Uni girl propositioned for sex - but cops do nothing

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" a man showed her a sex video on a phone " Unless this was home video, isn't there some sort of computer crime he could be charged with? I know it is not much, but at least get him on record and earn a nice "tip" for the police. maybe she should have suggested 30,000 baht for fee for 'services"? Having to pay hefty sum for sex might scare him off....

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" the cops finally arrived they said that no crime had been committed and they could no nothing."

could do nothing.

anyway thanks for clearing that legal point up.

Attempted coercion and stalking is nothing in your sight of a Sexpat?

4 hours ago, gdgbb said:

No, what they meant was that no offence had been committed.

Don't they have behavior likely to lead to a breach of the police; anti stalking or nuisance laws. Can't they think about just having a "friendly word" in the perv's ear. All depends on the copper. 

Year ago in the UK my then gf was being pestered by a creep who worked with her sister. My mate had 2 brothers who were senior police officers. They ran a check on him on the qt - all clear. So their suggestion was to wallop him one dark night if he didn't stop!

4 hours ago, ezflip said:

... Why won't the cops do anything - I don't understand", she added.

Because Thailand is male oriented and you have no rights, yet. Why is it that a rapist gets a 1 year sentence (out in 6 months) but a drug dealer gets 5 to 10 years. While we are at it, why is there no penalty for stalking a women...

This is not a politically correct country ,thank goodness

3 hours ago, ChangMaiSausage said:

Quote: "Funny that such a pretty girl would have such an ugly boyfriend".

Great statement do you think they say that behind out backs about farang / thai couples. ...

Not about me mate. I'm even better looking than my dog.

This (in any other normal country) would blatantly be a case of sexual harassment. But in Thailand it is not.The comment about waiting for something to happen,is laughable.Would they be more happy to do something if she was raped,or raped and murdered?When will the male ego,realise that women are not chattels to be used as they see fit?My wife is quite a stunner even at 45.When she was younger she was beautiful.Her take on this post,is,that she always carried a kraft knife in her bag,She quite honestly told me that if this guy had not given up,and even if he laid a hand on her,she would have gutted him like a fish.

3 hours ago, ChangMaiSausage said:

Great statement do you think they say that behind out backs about farang / thai couples. ...

If there is a big difference between the attractiveness .. probably.. ah that guy has money. 

But see even in Thailand the girls care about how a guy looks.. and his age and so on. Its just that they sometimes oversee those things for money.. wonder what happens when the money is gone. :smile:

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

If there is a big difference between the attractiveness .. probably.. ah that guy has money. 

But see even in Thailand the girls care about how a guy looks.. and his age and so on. Its just that they sometimes oversee those things for money.. wonder what happens when the money is gone. :smile:

Like many women and not just in Thailand of course, they initially weigh up looks vs. financial capacity. I totally understand this. 

2 hours ago, hobz said:

Except for showing the video the man did nothing wrong. You have the right to ask a person to have sex. And they have the right to decline.

Spoken like a privileged member of society (male) who has never felt sexually threatened in public.  Bully for you, big boy.

31 minutes ago, outsider said:

That sums up how bloody stupid, accompanied by an equally idiotic attitude, law-enforcement officers are in this country - 'wait until something happens'. Frigging idiots.

sorry - I am not usually one of the "happens everywhere not just Thailand" chorus, but in this I have personally experienced the police in my own country.

" But after a full hour when the cops finally arrived they said that no crime had been committed and they could do nothing. They advised the victim to wait until something criminal happened"

this was exactly my experience when I was threatened with road rage. "Call back when you have actually been assaulted", they said.

5 hours ago, gdgbb said:

No, what they meant was that no offence had been committed.

Is it true that stalking and showing sex movies to a total stranger against their will isn't an offence? That comes as something of a shock to me even considering where I am. Surely it must come under sexual harassment? 

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

My bet is that at other times it works for him. They should have at the very least run his name and see if he is a violent offender with a record.

If I had a nickel for everytime a farang has propositioned my gf. I would have about ten bucks. Usually happens at the Emporium or Paragon.....

and you do nothing about it?

4 hours ago, ChangMaiSausage said:

I doubt you want to know.

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and you do nothing about it?

Not really. In the old days I used to let stuff like that rile me up. 

I've been arrested here. If it weren't for connections l would have been out of alot of money. Rather than a bottle or two of Black.

Besides. The current Gf is a knock out. Educated. Well mannered. Doesn't bother her. 

A guy I know fairly well. Got arrested and was locked up over Néw Years. He will get out of it when it's all said and done for about a half mill. 

He said jail wasn't that bad. Except for the night lock down. 100 guys in a cell for 10. Naw, I control my temper.

All falangs look the same to Thai girls, that's why they don't really care what you look like. Just so long as you treat them with respect and look after them, your no pomplam.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but I always wonder what the attitude of the police would be if they arrested a farang for assaulting another farang. My guess would be they would do whatever it would take to get their pockets lined.

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" the cops finally arrived they said that no crime had been committed and they could no nothing."

could do nothing.

anyway thanks for clearing that legal point up.

Keeping the pedantic theme alive, theoretically if they said they could do nothing that would mean that they could do something?

Don't see the problem here..........................:smile: