Trump son-in-law Kushner to take on senior White House advisory role

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Trust me I am perfectly content with my lineage, accomplishments, wealth and upbringing.  The only difference is that my daddy didn't bankroll my entry into the business world

Why do you think The Donald has such an affinity for Kushner ?   A shared history of  pampered breeding 

I believe young Jared's lineage includes his tax evading, witness tampering jailbird father. Nice one.....

9 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Good news. He and his wife are intelligent businesspeople that will help President Trump make America great again!

You mean try to make them great.  They are going to suck every dollar possible from the poor and middle class.  They want power and money.  I hope he at least follows through with the infrastructure program.  All those billionaires know they need the infrastructure projects to distract from moving masses of wealth to themselves.  The big bankers that did not go to jail for causing the crash, and making the tax payers increase their wealth with tax dollars, are now in top positions of the government.  I want the middle class to be what it was when I was growing up, but it's not happening with this crew.  I hope i'm wrong, but the strategy seems obvious.  I have enough assets not to worry about it, and his policies will make me money too.  But, he's not truthful, and his temperament is not compatible with the position.  If someone has to tell you that they are smart in a public venue, they are not smart, only pompous

Edited by Redline

37 minutes ago, mrfill said:

I believe young Jared's lineage includes his tax evading, witness tampering jailbird father. Nice one.....

He fits right in, BUT he will deny that to the end, and somehow blame it on 9/11, which will first be accepted in Russia, and then later accepted wordwide starting on RT and Sputnik, then moving to Hillary dominated transnational snowflake networks, as well as the snobby music and acting community in Hollywood and beyond who are lost in their own glory and wealth that they stole from the public by tricking people to pay for their performances.  Where is that bunker?  I need a break

Edited by Redline

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

This is being commented on as if it wasn't expected but it was always on the cards.  This is Trumps swamp now and he fills it as he feels inclined to.  He is following a predictable route which is to be expected.

Much more to come

4 hours ago, kamahele said:

I guess he will have to give up the negotiations with the Chinese Hotel Group Ambang which has close ties to the Chinese Govt. over the management of his own family's hotel (not a Trump property).

The congress has already exempted him from sitting in the White House roost. They claim the law is for businesses only and that politics is not a business????? We are at the beginning of a lot of legal twists to suit the incoming trough feeders. They will no doubt create a new generation of Rasputins. 

Edited by elgordo38

11 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

The congress has already exempted him from sitting in the White House roost. They claim the law is for businesses only and that politics is not a business????? We are at the beginning of a lot of legal twists to suit the incoming trough feeders. They will no doubt create a new generation of Rasputins. 

Some are pursuing this.  They say the law doesn't apply to him and he can't take the job.  Hopefully, they can make it stick.

I don't really think Trump wants to go down in history as being the guy that just made money from his presidency.  He is filthy rich already. I think he will try to do what he thinks is best for the people. Whether or not he is right about what is best is another issue.

14 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I don't really think Trump wants to go down in history as being the guy that just made money from his presidency.  He is filthy rich already. I think he will try to do what he thinks is best for the people. Whether or not he is right about what is best is another issue.

I think what ultimately matters to Trump is how he sees things. Matters less how people see him, more how he convinces himself he is seen by them.

32 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I do not think Trump ever thought in his life he would or could go down.

I think he will be extremely proud to be the first to make BIG money from and during  his presidency , and need the other billionaires of his cabinet to testify.

I think he will achieve his personal goals, and install his name as a dinasty.

I think American voters and Russia handed him the opportunities - knowingly.

He has wealth, fame, power and glory.

And no opponents.

Edited by Opl

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

I think what ultimately matters to Trump is how he sees things. Matters less how people see him, more how he convinces himself he is seen by them.

I sure hope he governs as he see's things. That would be a new one in my lifetime. All the rest of the presidents have worked for the people the owe favors to in their lifetime political careers. 

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

I sure hope he governs as he see's things. That would be a new one in my lifetime. All the rest of the presidents have worked for the people the owe favors to in their lifetime political careers. 

And Trump is not and will not be any different. Perhaps just more so. Have another look at the people he wishes to appoint to the highest posts in his administration. Drain the swamp, eh?

9 minutes ago, Opl said:

I do not think Trump ever thought in his life he would or could go down.

I think he will be extremely proud to be the first to make money from his presidency, and need the other billionaires of his cabinet to testify.

I think he will achieve his personal goals, and install his name as a dinasty.

I think American voters and Russia handed him the opportunities - knowingly.

I see it a little different. He and the other billionaires know how they got to be billionaires and they also know that it wasn't right but they only played the cards dealt. They have a chance to change the game so it doesn't continue. Nobody can buy them off. I sure hope I am right on this but will admit it if I am wrong. While Clinton and Obama were surely better for the working class and the common people than Reagan and the Bush's they were still a big part of selling out the same people. We need a radical change of direction.

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

And Trump is not and will not be any different. Perhaps just more so. Have another look at the people he wishes to appoint to the highest posts in his administration. Drain the swamp, eh?

The swamp is in congress.

11 minutes ago, Grubster said:

The swamp is in congress.

The swamp is everywhere where money meets politics and influence. And rich people (referring to your other post) are not necessarily done accumulating wealth. If this was so, Trump would have had less issues severing his ties with his companies.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

I see it a little different. He and the other billionaires know how they got to be billionaires and they also know that it wasn't right but they only played the cards dealt. They have a chance to change the game so it doesn't continue. Nobody can buy them off. I sure hope I am right on this but will admit it if I am wrong. While Clinton and Obama were surely better for the working class and the common people than Reagan and the Bush's they were still a big part of selling out the same people. We need a radical change of direction.

The Trump supporter sees him exactly exactly the way he wants her to see him: " Finally someone who thinks like me"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/finally-someone-who-thinks-like-me/2016/10/01/c9b6f334-7f68-11e6-9070-5c4905bf40dc_story.html?utm_term=.215cc938dccc 

How can she possibly believe someone who spent his  entire life among millionaires if not billionaires "thinks like her" ?

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

I feel the same way, however, I am far from certain. I have no problem with keeping an eye on what he does, but the insane mud slinging and baseless speculation that is going on now is just plain silly.

28 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I feel the same way, however, I am far from certain. I have no problem with keeping an eye on what he does, but the insane mud slinging and baseless speculation that is going on now is just plain silly.

NONE of the speculation that is going on nor the 'mud slinging' is baseless, to even suggest that to an intelligent audience is "plain silly".

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

The insane mud slinging and baseless speculation that was going on during the elections was also just plain silly. Absolutely the worst election process I've ever seen in the US.  From both sides!

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

The insane mud slinging and baseless speculation that was going on during the elections was also just plain silly. Absolutely the worst election process I've ever seen in the US.  From both sides!

We agree on that, but, to be fair, it was not that much worse than the last election. They have turned into wall to wall lies, no matter who the candidates are.

14 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

We agree on that, but, to be fair, it was not that much worse than the last election. They have turned into wall to wall lies, no matter who the candidates are.

Seems some don't agree with you on this one.  I also think more lies were told by Trump during this campaign than any other I've witnessed.  These guys agree:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/the-whoppers-of-2016/

The Whoppers of 2016

Donald Trump again dominates our annual review of political falsehoods.

A year ago, we broke with past practice and named Donald Trump our first ever “King of Whoppers.” This year, the reigning champ defended his title well – once again dominating our annual review of political whoppers.