Trusting farang robbed after leaving his money in the wardrobe

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/01/2017 at 4:41 PM, chrisinth said:

Not sure I understand all the accusations that it was the girl pointing in the OP making her guilty of the theft. According to the OP she was with her husband when the theft took place.

Didn't you hear her said in thai language on the handphone, "it's in the cupboard "

BTW, does OP stands for "officer of Police"?

12 hours ago, Radar501 said:

The culprit knew exactly where to look, given that the wardrobe is still neat and tidy.

Hiding the loot in a pair of undies complete with brown skid mark probably wouldn't have helped  either.

The-Brief-Safe-Hidden-Contents.jpg

Used to import these into uk. Called brief safe made by a weird company in USA called shower tec. They sell some pretty crude s hit but interesting all the same.

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Look at her family prime suspects.

Years ago i hid 19.000 baht in shoes in a wardrobe, went later to get some money, all gone.

On checking who has been in my bedroom usual answer !! mai roo !!

Mother in law acting very shifty, i said get the police, i was told mil took it for safe keeping.

I feel sorry for you if you still live among this scum.

Thailand has several banks where, with the right documents, you can easily open a bank and withdraw money from it anywhere. There are literally thousands upon thousands of ATMs in Thailand. Why is anyone carrying around so much money or stuffing it in weird places? It's like stuffing money under a mattress because you "don't trust the bank". Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Strange how the person knew to go right to the spot where the Baht was hidden. Almost like they knew where it was...Nahh..I am reading to much into this me thinks. On a lesser note she has a nice new cell phone on the bed.  

Edited by HuahinJohn

22 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Not sure I understand all the accusations that it was the girl pointing in the OP making her guilty of the theft. According to the OP she was with her husband when the theft took place.

Sorry to sound so cynical, but my guess would be the girlfriends "brother."

Enter through the door with borrowed key and out the window..just to make it look good

On 03/01/2017 at 6:09 PM, dotpoom said:

I imagine the wife has good grounds for slander charges to be brought against some of the posters on here....

I'd like to hear their defence when questioned by a lawyer.

Ha, ha, ha, lawyer in Thailand? Slander charges ha, ha, ha. If you have a little knowledge of law (especially British common law) you would understand it is very difficult to charge someone with Libel or Slander.

It had to be spoken to a group of people big enough to damage her social standing and the status of the person whose social standing was damaged would be brought into consideration. If She is a nobody in the society and all the people who heard the slander were just a small group of pot-belly beer drinkers the judge would dismiss the case forthwith.

The judge said, "What ? just some washouts & opportunists from Britiain other farang countries were listening ? "There is no case here", he said with a wave of his hand to the court clerk and he retired from the bench.

Mr PM,dotpoom or whatever you called yourself, if the Thais understand laws and follow the laws then Thailand would become "A paradise" in every sense of the word.

15 hours ago, madusa said:

Ha, ha, ha, lawyer in Thailand? Slander charges ha, ha, ha. If you have a little knowledge of law (especially British common law) you would understand it is very difficult to charge someone with Libel or Slander.

It had to be spoken to a group of people big enough to damage her social standing and the status of the person whose social standing was damaged would be brought into consideration. If She is a nobody in the society and all the people who heard the slander were just a small group of pot-belly beer drinkers the judge would dismiss the case forthwith.

The judge said, "What ? just some washouts & opportunists from Britiain other farang countries were listening ? "There is no case here", he said with a wave of his hand to the court clerk and he retired from the bench.

Mr PM,dotpoom or whatever you called yourself, if the Thais understand laws and follow the laws then Thailand would become "A paradise" in every sense of the word.

You should not kid yourself. Defamation is serious thing in Thailand. Look at all the news where top officials take the person who said something to court over almost anything as it was slanderous and made then person look bad. Be it newsprint or such. Be it Thai police to government that is always their response when questioned about intent or statements they deem as losing face or stature.