Video: Hunt on for foreigners who disrespected Thai flag

webfact

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Let me explain. Just because you have no recollection of the events whist being drunk, that doesnt mean you didnt intend to carry out any actions you did, at the time, whilst drunk

Things seem like a good idea to do when you are drunk , and they arent such a good idea in the cold light of day . 

Bet there's a few married guys with one kid out there thinking the same thing.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kannot said:

if  you are drunk you are  not of sound mind  so good  or bad is impaired they may have thought it was a  dancing naked lady in their minds for all we  know they  may have thought nothing of  good  or bad idea at all

They would have to have been taking chemicals for them to think those were something other than flags .

1 minute ago, bermannor said:

Kannot, you missed something in your life when you never got drunk.Namely the experience why a ruling elite is interested in providing alcohol at an affordable price and alcohol producers are an important economical factor in most countries (exceptions like Saudi Arabia where money is the alcohol).

I tasted alcohol once, it was disgusting......now have you ever tried  I.V. benzodiazepene................thats great stuff

Almost daily I see British or other major western flags on the chests, a*rses, feet or fashion accessories worn or carried by the very same people that are overreacting to this folly.

Some years ago a shoe manufacturer in OZ was made to withdraw some trainers there after the Thai's went OTT re flag & feet and IIRC the manufacturer capitulated.

Charge these idiots by all means but keep it sensible; especially if you want their countrymen to continue bringing their wallets...

Edited by evadgib

8 minutes ago, kannot said:

lot of "maybe's" in there, if they have no recollection of what happened  any reason would be nothing more than a guess

To be fair, I was giving a possibility , unlike person whom I was replying to  who gave certainties, even thought they were not certainties at all .

I made it quite clear that it was just a possibility by using the word "maybe" .

I just don´t understand this dicussion. Everybody here just repeat the word respect, and if people have this or not and who is included or who is not included in that discussion.

Wow! All regarding that kind of conversation here are like little children.

Just understand for once that people live here sometimes show respect and sometimes not.
People coming like tourists sometimes show respect and sometimes not.
There are Thai people that sometimes show respect and sometimes not.

Suprise, suprise! See there are people everywhere that are same. In every country all over the world.

It´s just that the law should punish the once that break it, and show disrespect in a way that are unlawful. You all just missed the point of the discussion. Great job!

Now that we have established that easy thing. Can we please not have the need to take up simple things like this in the nest thread too. Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, cmsally said:

Seriously looking at that, a lot of tourists would not be aware that they were Thai flags. For starters they are hanging the wrong way around and to anyone else apart from a Thai , probably look like shopping mall decoration.

General stupidity, ignorance of local laws & customs doesn't  usually mean you get a free pass from the law, especially in cases of criminal damage to other peoples property....which is universally understood to be wrong.

Not recognising the flag of the country you have travelled half way round the world to visit....really?

Edited by onthesoi

No need for comments, just a simple poll. 

1.  death penalty after torture and (use your imagination)

2.  kill their entire family

3.  jail for 100000000 years, shown on a webcam

let's not kid ourselves, this is who we are on TV

5 hours ago, katana said:

both reported as being Italian (although their transliterated names don't sound very Italian?).

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

The one speaking has what sounds like a German accent.

2 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

They sound like German to me.

I think i know what's going on here! 

If you ever went for a skying holiday on the Dolomites, you'll probably knows too.

Sud-Tyrol was once part of Austria, before to become italian, in fact the resentment about it, it's still so high that many people even refuse to speak italian, that's why you can find people named "Tobias" or "Ian" in Italy, it's NOT a mistake, and that's the reason for the german's accent/names and italian's passports, well spotted to the people up here :clap2: 

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I just googled images of the uk flag being burnt and I was lots of images skinheads doing it. Im going to take a wild guess and say that these people weren't Muslims.

Thats strange, because I also googled it and completely different results appeared 

Not even one image of "skinheads doing it" ?

Most odd

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I just don´t understand this dicussion. Everybody here just repeat the word respect, and if people have this or not and who is included or who is not included in that discussion.

Just understand for once that people live here sometimes show respect and sometimes not.

Suprise, suprise! See there are people everywhere that are same. In every country all over the world.

It´s just that the law should punish the once that break it, and show disrespect in a way that are unlawful. You all just missed the point of the discussion. Great job!

Now that we have established that easy thing. Can we please not have the need to take up simple things like this in the nest thread too. Thanks in advance!

keep your wig on mr moderator.................no offence to moderators or wigged  people was meant in the making of this statement,   All characters and events depicted in this comment  are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Deepest respect and reverence etc blah blah

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

What is a nest thread ? it's not something one makes flags out of is it? This is a great discussion, makes for a good read, it's mostly funny without being obscene.

5 hours ago, balo said:

Try to do that in the US with an American flag and you'll get shot by some nutter with a gun . 

The "nutters with a gun" in America nowadays seem to be those other than the people you seem to be disrespecting with this post.  Chew on that for awhile and let us know your thoughts afterward.

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:

And in what religion can you for sure say that it´s not based on myth, and is perfectly true?

science and reason, religion has ALL the answers Science does not

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

What is a nest thread ? it's not something one makes flags out of is it? This is a great discussion, makes for a good read, it's mostly funny without being obscene.

a  nest thread is when things get too eggcited

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Yes, its logo for a Country , which gives it significance .

It signifies a Country and the message was "This is what we think of Thailand"

It also wasnt their property to damage.

I wonder what would happen in Germany if a few of the newly imported culture enrichers  would be caught doing the same thing with German flags (which is quite unlikely because unlike Thailand they don't have many German flags there)

What would happen to them? Probably their nationality would not be mentioned in the news - if news at all

Oh and it  would be really nice to have all the muslim rapists from the NewYears's day and all other times pictured in the news and in TV prostrating in front of German women

Edited by sweatalot

5 hours ago, cmsally said:

Seriously looking at that, a lot of tourists would not be aware that they were Thai flags. For starters they are hanging the wrong way around and to anyone else apart from a Thai , probably look like shopping mall decoration.

Irregardless, you don't go about doing what they did in a foreign country, period.

I also DO NOT buy the fact that they were very drunk, ask yourself this, if you were that pissed, could you jump up and pull those flags/decorations down, I think not, and you wouldn't be walking straight either.

Give them each 12 months in a Thai prison with 60 inmates to a cell, one toilet, they can see how it feels to sleep on the floor and then learn some RESPECT. 

13 minutes ago, puukao said:

No need for comments, just a simple poll. 

1.  death penalty after torture and (use your imagination)

2.  kill their entire family

3.  jail for 100000000 years, shown on a webcam

let's not kid ourselves, this is who we are on TV

Can I have stoning added?

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Irregardless, you don't go about doing what they did in a foreign country, period.

I also DO NOT buy the fact that they were very drunk, ask yourself this, if you were that pissed, could you jump up and pull those flags/decorations down, I think not, and you wouldn't be walking straight either.

Give them each 12 months in a Thai prison with 60 inmates to a cell, one toilet, they can see how it feels to sleep on the floor and then learn some RESPECT. 

gosh what next urinating in public.......ooops  I forgot you can see that daily here from the locals