120,000 Baht Gold Chain Stolen From Chinese Tourist in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had noticed a motorbike had been driving behind them, but thought nothing of it until the motorbike approached quickly and snatched his gold chain 

If caught, the thief can expect to be sent to a junkyard, broken into pieces and sold for scrap.

On 2017/1/8 at 5:23 PM, phanu said:

120.000 THB... It's just 3.000 € !

I have many friends who have real jewelry, much more expensive than this !!!

I don't get what you meant. So you have friends who have jewelry much more expensive than this, so what? Are we supposed to know?

The snatch thieves will immediately go to have an exact fake one made so that if they were caught they would produce the fake one. It happened before. So your real gold became fake gold. You can have it back now.

I don't know anything about the insurance policy in China, especially for Chinese tourists who insured their valuables when travelling overseas.

I wouldn't mind being robbed if the insurance company is going to pay me full price because I pay premium rate for the insurance. So every night I be will walking around the market with my gold chain thick like a rope.

The insurance company does ask for the Thailand Police Report.

While serving in Vietnam late 69 early 70s a day would not pass where there wasn't a pair of thieves on a mc. Just too easy. Back then, expensive cameras were the choice of the discerning thief on a motorbike. Gold chains were a very close second. The ease of snatching the camera was the difference. After a couple of years there, I discovered the locals knew EXACTLY who the culprits were. GIs were considered just a source of income, a crop. And since new arrivals showed up every month, they had a continuous harvest!

12 hours ago, WhizBang said:

What sort of a brain dead person wears a 120,000 baht gold chain, in Pattaya, at night?  Common sense would tell you that flashing an expensive gold chain is nothing but a magnet for thieves, especially in Pattaya.  

Not everyone has knowledge of risks in Pattaya, especially if one is a tourist.

Even if the risks were known, it does not make it right. 

17 hours ago, WhizBang said:

What sort of a brain dead person wears a 120,000 baht gold chain, in Pattaya, at night?  Common sense would tell you that flashing an expensive gold chain is nothing but a magnet for thieves, especially in Pattaya.  

the kind that puts fashion ( show off) above common sense 

On 1/9/2017 at 6:56 AM, WhizBang said:

What sort of a brain dead person wears a 120,000 baht gold chain, in Pattaya, at night?

this?                                                           

V

chain-snatch-3.jpg

I couldn't read past page 2.  Same old TV grumpy man BS.   Your always saying how dangerous it is and you wouldn't wear a gold necklace.  Then accuse the guy of insurance fraud for a measly 3 k USD?? <deleted>.    And those who think gold has strength have never owned and gold chain.    As much as Chinese tourists taje selfies you even have to ask if it was a picture in the last hours?    Just go back to your poor lives old TV f..ks!

On 1/9/2017 at 8:38 AM, Emster23 said:

And why might he have a photo such as he showed.... insurance purposes?

Nope, Asians loves selfies , so he would probably have 200 pictures of himself with that chain . 

If he isafirst time visitor hemight not know that you can't wear anything that even looks expensive. He wore  it every day for 5 years so China must be much safer and civilised than Thailand. Can't blame the tourist blame the bloody Thai who did it. You guys are so bloody quick to condemn even an innocent tourist.

3 hours ago, draks said:

If he isafirst time visitor hemight not know that you can't wear anything that even looks expensive. He wore  it every day for 5 years so China must be much safer and civilised than Thailand. Can't blame the tourist blame the bloody Thai who did it. You guys are so bloody quick to condemn even an innocent tourist.

You have a point about him being first time visitor and not be aware of the fact that pattaya is notorious with it's chain snatching thugs  unlike most cities in China but in this day and age considering how violence has gone up all over the world, it's common sense to research just a little on internet before you land on foreign soil with a $3000 gold chain around your neck as that is a high number  no matter which income bracket you are in. Furthermore, the point isn't whether $3000  made a dent or not in his wallet.It's about life and death as In many places in the world you may get murdered for wearing jewellery  far less valuable than that. I feel sorry for the poor guy though!

Archived