True TV

TheFishman1

Had the same same problem until I rebooted the box. Just cut the power for it for a few seconds and turn it back on. You will then get the info wanted. 

I will not comment on losing the HBO channels I had with a gold package (only two I that  watched).

Assuming you are talking "words" describing the "particular movie/show playing at the time," yea, some of the new channels only display that in Thai.   You'll need to look at the banner on the screen, usually upper right or maybe left corner of screen, giving the movie/show name.

But if  you are talking the "default audio" which plays that didn't change for me.  If you had the default audio set to English, if the channel had an English soundtrack it still defaults to English.

Well, the default audio did change when the channels first came on while the box was still on.  I checked the the new channels at around 1am on 1 Jan (I was still up) and the default audio on some of the new channels was not defaulting to English...was not working properly...I had to manually change it to English each time.  But that was cured by turning the box off and then on again and its been fine since.  I also rechecked the audio/subtitle settings in the box and they had not changed...and should not have just for a few new channels as the those box settings affect all channels.

By the way, the new channels are in no way an equal or better replacement for the HBO/Cinemax channels.  I called True in late Dec and got a 30% discount for 3 months on my Platinum package.  If things don't improve when my discount is almost over I'll be downgrading to the Gold package.

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Assuming you are talking "words" describing the "particular movie/show playing at the time," yea, some of the new channels only display that in Thai.   You'll need to look at the banner on the screen, usually upper right or maybe left corner of screen, giving the movie/show name.

But if  you are talking the "default audio" which plays that didn't change for me.  If you had the default audio set to English, if the channel had an English soundtrack it still defaults to English.

Well, the default audio did change when the channels first came on while the box was still on.  I checked the the new channels at around 1am on 1 Jan (I was still up) and the default audio on some of the new channels was not defaulting to English...was not working properly...I had to manually change it to English each time.  But that was cured by turning the box off and then on again and its been fine since.  I also rechecked the audio/subtitle settings in the box and they had not changed...and should not have just for a few new channels as the those box settings affect all channels.

By the way, the new channels are in no way an equal or better replacement for the HBO/Cinemax channels.  I called True in late Dec and got a 30% discount for 3 months on my Platinum package.  If things don't improve when my discount is almost over I'll be downgrading to the Gold package.

I went into the True office at Kad Suan Kaew on January 2nd to express my displeasure, expecting to be offered a 30% discount from the platinum package that we have for our two TVs only to be given a pitch about how great the replacement channels are.  (Rubbish)  And handed a printout of the channels and price for the Gold package and the Super Family package when I said I don't want to pay so much for so little.  Good on you for getting a discount.

I was about ready to pull out one of the Truevisions boxes and haul it back over to KSK, demanding my deposit to be refunded and to downgrade the other box to Gold package (thought we'd try Netflix Thailand for a time) when we realized that both Truevision boxes are utilized almost 24/7 this time of year.  We can't possibly remove such an efficient cat warmer.

Maneki and Truevisions.jpg

If a Thai cat lover sees above picture they will go buy a lottery ticket ending in 225.

But seriously, I figure True has decided "to wait and see" how many people start downgrading or canceling due to True dropping HBO/Cinemax before offering anymore discounts, lowering the Platinum plan price (which I don't see happening), etc.    It's a matter of money and face now, especially since they have told the govt that the new channels are equal to or better than the old channels.   And I'm sure the True worker-bees have been instructed to praise the new channels.   

Edited by Pib

Oh yes, 225 used to be HBO Signature which we and "She who prefer to be known as Mr. Bitey's sister" often watched.  Actually she would be shocked if she knew I put her image on Thai visa, but at least it's not in regards to a POTY contest.  She would agree that keeping the TrueVision boxes in the condo was a worthy cause.

As you can see, she is quite good at working all the functions of a Truevisions box. She can change channels, go into the on-screen guide,  schedule programs for future viewing, turn off the TV and do multiple other functions without barely trying.

NancyL said:

""I was about ready to pull out one of the Truevisions boxes and haul it back over to KSK, demanding my deposit to be refunded"

I moved house in June last year and took my 2 TrueVision boxes with me to the new house. I realised I didn't need a satellite dish (or those boxes) because the house was supplied with fibre-optic cable. We went along to the TrueVision shop / kiosk at Big C, Hang Dong and returned the boxes, explaining that we now wanted the cable service. We were told our 2 x 2,000 baht deposit would be refunded within 45 days and given a receipt.

6 months later, In November, after numerous pointless conversations (with me being told they couldn't trace the 2 returned boxes, despite providing the information on the receipt), I made my feelings known on the TrueVision FB page. I kid you not, within 10 minutes I had a response from TrueVision customer service telling me that they had finally agreed to refund the deposit. We were told that the delay was caused because a TrueVision engineer had "mistakenly" taken the 2 boxes from the kiosk before they were returned to stock.

So if you do decide to return your TrueVision box(es) it maybe best to take them to a "proper" shop at one of the malls or to the TrueVision office. But whatever you do, definitely get a receipt.

Regards,

Joe

PS: I'm not sure the "new" film channels are any worse than the previous HBO selection of films (although I do miss the re-run of The Sopranos). The biggest probem for me is the seemingly continuous re-runs of films, which seems to indicate that they (TrueVision) only have relatively small library.

Just now, Shoeless Joe said:

6 months later, In November, after numerous pointless conversations (with me being told they couldn't trace the 2 returned boxes, despite providing the information on the receipt), I made my feelings known on the TrueVision FB page. I kid you not, within 10 minutes I had a response from TrueVision customer service telling me that they had finally agreed to refund the deposit. We were told that the delay was caused because a TrueVision engineer had "mistakenly" taken the 2 boxes from the kiosk before they were returned to stock.

I maintain a Facebook account (needless to say not in my own name) solely for the purpose of sticking it to large enterprises in the way described above, with similar results. As Corporal Jones in Dad's Army says "They don't like it up 'em".

I don't do Facebook, but I have a Twitter account that I only use when I have a complaint or can't get customer service to reply to my emails.  Usually I get tweeted back within minutes.  It's about the only thing that 'social media' is good for, in my humble opinion.

We are on the platinum package & initially weren't impressed with loosing the HBO channels, but are now more than happy with most of the replacement channels as they offer a good selection of current & older programs.

Not happy with the loss of BBC entertainment.

CANDA

I just cancelled my gold package by phone last week but also sent them an email so I had paper evidence if needed.

A guy called me on Monday 2nd trying to get me to stay and offered 50% discount for three months. I said no.

I also told him I wanted the 2000bt deposit back for the box rental.

He confirmed once the tech guy retrieves the box they will refund the deposit direct to my bank account. The tech guy is booked for this Monday.

No sooner had I ended the conversation and terminated the call he immediately cut the signal off the t**t

I thought at least they would have waited until the collection day.

Just shows how much they care about customer service.

Would have been left without any TV for a week if I had not purchased another box.

They did however reply to my email confirming the deposit within 30 days of the box retrieval.

I have read most threads about TrusVisions and the problems everyone has had. Not being a Television person (lived without one for 6 years) but recently connected to satelelite for the family and some sport for me. Took the super family package at about 950 baht including VAT but my first bill was 660 baht. As the service is the WTB name plus the pocket wifi for internet I can only assume they have given a discount because of the other service but nothing was asked for or explained (cannot read Thai). So the change in channels is no problem for me but we also get many of the EPL games but never requested them (for the extra 299 baht). We might get them all but they are past my bedtime so I will never know.

One thing about the new channels is that they are not programed in the "guide" button.

I'm with True, and like many others here, I don't think it is worth the house space the small box takes up. TV is useless to a foreigner, (and useless to Thais also, but they like Mr Bean type programming).

I got a Rasberry PI type box (no ongoing contract), and next month when my 12 month contract with True has been honoured, I'm just going to get the best possible internet my budget will support.  That would sort the TV out as well as finally getting internet that is more than about 15% of their claimed performance.

3 hours ago, canda said:

We are on the platinum package & initially weren't impressed with loosing the HBO channels, but are now more than happy with most of the replacement channels as they offer a good selection of current & older programs.

Not happy with the loss of BBC entertainment.

CANDA

On an earlier thread I did ask how we get the B100 a month  which we paid for BBC Entertainment (ch 354) refunded for outstanding months already paid for.  Any news or updates on this?   I live in hope. 

Daughter is very sad to lose the good BBC kids programmes too (mister maker etc)

The text guide for the new channels seems to be in English now, but no descriptions for the dusty old movies they show. Maybe it's coming soon. The new line up is nowhere as good as HBO stations they dropped. They also have turned on all the platinum stations although I have the gold package. For how long? Who knows.

34 minutes ago, curtklay said:

The text guide for the new channels seems to be in English now, but no descriptions for the dusty old movies they show. Maybe it's coming soon. The new line up is nowhere as good as HBO stations they dropped. They also have turned on all the platinum stations although I have the gold package. For how long? Who knows.

It takes time to translate the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs describing the old movies.   Give True more time.

I am really angry about them dropping HBO, They replaced HBO with stations I can get for free from my mansion using basic TV. I called TRUE and they stated they will call back in a few days and possibly discount my premium bill, I replied I will check with DTAC or AIS and may cancel my, Telephone, 2 Air Cards, Home Internet, as well as Truvisions. hopefully enough people will call to complain and force them to open up the wallet.

Does anyone know of any other alternatives?

Was on platinum went yesterday 3 boxes in house 2500pm drop it down to happy family everything we need 599 bht pm. Husband watches IPTV with UK programs and films.  Also cancel true mobiles and true internet. I think True will close soon. Lose many many customer now. New channels are no good.

HBO has won more awards for original programming than their three closest Network competitors combined.  

WAKE UP TRUE VISION!

The RERUN channels they replaced HBO with are garbage.

True refused to discount my Platinum account so I downgraded to Gold.

They said the January edition of Premier magazine was not even printed because the did not have the new programming information.

I received the Premier magazine with programing ON TIME twice in the last twelve months.

Wish there was a good alternative that has QUALITY customer service that isn't going to LIE TO ME.

2 hours ago, junglechef said:

I'm interested in the AIS as they have been decent with my cell service and just installed fiber optic in my hood.

The internet package incl a box and programming for the tv.

Anyone have it?

Lots of folks...like me....several threads in TV talking AIS Fibre....just do a Search.  Now  I'm in Bangkok vs Chiang Mai...but that don't make a difference as to what AIS offers as they offer the same thing Thailand-wide.   Been with AIS Fibre for over 6 months now....been very happy....switched from TrueOnline Cable/Fiber.

The TV channels included with AIS Fibre are basically Thai language channels similar to the lower cost TrueVisions paid TV plans but there is a little bit of English content like a couple of English news channels (sorry, no CNN, BBC, Bloomberg, etc).  The picture quality is absolutely excellent. Basically the TV box they provide called the Playbox is an Android box with an AIS Fibre basic menu structure but you can loaded all types of apps from Google Play....like I said...it's just an Android box.   Most AIS Fibre plans includes free HOOQ for 12 months...after the free months HOOQ will cost you Bt119/month.  HOOQ is basically like a NetFlix which carries X-amount of movies and TV series....HOOQ boosts 10,000 movies and TV episodes in their library but it's mostly older movies....lots of the movies/TV shows are in non-English in order to reach a wider audience.    There are other HOOQ type packages you can add-on via AIS.

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/about.html

http://www.ais.co.th/playbox/en/hooq.html

great news for us !  

I thought my Platinum service expired mid to late this year BUT it actually expires mid  February.  I can just walk away from TRUE visions as we were silly many years ago and bought the TRUE/UBC boxes then.  How lucky is that 

Am thinking about IPTV - any comments please?

Do you think TRUE executives read these comments Craig?

17 hours ago, curtklay said:

Gold package subscribers will be able to "enjoy" Platinum package for one month (January). This will cost TrueVisions absolutely nothing, just upset a bit Platinum package subscribers.

On 1/4/2017 at 10:01 PM, Pib said:

I did get the discount....bill just arrived....also got a True Black Card (i..e, a prepaid MasterCard).   Full info at below post