many of the 'Big Wigs' that I know ( and know of ) always welcome the opportunity to go overseas, and other countries on investigating trips. They investigate the free trips, the food, the VIP treatment, etc. Sometimes they actually attend meetings concerning why they went to a particular country in the first place.

I imagine the people in the pick up would have been killed by the force off the mini van smashing into it and hitting them or throwing them from the truck.

The people in the mini van , some might have been lucky and died instantly or been knocked out , but anyone who survived the impact probably had major injuries and couldn't even begin to try to escape through any broken windows as the doors would have been useless.

The thing that made this such a fireball apart from fuel in the mini van is the internal parts off the van. Everything inside is cheap plastic , there are all them seats packed in a small space and all filled with padding, foam and fake leather . All off which would go up in seconds , then add peoples luggage and their clothes they were wearing and it would ignite rapidly. 

Absolutely horrific way to go and they wont be the last to suffer such a fate until the government does something all over the country about the driving standards and starts policing the roads 24/7 !

But as usual it will be a case of don`t worry it was just their time or some similar way to make people think its acceptable . R.I.P

4 hours ago, CGW said:

Make them drive in the left hand lane only! not the "fast" lane which they consider if for them only!

They don't really care what lane, hard shoulder is just as good for them..... I was being serious, you can't teach these idiots anything, except just catch the really bad ones and hurt them in the pocket. Fit all these mini vans with GPS tracking signals and then you can see what speeds they're going at, and on what roads.

1 hour ago, DUNROAMIN said:

What sickens me even more is the police not controlling the accident scene, "" lets stop and look at all the burnt people and we'll gets some pics while we are here to send to our friends". I can't get my head around the way an accident scene is treated here, a three ring circus comes to mind. Until this government gets the Police to actually do their job, everything will continue as normal in the LOS.

In many of the more gruesome accidents, it's the "coffin chasers" who actually do most of the work, esp with the dead and seriously-injured.  The police don't like to handle dead and dying people.

Was the bus fitted with LPG or NGV gas? Makes a big difference.

LPG- Many recorded incidents of gas explosions in accidents.

NGV- Not very many a handful of incidents, mostly due to gas leaking not tanks exploding.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

3 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Yes. That proofs only that Thailand is a 3rd world country. The current government failed badly. Get I arrested now for this comment?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes, you do!

Left the jokes aside, I think Thailand is doing well in comparison to 3rd world counties list!

Yes, you do!

Left the jokes aside, I think Thailand is doing well in comparison to 3rd world counties list!

I can't determine which feeling is prominent. Anger or sadness.

29 people died for nothing. So many families and friends are mourning right now. :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Once when driving between con can and udon, it looked like a bus had gone off the road plowed down an embankment and stopped in a rice paddy, must have been 40 cars parked there. I figure the rubber neckers are already in the way well before any first responders are. So that task would be well out of the bib pay grade to handle.

I think it was a leak from the gas tank that lead to the big explosion on impact. More people could have survived without LPG . 

Stay away from minivans if you want to live. 

How sad. It will never stop. There is not much the authorities can do really to stop this. These passenger mini van drivers are hired by owners for one thing, get there as fast as you can, pickup the next lot and get back ASAP.  The drivers are tired but will not rest or sleep as it means money to them. They have a drink or 2 and after a few hours they are so tired there eyes start to get heavy and fall asleep.  One big problem is that they do not go through and driving tests they go down to the official place and apply for a license and get it. 

I often drive from Khon Kaen to Pattaya and these van drivers are up your tail pipe overtaking with little room to do it and you have to get out of the way.. Passenger vans should have a 90 speed limit when caught over that ban them, huge fine, and possible auto 3 month jail. But we all know a few Baht under the counter will fix it.

It will take a miracle to stop this MURDER.

New Year suppose to be a time of celebration and new hopes and dreams, it seems however that money making opportunities are considered the only hopes and dreams of many, over crowding, overtime driving and drugs and alcohol destroy so many lives year after year, and you know what, the only way to stop this happening is to walk or go by train.

I just avoid going on the roads around these 'celebrations'

9 hours ago, retarius said:

There are a lot of great suggestions on here about tachometers and the like, fitted as standard in developed countries. But nothing can be done and no laws passed will be effective until there is a functioning police force whose purpose should be to uphold the laws. If 200 baht in the gloved hand can buy you out of any bad driving what hope is there?

For me I would like to see a cultural change whereby local communities get together and say 'no more'. Let's have local parents and schools get together to police their own children/students with regard to licenses, drinking, helmets and the like. In my town we have a police man on duty outside the local high school where kids drive out on motor bikes without helmets and 3 or 4 to a bike…he does nothing at all, it seems his job is to blow his whistle a lot. Yet 100 yards down the road on the main road there is a poster campaign to get kids to wear helmets….wouldn't you think that someone somewhere in the township authorities or police would move the campaign to the high school?

the "stupid system" does  not allow for anyone to do anything thats "not their  job" even suggesting something is " not  on"

6 hours ago, alation said:

Please we must pray for the families of those killed and also that they are able to be identified. 

RIP PEOPLE AND GOD BLESS 

he  didnt  bless them  much  as  they  burnt  alive  though  did he

9 hours ago, catman20 said:

just shows you wrong place wrong time.RIP to all 

I was following a double decker bus from Pattaya to korat once and I couldn't believe my eyes......inside was a full blown disco operating with laser lights and disco lights flashing everyone out of their seats dancing . The bus was hooting along at 120 kl/hr...and they wonder why so many get killed in them ??? Someone needs their head read, stupidity again at the highest level, should be a death sentence for those responsible.

5 minutes ago, ThaiTrav said:

I was following a double decker bus from Pattaya to korat once and I couldn't believe my eyes......inside was a full blown disco operating with laser lights and disco lights flashing everyone out of their seats dancing . The bus was hooting along at 120 kl/hr...and they wonder why so many get killed in them ??? Someone needs their head read, stupidity again at the highest level, should be a death sentence for those responsible.

Ive mentioned before, I once sat outside  my  local ptt garage watching the cars come in and out, out  of 20 vehicles I saw come in NONE had seatbelts on, same attitude with my staff "mai pen rai" no seatbelt, told him he  puts it on or he can walk...mai pen rai

At least 25 killed in a head-on collision in Chon Buri

IMG_8343.jpg

CHONBURI: -- At least 25 people were killed and several others were injured in a deadly collision between a passenger van and a pickup truck on Road No 344 in Chon Buri’s Ban Bung district on Monday afternoon.

Witnesses said that several of the victims were trapped and burned alive in the two vehicles which caught fire following the collision.

Rescue workers said that 14 people, including four men and 10 females, died in the Bangkok-Chanthaburi passenger van whereas 11 people, including five men and six women, in the ill-fated pickup truck were killed.

Initial police report said that the passenger van which was heading for Bangkok from Rayong province jumped the lane and collided headon with an incoming pickup truck bound for Rayong.

The strong impact from the collision caused the two vehicles to catch fire, trapping several passengers inside.

One of the witnesses wrote in his Facebook page under the name of Phipob Promkate, saying that most of the witnesses did not bother to rush to the rescue of the victims trapped inside the burning vehicles but instead used their smartphones to take pictures of the incident.

“I got off (from his car) to help the injured, ran to ask for a sling and a rope from those who stopped to watch the incident. But no one bothered with him and busily took pictures with their smartphones.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/least-25-killed-headon-collision-chon-buri/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-01-03