Minivan with completely bald tires stopped - but driver is allowed to carry on

webfact

30 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

You may start by trying to explain the meaning of the words "to serve and protect" to a RTP officer.

Why?

It's an American motto.  A foreign, Western, "idea".

Do you think that Thailand wants to be America, or anywhere else in the West?

They want all the "things" we invented, they don't want our ideas.

Edited by Enoon

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

You may start by trying to explain the meaning of the words "to serve and protect" to a RTP officer.

Get some foreign advisors from countries with very low accident / death rates.

Yes, it is time to lose some face, Thailand. 

Lose some face, save LOTS of lives.

2 minutes ago, DekDaeng said:

Get some foreign advisors from countries with very low accident / death rates.

Yes, it is time to lose some face, Thailand. 

Lose some face, save LOTS of lives.

"Lose some face, save LOTS of lives."

That is excellent and should be adopted as the slogan for a new government in Thailand!!!

6 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Why?

It's an American motto. 

Do you think that Thailand wants to be America, or anywhere else in the West?

They want all the "things" we invented, they don't want our ideas.

Thailand's whole social attitude to life in general completely changed the day the mobile phone was introduced into into the country

I recall in Aus years ago ... if your tread was less than the thickness of a match head, they cops threw the book at you ... BIG fines and a couple of days to change the tire(s) then a yellow sticker was attached to the windscreen and an appointment was made for you to attend a vehicle inspection centre were the sticker was removed if the tire had been replaced ... the only problem was, the inspectors then went through the whole vehicle picking up numerous other 'faults' ... cost me a fortune, but at least my vehicle was safe to drive ... such a simple process ... but I guess B. notes would be handed out to the inspectors for every fault found allowing the driver to continue on his way ..... sheeesh !

Parking in aBlue Disabled Zone in LA is now 800,yes,800 $.!!. Plus a fine for ignoring aMandatory sign So 1000 $ is the ball park price for being idle,to scared to have a bald tyre there Possibly 25to Life sentence

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So how many kilometers has this man driven loaded with passengers before the worn tyres have got right down to this state..?

News this morning shows another Transport Co minibus in the drainage ditch after hitting a pick-up near BKK...passengers here are just cargo to these drivers/companies..& folk need to realise this.

As for laws, changes, more checks, GPS, limiters.. every TV member knows we'll be reading these same stories 5, 6, 10 yrs from now.. TiT.

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Breaks are useless if there isn't anything to grip the road.  Can just hear his excuse now after he kills his passengers, "Not my fault, tyres were bald and blew out"

'breaks are useless..."    He just had a break - which he shouldn't have had when the police told him to change the tyres.

As for the brakes on the van, one can only guess.

If he has a blowout and causes an accident, no doubt the brakes will be blamed - as usual.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

But the police just let the driver go with a warning. The driver promised he would have them changed "tomorrow".

Police then advised him to drive slowly to avoid an accident.

Happy New Year!!!!!

6 hours ago, macduff said:

The police need better training

Maybe they do. but, IMO, it is the corruption that is the main problem, I have been stopped twice by policemen on their own, they can do or say what they like, for making a mistake by being on a road where motorcycles are forbidden, as I do not obey any laws that I don't agree with, I just carry 300Bt for the nice policeman and continue riding on these roads when it suits me. By the way my bike is over 250cc.

3 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

i was sitting at an inspection station (Dtor Ror Or) waiting for my bike to get the certificate so i could renew the registration, there were cars and pick-ups being passed that had broken lights, bald tyres and belching smoke. Besides police not enforcing the laws there should also be inspections of the inspection centers, and heavy fines.

More brown envelopes.

3 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

With a police force like this, don't expect any changes soon.

The main reason being that the actual high ranking police officers gain the biggest share of all the brown envelopes that are being passed around. The road checks, weigh stations, test centres, etc, etc, etc.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

The main reason being that the actual high ranking police officers gain the biggest share of all the brown envelopes that are being passed around. The road checks, weigh stations, test centres, etc, etc, etc.

Didn't the junta seize power promising to cut out corruption. You mean it's still going on?

3 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Did I read this correctly The mini bus had bald tyres and was allowed to proceed to pick up passengers as the police give him 1 more day to change the tyres :w00t:

And we all know that Tomorrow Never Happens!

5 hours ago, needforspeed said:

sadly thats how it is.

A million rules and regulations but not following up.

Police is a joke

Supposing all this tea money was stopped, and the police were given individual bonus payments for the arrests and charges they made to all the lawbreakers concerning traffic laws. test centres, weigh stations etc, as well as drivers, riders.

What would happen then? How many lives would be saved? Oh! and the police not allowed to charge anyone, unless there were more than one officer present.

The police are worse than the drivers.  They should know better and are not at all doing their jobs correctly or enforcing any road rules (except helmets and drink driving).  I have no respect what so ever for the shit Thai police department.  I have made that very clear many times, even to their faces.  The Thai are also starting to do this by publicly posting photos and videos all over the net.  Respect needs to be earned not given and this scum don't deserve any of it. 

2 hours ago, fred007 said:

The Royal Thia Police pulled me over once  and said my tyre was flat  

The police officer  caution me and told to put some air in the tyre asap beacuse it was only flat on the bottom.:smile:

This being Thailand, I actually believe that.:biggrin:

So the carnage will continue.... don't expect any change soon!
They let him go to pick-up passengers with completely bald tyres telling him to drive slowly, after having said he would change them tomorrow!!!!

They said they were checking vehicles to prevent another tragedy, but this so easily could have been the next one !!!!!

This is so un-believeable it's as tragic as the accident itself!

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

The only way they can stop this stupidity is to impose an immediate fine on any transport company that is involved in an accident of 10M baht/incident, in addition to paying all expenses for victims of the accident and paying compensation to all dead victims families. Bullshit walks and money talks, that's the only way to stop this.

Do some, if not all of these transport companies not have a police financial interest involved? Just like the pavement vendors, go go bars, etc,etc.

They didn't do anything about the tires because they weren't told to by there high ups.

IE It wasn't bald tire day.

The RTP are a military based hierarchy, not policemen like we know in the west who are capable of independent thinking and judgement. As in the military the best way to stay in the good books in the RTP are do as your told and nothing else. Might make the boss look bad and that's a much worse sin than anything else

Untill this concept is changed nothing else will change. Ever.