Megyn Kelly leaving Fox News for NBC News

webfact

Megyn Kelly leaving Fox News for NBC News

by Dylan Byers and Brian Stelter

Megyn Kelly wanted out of Fox News.

On Tuesday she stunned the television news world by defecting from Fox, her TV home for the past decade, and joining NBC News.

Later this year Kelly will start hosting a daytime news program on weekdays and a prime time program on Sundays, both on the NBC network.

Kelly will only be on Fox for a few more days. She will sign off her 9 p.m. show, "The Kelly File," on Friday night.

Full story: http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/media/megyn-kelly-nbc-fox-news/index.html

cnn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright CNN 2017-01-04

Anchor Megyn Kelly to join NBC after 12 years with Fox News

Fox News presenter Megyn Kelly, who has worked at the channel for 12 years, is leaving the network to join NBC, her publicist has confirmed.

Ms Kelly will host her own daytime news and discussion program at NBC, as well as presenting an in-depth Sunday night news show.

The move deprives Fox News of its second most-popular host after Bill O'Reilly.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38499197

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-01-04

Guess Megyn just couldn't put up with FoxNews approach to reporting anymore....that is, anything the Republicans say or do is good; anything the Democrats say or do is bad.   Or what FoxNews like to say was "fair and balanced conservative reporting."

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Guess Megyn just couldn't put up with FoxNews approach to reporting anymore....that is, anything the Republicans say or do is good; anything the Democrats say or do is bad.   Or what FoxNews like to say was "fair and balanced conservative reporting."

anything the Democrats say   is bad "

More like anything the Democrats say is untrue:giggle:

These days, Fox, CNN, and all the networks are all about the same. Sure, they have different editorial biases. But, none of them really are reporting the news in a way it used to be done. At least most of the other networks do not have those silly talk shows like Hannity, and O'Reilly. It feels more like entertainment, with the short segments. I kind of like RT, in that they do real investigative reporting. But, of course they are a mouthpiece for King Vlad the impaler. And they pretty much follow the dictates of the Kremlin. At least they have some lengthy bits of investigating of  American corporations, and Wall Street. And you have to admit shows like the Keiser report and Redacted Tonight are hysterically funny. However, they talk about stuff that the timid networks will not touch, so I find them useful. But, all of the news channels these days are biased. You just have to be aware of which bias they are aligning with, when you watch them, and take that into account. 

1 hour ago, Roger Lee said:

A lot of Democrats here, still crying over their loss. I don't remember the Republicans crying so much when the current POTUS won 8 and 4 years ago.

Get over it and support the President elect or move to Canada with Barbara Streisand and all her fellow cronies. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You must have been on a different planet then, I supported Trump but I have never seen a bigger bunch of crybabies over Obama winning both times in my life. They are still crying about Obama. Hillary is out, done, finished and they are still crying about her. I hope Trump does a good job for the working class but I'm sure if he doesn't it will be Jimmy Carters fault. Megyn Kelly is just an entertainer and not a true news figure.   Fox news and CNBC are just entertainment also,  but millions of undereducated Waco's believe its real factual news on both sides.

1 hour ago, Roger Lee said:

A lot of Democrats here, still crying over their loss. I don't remember the Republicans crying so much when the current POTUS won 8 and 4 years ago.

Get over it and support the President elect or move to Canada with Barbara Streisand and all her fellow cronies. LOL

Maybe this will jog your clearly defective memory

https://mediamatters.org/research/2012/11/07/right-wing-media-react-to-obamas-re-election-wa/191202

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/5-unhinged-right-wing-reactions-romneys-defeat

I'm glad the "all about me" Kelly is gone. When her show started it seemed worth watching. After about three or four months her "I've got the latest update" on a hot story which she would push into her last segment turned out to be just a rehash of what was already known.

15 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

I guess she finally got fed up with the "Grab that p@ssy" network.

She might like the whole grabbing p@ssy thing. You'll never get to sing on the Ellen show with an attitude like that.

Edited by BlindMagician
Auto checker goes too far

All these changes at FN since Ailes got tossed.  For the people working there it was like a family that takes on a new life after the death of the oppressive patriarch. 

It was common knowledge that Ailes was grooming Megyn to be "the next Greta."  That election night she slapped down Karl Rove was the turning point, and afterwards Ailes took her side.  Then there was that quip after one of the debates "Donald Trump is talking to Sean Hannity, let's see if he talks to any of the journalists in the room." 

Week long riots and pillaging. Celebrities threatening to leave the country, they lied. And then you have the recounts, blame it on James Comey, blame it on Vladimir Putin. I could go on.

I don't remember all of this happening previously. Writing an editorial is one thing but rioting?

Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a robot in a fictional entertainment movie (he is not really a robot).

Megyn Kelly plays a journalist in a fictional entertainment show. (she is not really a journalist).

15 hours ago, Roger Lee said:

You do understand that this is a forum created mostly for expats?So the odds are the most of the people posting here already have left America. Are you suggeting that they return to America just so that they can leave it again?  And maybe you should define "support" before you ask people to do it. Is it anything like the support Donald Trump gave to President Obama when he revved up the nonsense that was birtherism?  Just asking.

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These days, Fox, CNN, and all the networks are all about the same. Sure, they have different editorial biases. But, none of them really are reporting the news in a way it used to be done. At least most of the other networks do not have those silly talk shows like Hannity, and O'Reilly. It feels more like entertainment, with the short segments. I kind of like RT, in that they do real investigative reporting. But, of course they are a mouthpiece for King Vlad the impaler. And they pretty much follow the dictates of the Kremlin. At least they have some lengthy bits of investigating of  American corporations, and Wall Street. And you have to admit shows like the Keiser report and Redacted Tonight are hysterically funny. However, they talk about stuff that the timid networks will not touch, so I find them useful. But, all of the news channels these days are biased. You just have to be aware of which bias they are aligning with, when you watch them, and take that into account. 

Hmmm. Hannity and O'Reilly are opinion shows, not talk shows ie they are about the presenter's opinions. They usually try to have an opposing viewpoint, but more or less conform to the presenter's druthers.

While Hannity is usually too rabidly right wing for me, I liked to watch O'Reilly every morning while I was in LOS.

I always felt that Kelly was not happy there, as she was obviously being required to conform to the owner's overall bias. IMO she really didn't like having to be pro Trump, so it will be interesting if she goes full on anti Trump now.

As for Megyn Kelly, I had forgotten about her pretty overt racism. She dedicated 45 shows to this tiny fringe organization called the New Black Panthers and repeatedly had guests on who tried to connect it to  Barack Obama

"Over the course of two weeks and 45 separate segments, Kelly and her colleagues at Fox News aired video from the Philadelphia incident—where the NBPP members in question shouted insults at white Americans—connecting it to the Obama administration in an effort to paint the president as hostile toward white Americans, part of a broad conspiracy to intimidate white voters."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/01/megyn_kelly_is_a_racial_demagogue.html