Forum Upgrade - New Features

george

Sorry to bother you again kayo but its not working every time i click on a name or mine it takes me to what looks like a profile page with information on that person. I dont get a drop down bar when i click on a name any idea whats wrong or is it me i am using firefox on a mac powerbook G4

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mazo,

I too am using ffox, but not a mac, so I don't know if my comments will help, though I think it should be the same.

If you double click, it will take you to the profile of that person.

If you single click, the name should highlight, and a arrow with a drop down should appear, as per my screen shots in the previous post.

If the drop down is not working, I'm not sure why that would be, but in any case, with the double click that takes you to the profile page, you can stilll see what you want, hopefully:

On the right hand side again, now underneath the user photo (not avatar) there is an "options" button. It is effectively the same button as the one I described. Just it is another way of seeing it.

It is also effectively the same button as the one we had the past 8 months or so that you were using before, so it should drop down.

Give it a try-

Mazo,

I too am using ffox, but not a mac, so I don't know if my comments will help, though I think it should be the same.

If you double click, it will take you to the profile of that person.

If you single click, the name should highlight, and a arrow with a drop down should appear, as per my screen shots in the previous post.

If the drop down is not working, I'm not sure why that would be, but in any case, with the double click that takes you to the profile page, you can stilll see what you want, hopefully:

On the right hand side again, now underneath the user photo (not avatar) there is an "options" button. It is effectively the same button as the one I described. Just it is another way of seeing it.

It is also effectively the same button as the one we had the past 8 months or so that you were using before, so it should drop down.

Give it a try-

No nothing with single click or double click nothing just geting redirected to the profile page. The options drop down bar is not droping down in the profile page either :o . Anyone else having this problem also on the profile page i can not get anything to respond :D

Edited by mazo

might be case of clearing cache etc etc... for you then. and then re booting your pc.

Maybe that'll solve it.

Definitely try clearing the cache (temporary Internet files). There were several things not working for me also, including that one, until I cleared my cache. Also, be sure you have Javascript enabled.

Edited by tywais

Is there going to be a feature you can see all the members who have put a picture up.

Like press search and have a feature that has members with picture or something

Not exactly what you had in mind but if you click on 'Members' you can search for only those that have Photos then go to their profile from the search list.

I really liked the feature where the left most column showed a tiny yellow star over the symbols to show that we have either started or replied to that particular thread. :D Bring it back, please.

Not sure what you mean... Yellow star?

First picture is screenshot of partial page of TV thread. The part that I've circled in red is shaped like a rectangular folder in this old format.

post-2263-1165848200_thumb.jpg

When TV temporarily changed format to have black texts on a muddy-pink format, this rectangular folder icon changed to oval shape like in the second attachment. And the topics to which I either started or replied to had a star over the oval icon.

post-2263-1165848212_thumb.jpg

This was very useful to me. Don't know if others noticed it though. Also amazing that you, the admin did not notice it :D.

:o

OK, :slap on forehead: I've found out that even this old version has this option, only the icons are different. The current version has a marking in the lower right part of the folder icon to show one's own posting in that particular thread :o

OK, :slap on forehead: I've found out that even this old version has this option, only the icons are different. The current version has a marking in the lower right part of the folder icon to show one's own posting in that particular thread :o

I didn't understand what the <deleted> you were on about, now you've sussed it, I know what you mean....! :D :D

redrus

• 2 weeks later...