God

corkscrew

Just a note..

If this becomes a thread about certain religions (you know what i mean).. then it will be closed.

thanks

totster :D

What religions aren't allowed to be discussed? I guess Buddhism is the only one isn't it?

I wasn't saying that some religions are not allowed to be discussed.. What i was trying to say was if this becomes a discussion about certain religions with generalisations being made then it will be closed. Feel free to discuss what you want, but keep it fair and balanced.

You know full well what I mean I suspect ! :o

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note..

If this becomes a thread about certain religions (you know what i mean).. then it will be closed.

thanks

What religions aren't allowed to be discussed? I guess Buddhism is the only one isn't it?

I wasn't saying that some religions are not allowed to be discussed.. What i was trying to say was if this becomes a discussion about certain religions with generalisations being made then it will be closed. Feel free to discuss what you want, but keep it fair and balanced.

What's Sunday afternoon without a pop at the chief thread closer. :D

Now off to forum support, bloody edit function not working, getting logged out automatically, hope all the glitches are sorted out soon, doing my head in. :D

edit: Meemiathai, that you tube link is is quite infamous, and it is disgraceful, and I personally don't find much respect for anybody helping to publicise it. that otherwise sweet little kid is being paraded for her uncle's cowardness. He himself posted a vdo on there somewhere too.. bleating on about how everybody should be allowed their own opinions... hupcrtical d1ck doesn't even let his niece form her own opinions. I'd say remove the link, but it ain't my choice.

Do people really believe in a God, a supreme being?

Personally, I just cannot comprehend a being that is so much more advanced than Humans, who would create a species so capable of self destruction ( Humans), don't make sense to me.

I don't mean to be funny here, but on a par with what you say, how can you not believe it.. We humans do it all the time: Look at all the computer games and action movies...

all the death and destruction there. Not least of which space invaders, one of the first console games I played after pacman and that, was a game called Lemmings.... i forget what the point of the game was but i recall lots of lemmings killing themselves all the time. no it's got to the point where it's guns and bazooka's and street fighters etc... etc...

we create things to destroy all the time

Why shouldn't God have his own life size computer game. We are his sim city, Gta, half life and the sims all in one.

Just a note..

thanks

Just a note..

thanks

Guys yeah. I agree with Totster here. There's a thread in Bedlam for all those who wish to worship me. Let's not drag it out in public.

Edited by kayo

I am not discussing if religion itself is good or bad.(although I have my own judgements for them already)

I don't want to name/offend any religion.

But I can't stand not to ask WHY/HOW people can believe in God. I mean human beings are going to space already and we are still listening to hearsays that someone actually walked on water?

I have no idea why you are saying that u-tube is disgraceful. :o

I am not discussing if religion itself is good or bad.(although I have my own judgements for them already)

But I can't stand not to ask WHY/HOW people can believe in God. I mean human beings are going to space already and we are still listening to hearsays that someone actually walked on water?

Belief is something that is unique to humans and it is rooted in the subconscious.

Humans are the only creatures that look 'outside the box' for answers in nature, we went to the moon because we wanted to see first hand what it is and to see if it was possible to get there.

Our curiosity is imbedded deep within our psyche, it is a most primitive desire, we believe so much that there is an answer to everything that the belief system can overide our rationality and make us believe anything. Even that there is a God, or two, or more if that makes you feel better.

The brain will try and protect itself from actions that are not geared to self preservation, if ideas are germs (called memes) the brain has an immune system, all ideas are taken in and then rejected on merit such as; is this beneficial to individual survival, is this beneficial to survival as part of a group, have I encountered this idea before and did the positives outweigh the negatives, did I accept other ideas from the same source. This immune system works differently for different people dependent on social and genetic factors.

It is what makes the difference between being narrow minded and broad minded, cynical or gulliable. It's whatever floats your boat.

I guess you could call me a cynic when it comes to God.

Edited by Robski

We Need to bring back...proper Neo-Pagan ecofriendly faiths...Thais are already half way there...

This is one of the things I truly Love about Thailand, they never lost touch with the old ways.

What a joke :D

Mr. Wiccan, is this why my front lawn is littered with plastic bags and garbage every morning from passers-by? Or, maybe this is the "half way" they still have to go? :o

This is just the tad-bit-worn recycled "noble savage" North American concept which was put to rest a long time ago, once anthropologists researched the oppressive religious practices bound up in these ancient "pagan" religions as well. The abuses of Christianity/Judaism pale in comparison to what you'll find there.

Edited by toptuan

What's Sunday afternoon without a pop at the chief thread closer. :D

Now off to forum support, bloody edit function not working, getting logged out automatically, hope all the glitches are sorted out soon, doing my head in. :o

:D So dang funny! And more guts than I got. Guess you can get away with it when you have 3,000+ posts to your name! :D

Wimp TT

(only 700+ posts)

Thank God I'm an athiest!

No really, seriously, I am a dyslexic athiest. I lie in bed all night wondering "Is there a Dog?"

I agree that we should get back to basics with Pagan/Roman Gods, Deitys and festivals.

Saturnalia, with loads of eating and drinking. :D:D:o:D

Eostre, with loads of drinking and sh*gging. :D:D :D

Beats the sh1t out of bluddy Xmas carols and chocolate eggs.

I despise missionaries. Why if your going to help some one why must you also try and make him change gods as payment for your aid...

Hmmm. Must've read Hawaii by James Michener and believed it... :o Gosh, this guy's stereotypcial missionary-bashing is soooo 19th century! Do you know any real live missionaries? In Thailand yet?

Edited by toptuan

No really, seriously, I am a dyslexic athiest. I lie in bed all night wondering "Is there a Dog?"

Come to any conculsions, yet?

I agree that we should get back to basics with Pagan/Roman Gods, Deitys and festivals.

Saturnalia, with loads of eating and drinking.

Eostre, with loads of drinking and sh*gging.

Don't forget all the baby/virgin sacrifices, and cutting out human hearts! :o

I have no idea why you are saying that u-tube is disgraceful. :o

I think that particular utube link is disgraceful. I mean, the eight year old child is "Pumped" full of someone elses opinions, and made to spew them out in a "cute" (read, degrading) manner

The person who fed her this shit should have the balls to say it himself or shut up about it.

I'm not disagreeing with the points made. In fact I agree with many of them, but I think it is horrific how the information is presented, using this child as a mouthpiece.