TrueVisions insists it has provided sufficient remedy for cancellation of HBO channels

snoop1130

TrueVisions insists it has provided sufficient remedy for cancellation of HBO channels

By The Nation

TrueVisions insisted Monday that it has provided sufficient remedy for the cancellation of six HBO channels from its subscription TV network since January 1.

In its statement in apparent response to the sub-committee on consumer protection related to broadcasting and telecommunications, TrueVisions said it has replaced the six channels with internationally popular channels and has provided more privileges to its customers as compensation.

TrueVisions upgraded the subscription packages for its customers to the next higher package for one month. Those who subscribe to the top package of Platinum will receive 1,000 True Bonus points for spending to buy goods and services from True partners.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30303747

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-1-9

I use True only for the PL. They're going to need to eat humble pie and learn to adapt to an online world of Tv and movies. Can get Netflix for 280 Baht a month. Now have Amazon prime and can get most of the Thai Tv channels for free. Very easy here to download movie torrents without any worry. 

I hope this is the beginning of the end for this company's cable packages. You've been arrogant and now you're reaping. 

I just cancelled my subscription to both internet and cable tv before it was even announced that they were dropping HBO et al. I dislike the monopolistic attitude of True. I have signed up with AIS, although it is mainly streaming type programming. I don't watch that much tv anyway. Saving Baht 1,700 per month and much higher speed internet into the bargain. 

In the statement, TrueVisions stopped short of saying it would not attend a public hearing on the issue to be held by the subcommittee on Tuesday.

TrueVisions said it was willing to explain the cancellation of HBO channels to the subcommittee on the basis that the explanation must be done only in the presence of the panel members and TrueVisions’ representatives.

This just proves how much they really care about their subscribers... Never trusted their offer and laughed at their prices. Been with 3BB for 1 year now and I have all the Thai channels for free streaming through my android TV box as well as so many foreign channels for the a much more affordable price.

Edited by ezflip
added 'for free'

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

TrueVisions insisted Monday that it has provided sufficient remedy for the cancellation of six HBO channels

I'm assuming that True understands that subscribers will decide what is adequate. When the phone starts ringing with cancellations will they understand?

13 hours ago, ezflip said:

In the statement, TrueVisions stopped short of saying it would not attend a public hearing on the issue to be held by the subcommittee on Tuesday.

TrueVisions said it was willing to explain the cancellation of HBO channels to the subcommittee on the basis that the explanation must be done only in the presence of the panel members and TrueVisions’ representatives.

This just proves how much they really care about their subscribers... Never trusted their offer and laughed at their prices. Been with 3BB for 1 year now and I have all the Thai channels for free streaming through my android TV box as well as so many foreign channels for the a much more affordable price.

Hi what app do you use to get thai channels please

I'm another that will be cancelling True Visions and using AIS internet/IPTV.  I hear that True is actually messing with MBPS rates to screw up people that have dropped their tv service.  40 USA college bowl games on since mid December, including the National Championship game on right now and only 1, count them 1 was on live and not the game today.  Cheap Bast...ds.  How much snooker, darts, and badmitton can one watch??  Not to mention the piss poor relacement channels geared to teenagers/people that like 10 year old series and not the Expat population that actually pays for this crap service.  Bye Bye True. 

It is True Misery Entertainment. If you switch between the 4 new movie channels, that are supposed to be premier entertainment equivalent to HBO, you will find them running the same movies on each of these channels. Most of these are third rate old American bubble gum for the masses series such as "Friends".  There has been no replacement for BBC Entertainment. I also notice that most of the programs including HD are poor picture quality.

The so called special one month free upgrade to Platinum is a con trick since they unblock this every as a promotion to get Gold Package subscribers to upgrade to Platinum.

Ok there is an alternative to download via Torrents or overseas source, however they also intend to block access through the Single Gateway.

16 hours ago, sniffdog said:

Just subscribed to Iptvfeed. Over 5,000 channels including HBO in different countries. 590 baht per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the rapidiptv site ?? 

Clear, no buffering ?? EPG ?? 

Currently recomending people https://www.liteiptv.com/ and newyear2017 for 20% off.. Not worked out how to integrate EPG into kodi tho. 

Ilikehd is not very good. Average service. Depending on your needs, thai expat tv is much better. As said, I use iptvfeed which has over 5,000 channels for 590 baht per month. Less if you order multiple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueVisions said it has replaced the six channels with internationally popular channels and has provided more privileges to its customers as compensation.

The six channels are total crap with a lot of commercials, nowhere near as good as HBO. 

Those who subscribe to the top package of Platinum will receive 1,000 True Bonus points for spending to buy goods and services from True partners.

How is this fair compensation, the only people that benefit from this is True.  I'm about to cancel my subscription, I hope the class action lawsuit bankrupts them.