Several dead and wounded in US airport shooting

rooster59

2 hours ago, JustNo said:

Fair point point if you want to look at the amount of life loss and the chances of being caught up in a  situation, however again I would like to point out that one is a third world country.. Not only that but what stands out is that these mass shootings are so rare in other developed nations, it is so striking in comparison. And of course other developed nations have guns as we have seen in this thread, so the problem remains with the people using the guns i.e. the US citizens and the society there 

But this is solely about "shootings" there are way  more ways to  kill people en masse than shootings as mentioned in the article  linked to, how about the German?  pilot  who  wiped out a plane  load of people.............no gun involved, gun is  just the method, all the "other" ways need to be calculated up before condemning America

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have said it before and I will say it again, more guns equal more gun violence.

The theory that arming the population will reduce gun crime is nothing short of preposterous, until the populous can see the light these dreadful events will continue.

I am anti guns and can't see why a civilised human being would want one after all they were designed to kill and civilised people don't kill.

10 hours ago, kannot said:

do u  really  think  its  changed  that  much  in 15  years?

Yes...

By 2014 USA 10.54 per 100,000 head of population so that's 105.4 per million. up 3 fold.

By 2010 South Africa 83 from 700 big improvement.

(source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate)

What is clear the countries that figure higher than the states have issue with war, civil war, lawlessness, crime and drugs many are in the USA's back yard with USA involvement.

Another stat...

gun-death-rates-chart.jpg

ERIN GRINSHTEYN, DAVID HEMENWAY/THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINE

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/

On 1/7/2017 at 5:15 PM, stevenl said:

He is not a muslim, so he must have psychological problems.

I do not see how the shooters religion is relevant, but he identified as a muslim and called himself Aashiq Hammad since at least 2007, long before any trips to Iraq with the army.

3 hours ago, TankerWeams said:

I do not see how the shooters religion is relevant, but he identified as a muslim and called himself Aashiq Hammad since at least 2007, long before any trips to Iraq with the army.

You sure this is not 'fake news' as it is only reported in the usual extremist right wing web sites